JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by vivelalune: 5/22/2020 1:56:08 AM

DON’T NERF RELOAD PERKS!!!! YOU’RE RUINING EVERYTHING!

BUNGIEEEEEE!!!! It’s enough that you’re sunsetting our gear. You promised to give us gear as powerful as Recluse to compensate for sunset! And now, after reading the TWAB, my worst fears have been realized! You’re not going to make weapons as powerful as Recluse!!!!! DO NOT NERF RELOAD PERKS!!!!! In case you didn’t know, Outlaw, Rapid Hit, Feeding Frenzy, and Drop Mag are ALL getting nerfed next season!!!! STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW!!!!!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It’s insane how optimistic some of you are when Bungie has a proven track record showing they don’t deserve it. More nerfs will follow last weeks TWAB. Yet to come... -New gun base reload stats reduced across the board -Reload mods nerfed by 50% Why? Because Bungie likes passive-slow play. Bungie wants us to be less powerful. Compare how many nerfs we’ve had to how many buffs we’ve had since Forsaken. There’s your proof. I’m not going to be optimistic that Bungie will make us powerful again. They’ve shown no inclination that that is what they intend on doing. For those of you who are buying the BS that you have to nerf one to buff the other, I’m sorry you’ve been brainwashed so badly. You don’t need to nerf one to buff the other. They could have kept reload perks intact and buffed hip fire grip and other worthless perks. REGARDLESS, history has shown that despite the nerfs, people will STILL cling on to reload perks instead of hip fire grip. Just look at the half baked versions of rampage, kill clip, etc. People will STILL use higher damage perks and higher reload perk combinations. And if you think this will be it? No, more nerfs are coming because Bungie loves to nerf stuff we use the most. They’ve said it themselves. They look at the statistics of players using one thing over the other and nerf the stuff we use so people will use other stuff. But that logic is horrible because everyone knows people will still use the same BS UNLESS the thing Bungie buffs is JUST AS POWERFUL. But they aren’t doing that anymore. Everything we get nowadays are half baked in power comparison. Bungie is TOO afraid of power creep. They are giving us weapons and abilities that are mere shadows of their former selves. That is WHY Bungie does not deserve the players to be optimistic anymore.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It won't make a difference. Because jnhanced loaders exist. If you take an enhanced auto rifle loader from the artifact and use a auto rifle with outlaw / feeding frenzy or drop mag it will physically reload faster than the games engine can even keep up with the animation, so nerfing these perks with the mods we already have will make 0 difference if anything it may even make them feel better . Not to mention there are so many other mods and gear that can subsitute this . It hurts on paper because it just reads as more nerfs. But unlike others I really feel this nerf will not be felt at all.

Posting in language:

• Bro the reloads all hit their cap with the changes regardless, did you not read and fully comprehend them? Like whats the point in +100 reload if it hits its cap at +45? Also feeding frenzy was kinda odd cuz a frenzy isnt a singular kill.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
    • I feel like I am breaking news to people when I say that the reload perks on armor exist, AND they aren’t being nerfed. The difference people will see in reload speed will be pretty minimal

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • D2 Community: Nerf Antaeus Wards!!!! D2 Devs: we hear you and we’re nerfing all reload perks!

Posting in language:

• Bungie is goin foward with this BL anyway so lets show them thre numbers go down by evryone that is against these changes stop playing as i did just not very fair that they came up with them after i bought the dlc s i regret buying them now

Posting in language:

• Small arms loaded/ rifle loader, etc my dude.. can’t think of any glove perks that are useful beyond that

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • They are literally making the outlaw perk half as good and making all reload stats the same across the board whats the point if variety when its all the same, Whats next damage perks all being the same where x5 rampage is the same and kill clip or surrounded, Its a joke, this is a looter shooter where is the variety in perks for gear?

Posting in language:

• In PvE if you reload even half as fast as before it doesn't even really matter. In PvP if everyone takes the same reload nerf it really doesn't matter either. People crazy overreacting over taking a fraction of a second longer to reload is crazy to me. But I'm a Hunter so I'll just hit circle twice and be invisible and reloaded so I guess there's that 😂

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by RPColten: 5/22/2020 10:10:15 PM
            Is it a nerf? Yes. Will it be impactful? Probably not. Like they said, most of the time you'll still be at the reload cap or very close so there won't be much impact player side. That and as far as we are aware, reload perks on [i]armour[/i] are not being changed and those stack with weapon perks. Example: The Last Wish curated hand cannon [armory]Nation of Beasts[/armory](Outlaw+Dragonfly) has a reload stat of 60. Current Outlaw puts the reload stat at 100. Post-nerf Outlaw will put it at 100, but the animation will be barely perceptibly longer.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • After reading some comments here about ppl thinking I’m whining like a child or oversimplifying this issue because “you won’t be able to tell the difference” it’s clear that there are too many ignorant ppl commenting here and playing the game. If you think this is the only nerf reload speed in general will get you are mistaken. If you think the new guns after sunset will have high reload stats like we have now, you are mistaken. If you think Bungie will ever make the game fun and make you feel powerful again, you are mistaken. If you think reload mods can make the difference, you are mistaken because Bungie will nerf those too. Bungie nerfs EVERYTHING we use the most to force us to use stuff that are half baked. They won’t let us play the game the way we want to play. They never have. They never will. Plain and simple. I made this post to protest NOT just this one announcement by itself, but the TREND of Bungie making us weaker. Bungie did NOT have to nerf reload perks to make other perks more viable, but they CHOSE to nerf one to buff the other. In the real world, you don’t need to make one thing worse to make the other thing better. Neither do you have to do that in the game. Do not let anyone fool you into believing that that’s the only way you can solve an issue. This nerf might not be a big deal to you but just wait a month from now. Wait a season from now. Wait a couple seasons from now. When will enough be enough? More lame game play without actual fun and challenging content to play it in? What the hell is the point? They might as well let us have fun playing the old content the way we CHOOSE to play the game. I’d rather play the game without all of these repeated and constant nerfs.

Posting in language:

• Just use the ammo you have more wisely and you can adjust for a tiny bit slower reload. Man who’d of thought of playing smarter would be best. Most of my builds I don’t even use reload perks because i rely on other perks and grenades for damage.

Posting in language:

• The reload perks arent going to be killed, they're just not going to cap out your reload speed for low reload weapons. Theyre being balanced around eachother. Chill

Posting in language:

• Edited by Twistybanana: 5/22/2020 10:19:06 PM
              I don't know about you but I honestly can't remember the last time I've been hindered by not having reload perks on a weapon. Hand cannons 2-3 headshot red bars, exotic/heavy for yellow+ enemies. Reload perks are nice to have but they absolutely do not make or break a gunfight. And just quickly reading the TWAB the reload speed is being reduced up a maximum of 0.125 seconds at the most. How is that going to "ruin everything"?

Posting in language:

10 Replies
              • Play something else if you don't like it, it seems fine to me 👍

Posting in language:

• Over react much? OMG this community has thinner skin than a 10 year old girl. The numbers they showed for the new reload perks are not nearly as bad as you (and others) are making a fuss over. Jesus. Honestly looks like you just read the headline. And your overreaction is EXACTLY why they’re doing this. As a whole, community puts far too much value in reload perks as they sit today. No other perks compare. And please don’t start down the idiot train of “just make other perks stronger.” In order to make a perk that gets this community off their reload crutches your need to fire lasers out of your ass on precision hits. This merely tones down reload to where other perks in the pool and that are being designed will actually get a look.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • Here here to Bungie for finally reigning in those pesky reload perks! I think we should keep this ball rolling & I’d like to suggest some additional PVE balancing ideas: ~Blackout a permanent modifier in all PVE activities. ~All ranged enemy weapons one hit kill you ~All champion ability regen quadruped (i.e. faster shield regen, more champion teleporting & faster unstoppable charge) ~Healing rift & Barricade time reduced to half & dodge cooldown time tripled ~Super regen levels rolled back to vanilla D2 ~ In addition to the previous reload nerfs, outlaw, feeding frenzy & rapid hit all now take away a portion of your shields & decrease resilience & recovery on activation. Activating rampage, kill clip, multi kill clip & swashbuckler also do the same. Using a combo of these perks will double the effect. ~All guns now have the following new ammo types: Primary- Bubbles Energy- Confetti Power- Marshmallows Swords have their blades replaced with feathers, but will still use marshmallows for ammo. This will FINALLY make this game balanced. Power fantasy is grossly overrated, am I right??

Posting in language:

21 Replies
                  • This game is already un-fun to solo. Now these fools want to take MORE power from us????? Wth are they thinking? This is dumber than the throw money comment! Case in point: Overload Majors Barrier Champions Overload Champions These make it harder or impossible depending on difficulty to finish content (as they were designed to). The other day I was trying to solo legendary moon Rasputin Bunker and could not dps the champions faster than they would regenerate health with ANY weapon! This was true even after killing the BOSS. Could not drop them more than 15%-25% even with matching dmg type, any combination of champion debuffs, AND well of radiance. One time I knocked one of them off a cliff and 2 seconds later it was right back on me. Im 1015 light and was doing 30k+ dmg a swing with my sword or more (master worked Stryker's Sure-Hand with relentless/whirlwind - tried every mod). After an hour of this bs, I just gave up. NO enemy should be that impossible to kill! And these idiots think our PVE power needs nerfing????

Posting in language:

• I just ask for Actim War Rig for Warlocks (War is literally in our NAMES!) and now I'm hearing reload is being nerfed. Yay. The worst thing about being Warlock (weapons handling & reload speed) is about to get worse.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                    • I agree. Why you doing reload perks? Why? So Hunters have they're dodge reload overly dominant again? Seriously don't see the point beyond that

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Edited by Amethystrhino: 5/23/2020 2:12:07 PM
                        Going back to D1, where my Imago Loop , a Fatebringer clone awaits. A primary Legendary Hand Cannon with Firefly with great reload perks. Just think about that. So fun to use.

Posting in language:

• Yeah this game really sucks

Posting in language:

• But if we don't need reload perks, how will we artificially increase play time? -Bungie

Posting in language:

• Can’t say I’m surprised. Bungie doesn’t like fun. Apparently nothing is worth doing or getting unless there’s a certain amount of challenge. 🙄

Posting in language:

• BUNGIEEEEEE has never listened. Don’t bother

Posting in language:

• Can anybody on this app wait for the patch to come out before they cry about it ? Let it come out and test it first . Making long ass post about something without even knowing if it’s that drastic of a change . Geez la weez

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon