JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Shamrock_74: 5/22/2020 3:03:57 AM
Shamrock_74
Shamrock_74

You may go to hell, I will go to Texas. old

TWAB is giving me a bad feeling.

This TWAB is reminding me of the beginning of Shadowkeep, arguably the worst major expansion in Destiny history. More nerfs to things that are good, and not enough buffs to things that aren’t. Call me crazy, but this pattern of mediocrity seems like it’s about to repeat itself again next year.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by sum12mezzwith: 5/23/2020 12:26:40 AM
    When you said shadow keep as a major expansion sounds kinda offputting.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• At this point I think Bungie is just making stuff up as they move forward. 2 weeks ago its "we are sunsetting the old weapons to make way for new ones, we are experimenting and may at some point in the future reissue weapons back into the loot pool" This week its "okay, here is a list of reprised weapons we are giving you that you may or may not be using right now but we are sunsetting those the following season... so um, err, content is hard" "Oh and since we know you like to shoot stuff, we are slowing you down, you shoot too often and stuff so we are balancing so this franchise burns to the ground from both ends"

Posting in language:

• They are no longer treating the game as a shooter. So they are taking power away from weapons so they can give to a different part of the game. So build making becomes meaningful, instead of: Stack weapon perks and run the meta... Last years nerfs became the power they gave us in Armor 2.0 and the new mods. These reload nerfs are clearly a prelude to a weapon system overhaul. No point in doing that as long as reload and damage perks dominate the game.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
    • I thought Shadowkeep was the 2nd best expansion in Destiny history (TTK will never be beaten)

Posting in language:

• You're crazy.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • D1 all over again. By the end everything got nerfed, nothing got buffed. Except auto rifles .04%. Ah the good times.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • This season and the TWABs have killed my will to play. I won't be buying any more season passes and I won't be buying the fall dlc either. I'm just going to do my BD Bounties and log off, and I barely want to do that.

Posting in language:

• The TWAB said to me, "hey guardian, there are so many talented developers out there with a lot of good games. Go, and check them out". I will do.

Posting in language:

• Just wait till next week. They r just getting warmed up.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • I’d argue TDB, Warmind, and CoO are worse than shadowkeep. With that being said, you make a solid point.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
            • Lol dude people were -blam!- just as much about D1 back In the day as they are now. Literally the EXACT same -blam!-. People forget about year 1 weapons getting a max light, people went nuts, just like they are now. People just need something to hold on to, the good ole days. D2 is t D1, stop comparing them. If you want a game like D1 l, go play D1.

Posting in language:

31 Replies
              • The problem is, most of the people who say they don't like the game, keep coming back, buying the passes, buying silver and putting hours in. All this says to bungie is that they can make money and shovel you any old crap and you will complain but not actually do anything about it. So it will keep happening, updates coming out at snails pace, shallow content, release half tested patches. No big change is coming to the game any time soon, each twab just confirms this even further.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • Its bungie sees that people are using something quite a bit in pvp or pve..next season rip to it all. They are doing their best at turning people away

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Not sure how I feel about it yet. We’ll see. What’s more concerning to me by far is that it sounds like the amount of content will be more in line with Shadowkeep. The next expansion needs to be on par with Forsaken in size and quality. Hearing things like “1 armor set shared between Strikes, Crucible, and Gambit” doesn’t make me confident.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                    • I've stepped away from reload perks outside of feed frenzy for most of my weapons in Crucible, I find other perks better with a base reload that is fast, since I can always use enhanced reloaders on my arms.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • You already pointed it out “more nerfs to things that are good”. They can’t make anymore good things, so it’s going in line with the rest of the bad. Who knows what happens after that

Posting in language:

• Show us on the doll where the mean TWAB hurt you. :( It's not ok mate, we're all feeling violated and Bungie going dark doesn't help the situation.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • The nerfs really don’t look bad, I had no idea some perks were literally maxing out your reload stats whenever they activated. This nerf only cuts them in half to make room for underused perks to finally see some play. Im always against undesired nerfs but this one really isn’t that bad

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • I know it sucks to see them nerfed, but I got a feeling reload perks will still remain at the top. Just not as high at the top, which will make it easier for them to buff or introduce perks to compete for the perk slot. We don’t know what they’re planning. This could be seen as a step in the right direction to getting better perks overall or them making our weapons weaker. It’s just that people tend to notice and point out the negative and don’t try to see things any other way.

Posting in language:

• *sigh*... Bungle bragging about sunsetting gear in general, nerfing reload perks rather than buffing bad and or underused perks to compete and static rolled legendary drops returning with the excuse that it's too hard for us to grind -you set the rules Bungle so rewrite them rather than make them worse. How does Bungle keep finding ways to surprise me with their idiotic decision making... ?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • It’s been repeating itself every year! Luke Smith’s philosophy is the same as Big Pharma; there’s no money in the cure. Keep making a crappy game, say sorry and offer a temporary fix (for cash of course) do the same over and over.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Edited by Smallershrub: 5/22/2020 4:28:59 PM
                                Bungie loves nerfing things players use all the time, but they don’t understand we use them because there are no better alternatives. They need to realize there’s a difference between a necessary nerf, and a usage nerf. Nerfing things we constantly use doesn’t create a balance, it creates power decay instead of power creep

Posting in language:

• What’s Twab?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                • [quote]This TWAB is reminding me of the beginning of Shadowkeep, arguably the worst major expansion in Destiny history. More nerfs to things that are good, and not enough buffs to things that aren’t. Call me crazy, but this pattern of mediocrity seems like it’s about to repeat itself again next year.[/quote] Which is why I've gone back to D1. They don't interfere anymore.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                  • this game will never be as good as the last one , its pointless to have any hopes

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                    • Edited by Viguier: 5/22/2020 1:24:09 PM
                                      I am quite sure they will soon announce that Forsaken's annual pass content will be deleted.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon