JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/21/2020 9:50:29 PM

Really? Sunsetting and now completely shattering reload perks?

Are you actively trying to lynch your own game out of existence or what? Outlaw is the main perk because, you guessed it, IT'S THE ONLY GOOD ONE. You refuse to keep putting new perks into the game to make random rolls interesting and instead nerf the everlivingsh1t out of everything to make "power creep" (that doesnt exist anyway) go away. This entire bloody company has turned into a laughingstock that no longer has any regard for their players. Rapid Hit was completely balanced because on weapons like Ancient Gospel, hitting all 5 shots before the timer resets (aka you miss one shot it's all reset) was a skill gap compared to outlaw. This nerf is just purely for the pulse rifles and auto rifles that have RH because you can shoot 2 bursts and get to x5 (aka the ONLY reason why Sacred Provenance was good). Feeding Frenzy being nerfed into the ground also just killed any aspect of me wanting to use my Old Fashioned anymore as well. Sure, I can get 4 kills, but why in the hell would I reload later than sooner if I don't have Kill Clip up yet? That neuters the damage output of Old Fashioned and so many other FF KC weapons that it hurts. Stop killing your game by removing the fun. THERE IS NO POWER CREEP. Get your heads out of your arses and start HEARING WHAT WE'RE SAYING.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Lol. Completely shattering. All reload perks will still make you reload like you have 100 reload speed.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

13 Replies
    • Bet 100000 glimmer war rigs , Ophidian aspect, hunters dodge, transverses step and anything that helps reloading will get needed next becuase they will be used to much

Posting in language:

• They slightly tweak reload perks, and suddenly they're unusable? "Shattered" yeah, ok crybaby.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
      • You're overreacting.

Posting in language:

• The funny thing is that these changes accomplish nothing constructive in PvE. Reload + Damage buffs will still be the most desired perk rolls. All this nerf does is arbitrarily force more downtime for no good reason. For PvP, admittedly, the buffed Dynamic Sway Reduction could make certain guns even nastier.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • If bungie listened to their playerbase, this would be a horrible game, an atrocity never before seen in the world of gaming. Same goes for any other game in existence.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • The actual reload perks were barely touched. Stop crying for no reason.

Posting in language:

• Sounds like Hunter and Titan problems *put on Transversives and runs in circles*

Posting in language:

9 Replies
            • Edited by lCertifiedl: 5/22/2020 9:01:39 PM
              So they know the community is proper annoyed at the moment with the current state on the game and the announce the are nerfing most for the best perks. People still have faith this ships going turn around right? Absolutely delusional. This ain't going change anytime soon.

Posting in language:

• lol! They CAN’T kill this game. They’ve been trying, but the captives keep reviving it with mouth to mouth resuscitation. Half kidding, because I honestly believe that there are people that would play this game another 10 years even if Bungie never updated it again.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Hit Bungie where it hurts them; their pockets! The game isn’t fun anymore. They want you to play how they want you to play and not how you want to play. People post negative things, but keep playing! Come on now.

Posting in language:

• Edited by RPColten: 5/22/2020 10:29:35 PM
                Remember to breathe. Let's unpack it. [quote]Outlaw – Slowed this down a little bit. Reload stat from +100 to +50. Reload Duration Scale from 0.8 to 0.9.[/quote] Outlaw is essentially the basic reload-boost perk. Get precision kill, obtain quick reloads. On and off. This nerf tones it down [i]slightly[/i] and I do mean slightly. Yes 100 to 50 is a big chunk of points, but the vast majority of weapons would essentially be realistically unchanged in terms of reload speed pre and post Outlaw nerf. Weapons will now be at the high 80-low 90 range for reload stat as opposed to 100 (You can't go past 100). Slowed down a little bit? Yeah, basically just 'a little bit'. Definitely not a massive nerf. I'd bet that most people won't notice the Outlaw nerf. I realize it's somewhat a cherry pick, but here's an example. The Last Wish curated hand cannon [armory]Nation of Beasts[/armory] has a reload stat of 60/100. It has Outlaw+Dragonfly. Current Outlaw puts the reload at 100/100, and duration scale of 0.8 (Animation speed multiplier). Post-nerf Outlaw will put the reload stat at 100/100 and the duration scale at 0.9. Basically: The animation will be barely perceptibly slower, but functionally the same. [quote]Feeding Frenzy – This was strictly better than Outlaw, so we’re changing functionality to be based on number of rapid kills. Functionality changed to increase reload speed based on number of rapid kills, up to 5. With 2 kills, reload speed is equal to updated Outlaw. With 3+ kills, is faster than Outlaw. With 4+ kills, is the fastest reload in the game (except Alloy Mag). Max possible reload duration scale from 0.83 to 0.8. Max possible reload stat unchanged at +100.[/quote] Scaling it to function on a number of kills I would argue is a smart balancing decision. It was in fact just an entirely superior version of Outlaw, granting the same benefits for less input. This honestly just makes sense and it's how it should have worked to begin with. I took a cursory glance at weapons that can/have Feeding Frenzy and compared base reload numerical stats to the outlined boosted potential, and found that with two kills (+50) you'd be at or near the reload cap. 3 or 4 kills would cap any weapon in the game. [quote]Rapid Hit – Gave a huge amount of reload and stability for very little work, front-loaded onto the first precision hit. We have updated it so that it still feels good, but isn’t quite as powerful. Adjusted stacking bonus to give less benefit for the first hit and more with subsequent hits. Max possible reload stat from +100 to +60. Max possible reload duration scale from 0.8 to 0.925. Max possible stability stat from +50 to +25.[/quote] This one is definitely more of a nerf due to the duration scale and stability decrease, [i]but (Devil's Advocate incoming)[/i], it only required [i]precision hits[/i] as opposed to kills. A skill perk? Eh, maybe on an auto, but I can see the logic in having a perk that functions based on hits not provide as significant a benefit compared to perks that require kills (Magnificent Howl ring a bell?). The rest aren't as important I feel. This also doesn't take into consideration [i]armour mods[/i] that boost reload speeds, which stack of course, so realistically if a player cares they can and will still easily have near maximum reload speeds. Yeah this TWAB had nerfs to reload perks, in a time when it seems those are the only perks worth chasing, but I don't think it's as bad as it seems.

Posting in language:

• Remember: bad things come in threes.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • We are getting to the point were I wouldn't be surprised if they announced they are going back to double primaries.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Wait, why are reload perks getting nerfed?? If anything, I'll just use auto loading holster

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • There are other decent perks in the game that work that aren't a reload perk. However, people don't care cause "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH DPS!!!" increase. Yes, reloading increases your DPS, its called less time reloading and more time shooting. All that people care about on weapon perks is DPS increases, and it limits viable perks to either DPS increase, or DPS increase. No one will care about any other perk.

Posting in language:

• The nerf will barely do anything. Most weapons will still hit the reload cap and those that font will be very close to the reload cap.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • I'm bummed that I had 2 outlast pulse rifles, 1 outlaw/snapshot and 1 feeding frenzy/snapshot and I recently dismantled the outlaw roll for vault space, now the outlaw roll would've been better. Thanks Bungie

Posting in language:

• Wait, they’re fussing with the reload perks now?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Stupid decisions constantly

Posting in language:

• OMG right? Bungie are working very hard to enrage their entire player base.

Posting in language:

• Name some interesting and fun perk combos besides reload and damage perks? I’ll start... um... ....

Posting in language:

18 Replies
                          • Outlaw is barely getting nerfed, if the weapon's reload stat is 49 or under, there will be a slight decrease in reload speed. Outlaw used to max out reload speed, now it just adds +50.

Posting in language:

• What's more amazing is that they can nerf everything into the ground, and the owner will STILL make millions from Eververse. 'Murica!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              StevoEvo
                              StevoEvo

Just come back with a good story, y’hear - old

How is anything getting nerfed into the ground?! Did you read the TWAB? With all the enhanced loader mods for gear, I have no problems not running a single loader perk on my weapon so that I can focus on other things. I’m glad to see them add more perks and tweet olde ones.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dante: 5/21/2020 11:11:02 PM
                              nvm.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon