JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by UberPrimus: 3/26/2020 12:25:05 AM

Overload Captains

So we have these neat mods for overload champions that work well except for one clear issue. Overload Captains. I try dumping a whole clip from my smg into them but they teleport before the debuff can take place. So I thought the sword mod has to work better. I thought wrong. You have to land consecutive strikes with the sword for it to work but they again teleport out of range after one melee. I have to solo super them almost every time clearing a bunker. I think you should rethink their teleport. I timed one captain. It teleported 12 times in a 60 second span. This can't be working as intended.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• They go down in a few seconds. Step 1. Equip a sword Step 2. Collect loot.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Not as bad as the unstoppable ogre

Posting in language:

• [quote]I timed one captain. It teleported 12 times in a 60 second span.[/quote]It doesn't take five seconds to proc overload.

Posting in language:

• You guys are trash, I finally did one to see what the fuss is all about and I solo’d it without dying while 13 light levels under the recommended.

Posting in language:

• My only issue is half the time the captain's glitch and their able to shoot you while stunned.

Posting in language:

• God I wish the bunker wasnt on the moon, they are the most annoying lost sectors going, you cant skip passed anything on the fallen LS, you have to stay and kill EVERYTHING!!!!

Posting in language:

• You might give it a try with a Trust with Overload and a sword. Get the trust to proc, pop him in the nose and then rapid, light attacks with the Sword until he's gone. I was going to suggest the Arc grenade mod but I saw you don't want that on the Hunter. Understandable enough. :) Sometimes I'll light them up with the nade and then swat them with the sword but if the nade misses (I've had them teleport plenty of times just as I throw the nade)... Trust gets them stunned pretty good. You do have to be close enough to jump on them with the sword pretty quick though.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Double sword finder, double sword reserves, double sword scavenger, relentless blade, and whirlwind and just keep spamming light attack around the entire room and you’ll be fine. This is the way for this season, at least in PvE. Swords are completely amazing this season.

Posting in language:

• I can’t tell you how much I hate overload captains. I keep getting stuck with two at a time- they kill you before you can get close with a sword, and teleport too often to trigger the stupid rounds. Consistently the longest and most frustrating part of every bunker/lost sector- and I’m over 1000

Posting in language:

• Warmind cell explosions work best.

Posting in language:

• I genuinely don’t get the issue with overload captains.

Posting in language:

• While they do teleport a lot they can definitely be taken out. Seems like u are letting ur frustration get the better of u.

Posting in language:

• While on the topic of overload champions, would it be too much to ask for if the heavy attack of a sword procced the disruptor mod instantly? 3 light attacks are way too slow to make them stop

Posting in language:

• The whole focus on so called champions and the Artifact is hateful. Workaround tip for this garbage: use explosive or timed payload with mod. One shots their ability.

Posting in language:

• From what I tested, swords & handcannons are best for overload rounds. SMGs and Autos are a joke because of the tight windows while you're better off using antibarrier for sidearms.

Posting in language:

• Yesterday on Youtube i found out why they made this Bullet-Sponges ... Equip the Mod from the Artifact that lets Weapons and Abilities drop Warmind Spheres. These big red Ballons , once they spawned by your Weapon OR Ability , you shoot instead of the Champ ! Once you shot it a few times it goes BOOOM ! And i mean really BOOOM with a capital B. IF Bungie had some kind of Intelligence they had Introduced the Mechanic Freeman-Style ... like in Half-Life ... at the start of the Season by randomly dropping in the Tower Event (ok , that would have failed because no one played it after a few tries ... but MAYBE with those random ATOMIC explosions they would have been fun from the START !). So now i found out that with that Build ... i have to thank the Creator of that Content really ... im a Warlock PVE Murdering Machine ... LEGENDARY Lost Sector ? You mean smoking crater of my awesomeness. Dont get me wrong ... the Bounty Season 10 as of now is terrible ... but i found at least now a fun thing to do. Shoot liitttle Red Balls of CABLOOMIE !

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Tried yesterday with the two Overload captains.... gave up, can't be bothered. What a waste of time! Absolutely infuriating game design. I was wrong to buy the season pass... another huge waste of money where only Bungie benefits. Even the armor is fugly this season.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • For those that have it, Divinity is definitely the best option, but they still suck. In today's legendary lost sector, there are 4 overload captains and 1 barrier servitor. At one point, you are fighting two of the captains with a barrier servitor, and they are apparently into threesomes, because they do not separate by much. Not much fun dealing with 3 champions at one time.

Posting in language:

• Divinity

Posting in language:

• Edited by Auronio: 3/27/2020 10:07:48 AM
          The sword mod from the artifact, don't know what it's named in English - disruptive blade? - works exceptionally well on these b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • I do it solo, just kept killing first champ then run thru to kill boss and his champ, easiest way to get bounty done, saves trying to kill those two champs, admittedly is a drag to do 6 times but something to do during this lockdown

Posting in language:

• only weapon that actually works against these PoS is divinity.

Posting in language:

• Agree they are absolute -blam!-wits

Posting in language:

• absolutely garbage this mechanic. in yesterdays legendary lost sector, the overload captains where teleporting across the map, back and forth. I am not exaggerating, that big circle of a arena for the servitor... literally teleporting around the edges way out of sight and range. Busted.

Posting in language:

• The captains aren’t the problem it’s the way overload rounds work on autos and smgs. They give a single random shot that is overload in a magazine which often doesn’t trigger. I suggest the hand cannon mod because it gives you several seconds of overload round which is more consistent.

Posting in language:

• [quote] This can't be working as intended.[/quote] You underestimate Bungie.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon