JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/25/2020 7:27:41 PM

Why is the IB quest still a thing?

If no one likes it and everyone has a good argument against it why is it still a thing? This is why the community becomes frustrated with bungie and feel not listened to.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Not playing IB just because of this quest is BS .. should be just like before you play earn spend tokens, why t.f is a quest now...

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The quest is lame and having to repeat it in multiple seasons on multiple characters is gross. It is disappointing that you have to do this in order to use IB tokens. Also, while working on this quest, at times I focused on getting weapon kills rather than completing objectives and capturing / defending zones. Felt bad for teammates trying to win, but oh well. Bad game design Bungie.

Posting in language:

I don't mind the quest. I just don't like doing it step by step. I should be able to work on all steps at once.

Posting in language:

• Used to be top 1% in IB, then Luke Smith told me to go play CoD.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • If you remember back we used to get drops from playing and we had weekly and daily bounties. I used to play a lot on all three characters, level up everything in my vault. I've played about 5 matches this week. D2 PVP is so broken on console.

Posting in language:

• I find ironic really they buff auto rifles ( over buff Hardlight and suros) then dump a badly thought out quest that wants us to use weapons that also received some sort of nerf or changes imo it looks like that's their way of testing whether or not the auto rifle buff will cause problems instead of actually testing before release. Smgs if I'm correct received a change or two making them using to fight back against Shotgun pansies, fusion rifles the same

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Edited by KlLLShoT81: 3/26/2020 11:06:41 PM
        Stupid quest, most of us have been playing this game for years so making us use certain weapons won't change what loadouts we prefer. Same thing with the barrier mods only being on pea shooters this season. They're already going to retire certain weapons anyway so stop making people run wack archetypes to use certain mods or finish your pointless Iron Banner quest. I shouldn't have to be cemented to my couch for days just to turn in my Banner tokens. I'll probably dismantle everything I get anyway, it's a waste of time.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Forces a certain amount of playtime in pvp to justify pvp

Posting in language:

• It's a thing because they make people use things other then the meta. It makes it so even bad players can get kills on people not using what they like. So it keeps the games less sweaty id assume. For instance that person that is on the bow step, they will most likely get farmed by even the worse player. Or that person that hates using smg.. They will get farmed probably. Keeping the games going and good most of the time for more players. I'd have no clue how they could get the same effect by taking it out. But hopefully something changes

Posting in language:

• No free handouts 👍

Posting in language:

• I just hate how it completely holds your engrams hostage. The armor and bow I can understand being locked behind the quest, but if I want to turn in leftover tokens for materials or for decent weapon rolls then just let me do so.

Posting in language:

• Edited by dougisjericho: 3/26/2020 8:10:51 PM
          I just hate it because i actually like playing control. The right way. The quest forces you to ape using weapons you may not like, ruining the flow of the game. Its just.....pointless.

Posting in language:

• Fact. I'm only playing the quest so I can cash in my bloody tokens. Locking engram drops behind a quest is stupid.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • I actually liked it a decent bit. Was fun to try out new weapons and I found that I actually really enjoy using fusion rifles and got a great roll on some Wizened Rebukes

Posting in language:

• IB needs to be removed and reworked

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • I don’t mind it, I just think it’s a bit stupid that we can’t turn in packages until it’s completed

Posting in language:

• They listened. The quest has become way easier. Just complaining to complain.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • They don't want us to have fun or like it, only explanation I can come up with, otherwise makes no sense whatsoever

Posting in language:

• Just wish they’d bring back the set weapon and armor for the week. Used to be guaranteed a decent weapon and armor piece if you hit rank 5 and now I can’t even cash in my tokens because I haven’t completed the quest.

Posting in language:

• It's because "Thinking is Hard.. And Luke "Throw your Silver at My Screen" Smith has been out of ideas since before ShadowKeep. And still upper management puts him in charge...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Iron Banner has become so irrelevant. I remember back in Dark Below when Iron Banner was in town, everything was put on hold so people could grind it. Now, you play for a day and a half to get the quest done, then you never even have to touch it until next Season.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • at the very least make it account wide so i dont have to do it on all 3 characters to turn tokens in

Posting in language:

• No one? I like it... No rng, I get all my pieces in the exact order, all high stat level. Great if you ask me. Get to playing instead of whinning.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • IB quest is full blown solid proof to me that Bungie does not give a damn for their playerbase. I don't know a SINGLE player that actually likes the quest.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • It wouldn't be such a problem if the servers weren't extra craptastic atm, the artifact bug defeating the PL advantage, and some of the weapon choices being illogical. Is it doable? Yes. Is it annoying getting bow kills when you're being spammed on primarily by auto rifles? Had a 957 take 4 arrows to the head from a 993 trinity ghoul, and he didn't die. <.< I literally saw my arrows sticking out of his head.

Posting in language:

• To be fair it's really easy to do But I get the frustration. I don't like to play the way they want us to play

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon