JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Knightlight: 5/22/2020 5:15:32 AM

TWAB: EPIC FAIL!

Let's look at the notes. [spoiler]Elatha FR4  The Old Fashioned  Mos Epoch III  Hawthorne's Field-Forged Shotgun  Last Hope  Timelines' Vertex  Interference VI  Dire Promise  True Prophecy  Jian 7 Rifle  Enigma's Draw  Distant Tumulus  Escape Velocity  Honor's Edge  Gnawing Hunger  Arsenic Bite-4b  Main Ingredient  Outrageous Fortune  Truthteller  Nature of the Beast  Last Perdition  Bad Omens  Night Watch  Toil and Trouble  Wishbringer  Last Dance  Lonesome  Long Shadow  Steel Sybil Z-14 [/spoiler] Half of these weapons are not that good or have been outclassed. Dire Promise is way better then dire promise, better dps and RoF. Wishbringer is shit compared to and decent shotgun, why use 2 shots instead of one? Nature of The Beast and other 180s are..just bad. 1 second ttk in the same ranges of other handcannons is just trash. They say the weapons are based on the meta. Bungie half of these are not meta at all. The reload changes are just dumb. The reason people use relaod perks is because the other perks are trash in pve. Why would you use dynamic sway reduction in pve or some other perk. You should've learned your damn lesson a year ago. Reload l+ Damage will always be the best. You really need to buff the underused perks. Don't cry about power creep because snipers got nerfed. Who would use a shotguns for dps? Fusion rifles are meh. We're already in a stale pve meta, no power creep is there. It takes a longer time then ever to kill a raid boss. Don't make it even longer. 600 autos. Bungie states this archtype is perfect. So where are those primary buffs. Where is that Scout Rifle buff? You better get the future patch notes Baked or the meta will be half-baked like the whole of season of the worthy. Some good... 110s are getting a look at. Some unpopular auto archetypes are getting looked at. But they have a lot of talk buff they never got the field goal. Back to BF2. Edit. Dire Promise is better then old fashioned
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Epic fail? Have you really looked at the difference it will make? Many weapons it will almost un-noticeable. Do I like the idea Hell No, but really not that big of a deal. So many people see another nerf and start ranting without really knowing what they are talking about." Epic Fail and Ruining the Game", No.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by SaintBallistic: 5/22/2020 2:24:41 AM
    [quote]Let's look at the notes. Dire Promise is way better then dire promise, better dps and RoF. [/quote] Can confirm. Dire promise is definitely better than dire promise.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
    • Now, after sunset the only viable weapons will be from season of dawn onward. Right now, there is only 51 legendary weapons. 51! Talk about shaking up the meta; people will only use dire promise and Felwinter’s lie, or dire promise and cqc, or Bastion and Last Hope, or Hawthorne's FFS and Tommy's Matchbook, or for PvE, Perfect Paradox (140 shottys are great for PvE), and Tommy’s Matchbook or Steelfeather Repeater and the Fourth Horseman. Compared to what we have now, that is totally wrong. Sure, a lot of people use sparebenders, but sometimes you get something different. With this spread of weapons, it will only be like 10 viable options. I know, I know they’re supposed to bring in better weapons, but most of this season's stuff has been good...for infusing up stuff from Forsaken.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • So, every season now, they will just "rotate" weapons and armor in and out. And call it "new content" For newer players, it will all be considered new anyway, and they are clinging to that for sales. Double Dipping. Continuing to sell us old stuff and call it "new content". All this sunsetting and tweaking perks, just to reintroduce it again like we're stupid.

Posting in language:

• I just like watching the game burn as I play. I think it adds spice to it.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • Aren’t they just going to sunset like half of them anyway?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Edited by NISMO: 5/23/2020 5:10:25 AM
            You’re too optimistic for 110 HC buff. Think about how slow their base reload stats are. Now all reload perks are going to be nerfed.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • I haven't played in 2 weeks (and I'm one who typically sinks at least 4 hours a day in the game). I was thinking about playing this weekend a bit but reading the TWAB just made my feelings of resentment to Bungie well up again.... so, nahhhh I think I'll skip it. On the plus side... perhaps if they drive enough players away they will HAVE to get rid of the idiots in charge of all these stupid decisions they are making. I mean you can't keep squeezing cash out of customers if you have no customers 😄

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • Edited by YosemitSam: 5/22/2020 5:22:22 AM
                I have never seen such a trainwreck as much as this entire season. At one point I use to say, it can't get any worse than this, but this company just doesn't stop with the ongoing poor decisions. I'm shocked how some still have a job that gives the phrase (job security) a whole new meaning. I want that job!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Yup it sucks, the only good thing in that twab was that gnawing hunger will be a part of this new loot pool and I'll finally be able to get it without grinding a million horrible tier 3 reckoning missions. Plus some other guns are in there that I've been wanting and unable to get so now I'll be able to get them.

Posting in language:

• Erm... 600s are getting nerfed as opposed to improving the other AR archtypes... next season will be even more so the season of the shottie

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • i dont know why you guys keep playing this game. every sandbox change is the same. they break one of your favorite toys, you get mad, threaten to leave, bungie laughs in your face, and you all continue playing like the little B-words you are. no real change is ever gonna come until you all do something about it. i’ve done my part. I quit playing this dumpster fire of a game a few months back. never been happier in my life. still occasionally check the forums for that “real change” i just mention. still very much disappointed with that lol

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Year four will probably rival year one for how bad the game was. Weapon nerfs, perk nerfs, good mods going away, sunsetting, new perks that probably aren’t as good as older perks. Balance made year 1 the worst era ever. Quit striving for balance in weapons, perks etc.... balance creates mediocrity and a horrible game. Learn from the past Bungie before you finally destroy this game with your ineptness.

Posting in language:

24 Replies
                      • Edited by Sarges24: 5/23/2020 2:02:09 AM
                        all I see is a continuance of we don't like what you choose and the perks you choose on weapons so we're blowing everything out of the water.... Again, just like last week, this continues to show the game spiraling out. The reason we lean toward Kill Clip & Rampage is because w/o them we feel like weaklings. I shouldn't need Rampage x1-2 proc'd to kill a minion in the open world. The reason we lean toward reloading perks is because the reload times are atrocious. I thought reload in Borderlands 3 was slow until I came back to D2 after playing B3 to realize D2 reload times are possibly worse. And as I've said a million times. This whole power creep excuse is a load of BS. Just make comparable weapons. But just like in the past it's Bungie not liking how players use, what perks they use, etc and trying rewrite the entire game. Mind you a great frek'n game that was absolutely fine pre Shadowkeep in the weapon balancing department. An interesting side note. They said if you're looking for a weapon from Strikes, Crucible or Gambit you better get it now. idk that I care because all this BS is really grinding my gears & everythings going to be irrelevant anyway but it's almost undoubtable that at some point I jump back in. I had finally begun working on Luna's Howl and Revoker this season. Just got past the 100 HC kills before I stopped playing 2-3 weeks ago and I've got quite a chunk done w/ Revoker. Which is one I could easily get knocked out in a night if I really hunkered down. So are they actually going to remove those quests? Or did they simply mean drops. They did mention rolls I believe in that statement as well. Just knowing Bungie it wouldn't surprise me if they straight up pulled those quests.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          Not to mention that this whole thing is going to start with them recycling content. The point of this was supposed to be to inject new exciting weapons right? Really sad to see where this is going...

Posting in language:

• You're not actually wrong by saying Dire Promise is better than dire promise because the original version actually has higher stats when compared to the newer one in collections

Posting in language:

• Maybe instead of nerfing all the reload perks they could ACTUALLY BUFF THE OTHER SHIT ONES. People feel forced to use reload perks because they are the only good perks. It's not rocket science. I was finally starting to accept weapon sunsetting and then they drop this load of shit on us saying they are nerfing reload perks and deleting a ton of weapons from the game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • If I see 1 more Steel Sybil or Moss Epoch I just dont know what i'm gonna do . . .

Posting in language:

• Why are you complaining about the world drop weapon pool? It's pretty similar to what it is now, but they're adding some new things and I guess removing some others. It's not getting worse. As for the perk balancing, I see why Bungie is nerfing reload perks, but I agree with other people that instead of nerfing reload perks they should buff other perks. I like the buffs to other perks that they mentioned. As for the future archetype changes, they were too vague for me to give decent feedback.

Posting in language:

• I swear to god that people just wake up in the morning feeling triggerd. TWAB:EPIC FAIL! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            • I'll start with the obligatory comment about Dire Promise (I see your edit, but still had to comment just because). The TWAB was not an "EPIC FAIL" and everyone is completely overreacting to most of what was said. Let's begin. I'll agree that not all of the weapons being brought into next season are meta, however, they are bringing back some that were personally on my list of ones I wanted to move forward: Long Shadow and Steel Sybil Z-14, both of which can roll with some of the best PVE perk combinations. While I'm not personally a fan of recycling the exact same weapons, these are great ones to return. Others such as Bad Omens and Outrageous Fortune can also potentially be great given the perks they come with. Next, the changes to reload perks are necessary. Remember how damage perks got significantly nerfed in Shadowkeep, but these perks continued to outclass everything else? I completely agree that even after the change, Damage/Reload perk combinations will continue to be the best for PVE, however, this will allow for more options to be viable, options such as Dynamic Sway Reduction, Pulse Monitor, and even perks like Subsistence and Overflow. Specifically Feeding Frenzy and Rapid Hit were categorically better than Outlaw which was an issue. Getting max reload for a single body shot kill is over the top. To your point of needing to buff underused perks, they are and it was mentioned in the TWAB. With the exception of the comment of Bungie saying Auto Rifles feel perfect, I like the changes they are planning to make to 600 Autos, 110 HCs, and 340 Pulses; all welcome changes.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Season 11: Season of the Dismantling.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                • If I can get a night watch without playing gambit I count that has a win Still chasing a substinence rampage roll

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                                  • "It takes a longer time then ever to kill a raid boss. Don't make it even longer." You're joking right? You can bake Riven and you can Bake the sanctified mind. Don't push false info.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • Players and Bungie should admit failure of season 11, 12 and year 4, But we can discuss how fix the game design. Bungie, let's talk us.

Posting in language:

• Buffing underused perks in order to make them more appealing when compared to reload + damage combo only ups the ante and does nothing to resolve the issue. You can't balance a game by bumping everything due to one combination being either OP or overused. This mentality leads to issues quickly spiral out of control.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                    ;
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon