JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/25/2020 11:57:35 PM

Feedback on Season of the Worthy

Here’s the score right out of the gate. 5/10 PVE content 8/10 PVP Content PVE As of now, the seraph towers are very nice. Could do with some more work with rewarding and giving incentives to grind it, but it’s over all an average event. Defend plates and toss balls into glowing red ball, repeat til 100% then kill the 2 champions you summoning Bob. Bob is the heavy frame. Legendary Lost Sectors could have had some more interesting rewards tied to them, like lost secret specific armor loot. Otherwise, it’s just a normal lost sector with champions and what have you. Due to the lack of interesting incentives to grind them out, I give these two things a 5/10. Average. PVP Trials returns to us once more, back from D1. Only difference is that it’s faster and is voiced by Saint. I’m sure people are made moist by the idea of having Saint be your personal cheerleader as you go flawless, but to me it’s just high stakes high reward crucible. I will not undersell trials, but it feels like this season was more focused on trials with the PVE content being a secondary deal. 8/10, Above average with expert execution. Exotics Now comes the pain train. If you don’t read from here on, that’s alright. Now for our exotic reinforcement. Titans got citans, something that will take time to adjust to but can be put into some crazy situations. Warlocks got Felwinters Helm, an exotic I initially wrote off as a gimmick and useless in PVE and PVP. I was wrong. It is dangerously good in the right hands, but a waste in all others. Hunters got an exotic that was disabled day 1. They got shafted (Hue hue funny pun). 6/10 Exotic reinforcement. Rituals 2/10. We got the bow that was Supposed to come last season. Otherwise, we did not get our seasonal reason to grind. So yeah. Flop. With the lack of rituals and how easy it is to max out bunkers in the span of 1 week, Guardian Games will have ALOT to carry on its shoulders. This season has shaped up to being easily the fastest to full clear by even the most casual players. I hope that the guardian games brings us something worth grinding for, or else we will just see a hunter victory. I am almost certain that the Guardian games will just be Bungie aiming the nerf bat at the winner anyhow. Total Score for Season of the Worthy as of now. 4/10, Below Average

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• PvP 8/10? Your standards are very low dude. Also, trials isn't part of the season, it's free

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • I have no clear goal this season. The bunkers don't do much for me and they can be confusing some. I don't have friends so Trials is a no for me. I enjoy iron banner but can't until that stupid quest is done. Weapons don't impress me. Most of year one weapons with now random perks. The exotics don't feel that exotic. Matter of fact the most used exotic is a reskin from D1. So bored with this game and I haven't done much this season. So glad I didn't have to spend money on this season's pass.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Haunter: 3/26/2020 9:06:33 PM
      Heres mine: 3/10 PVE content 4/10 PVP Content 4/10 Exotics 0/10 Rituals 2/10 Season Pve - garbage event where we throw balls at goal (basically forges) then kill 2 champions just to level up an obelisk - I mean rasputin core. Legendary lost sectors suck as anyone could have predicted, tossing some champions into a bland 5 minute clear the room activity does not make it any more thrilling. The only reason this seasons pve isnt at 0 is because the upcoming grandmaster nightfalls sound interesting. No new strikes, no vendor refresh (other then eververse that is), no new dungeon, no new raid, no new whisper/zero hour type mission, nothing good whatsoever. Pvp - trials is back and is the only thing currently holding the season up - however there are no new weapons or armor, they waited 2 years to bring back d1 stuff and even then decided not to bring back the jewel, messenger or lmg for some reason plus theres no adept gear or permanent flawless ornaments. Sbmm is still in every playlist but 1 hidden in a corner and the current meta is spray weapons with as low a skill gap as any we've seen. Exotics - The warlock one sucks frankly, the titan one is only good for very niche content or when facing players that domt know what it does, the hunter ones sounds promising which is why I gave exotics a 4. Ritual - a ritual weapon they cut from dawn so they could be as lazy as possible and which is only good for the shards it gives you when dismantling it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • i used to love to play pve, especially with sword, relic and worldline skating. it added a lot of replayability to else stale content as you were able to experiment around a lot. now pve is just the weekly chore and once the content i paid for is over im gone from the game entirely. bungie has proven time and time again that they cant meet the potential the game has and almost always goes with the money grab route, very frustrating and im not looking to support that any further.

Posting in language:

• The new mods are too OP and need a nerf imo

Posting in language:

• When you think about it costing 10€ though. Man I've saved 30€ by not playing Destiny currently, Borderlands 3 dropped on Steam at 30€, and if I compare the amount of gameplay I get out of the three seasons combined and Borderlands 3. Yeah uh, no. While I do understand that it's an unfair comparison, it still shows that there are far better options to use money right now than Destiny 2, and with funding Destiny 2 you'll just end up funding microtransactions and anti-consumer designs like weapon shelf life. So yeah.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Edited by Demon Sicario: 3/26/2020 3:46:00 PM
          PvE Content: 1/10 - Grindy Grindy Grindy Broken Boring Bolloxs (the only thing I like is how the Seraph Towers could be an early blueprint for better general Public Events) ...oh and the slide of death 😆 PvP: 2/10 - (Trials - Free) Just a resurrected half hearted attempt at winning back the Streamers ....poor loot, weird reward system & a daft ranking system that allows gatekeeper tactics & bonkers matchmaking (eg: 1st time teams end up fighting 16x flawless etc on 4th match) Worthy is Worthless even Curse of Osiris had more to do (Campaign, New Strikes, Adventures & Osiris Weapons etc)

Posting in language:

• Edited by fuhd79: 3/26/2020 3:30:20 PM
          Awesome review! I may not agree with everything but that doesn't matter. It is well thought out, fair and not emotional lol. Ignore anyone who might try to dismiss it because it doesn't match up to their own feelings, they either lack the vocabulary or the intelligence to express themselves properly ;)

Posting in language:

• That's a generous score.

Posting in language:

• Your review 0/1000

Posting in language:

• I would give it a lower score, much lower... I have not set foot in Trials, but given that D2 is peer to peer (D1 had 1 console as host, only they could grab your IP Address) and exposes your IP address to everyone in the game, IP exploits will run rampant. Bungle has done nothing to solve this. And let's not forget, Trials WAS in D2 at the start before they pulled the plug. So bringing back what we had before, doesn't get them any positive score. All the PvE is one and done. The Legendary Lost Sectors were minimal effort and zero enjoyment. I'm doing them for the Triumphs and that's it. Same for the Seraph Towers, which are just as minimal in fun as the content you get for them. Weapons so far are just mediocre. It's such a blah season. I just can not see anyone justifying the $14 Canadian this cost - they did not even bother to put in the effort.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            Ikari
            Ikari

Confused and Scared - old

That’s way too generous.

Posting in language:

• I’m still trying to find the new PvE content, I don’t mind it but lost sectors and public events isn’t what I had in mind. I just hope there’s a siva outbreak on the second half of the season

Posting in language:

• So as a hunter main, you'd advise us to throw every match at the guardian games?

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon