JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/25/2020 6:34:23 PM

Please Rebuff Snipers

We asked for it to be buffed. Then it got buffed. Then nerfed. Now youre asking if we wanted it to be buffed again? YES, please buff it back. It was a reliable weapon to shut down many supers. If you want us to use more shotguns in PvE, please do somthing about the stomp mechanics.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Buff in pve, nerf in pvp

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • I don't think snipers should be allowed in crucible. They show no skill and are very annoying to play against. I think they need another nerf

Posting in language:

41 Replies
        BB8myASTEROIDS
        BB8myASTEROIDS

Single looking to mingle - old

They didn’t even receive a nerf hardly 😂

Posting in language:

• Not all snipers should be able to kill off supers, I think that’s fine. I think snipers can be buffed back up a little in PVE, but more than anything it comes down to making encounters that don’t cater to snipers and buffing other weapons in PVE

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Okay buff snipers but give them more flinch its sad that I get first shots and hammer almost every sniper I face and they still headshot me not to mention how unflinching works its absurd

Posting in language:

• The only thing that needed to be changed was Izanagi's Burden. Typical of Bungie nerf Snipers but not buff anything else---not even Shotguns. They want to promote more CQC but come up with more crap to only force players to fight from farther ranges.

Posting in language:

• Snipers are more of a problem on PC. They need something that will tone down the quick kills. Revoker and Beloved need a serious reduction in aim assist, beloved esp. Revoker needs a rework in general though. I created a post for rework ideas here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/255497511?sort=0&page=0 They could introduce a descope mechanic that triggers on some damage threshold. On top of that, add minor sway based on effective range of the weapon to PC.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • I agree, they nerfed snipers in pve because they don't want us sitting back and dpsing bosses. Well we can't use shotguns and swords because their stupid overused Stomp mechanic. Grenade launchers and rockets already got nerfed. What the hell else.

Posting in language:

• Yes...but no....but yes....

Posting in language:

• I'm pretty sure he means we want a buff back in PvE but most of the morons in this section are whining about PvP. Yeah he made the off hand comments t about taking out supers but snipers were -blam!-ed in PvE and it was dumb to nerf them like this

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • I’m more on the camp of nerfing boss stomp. I already got -blam!- at for using 1K in a raid (even though I outdamaged everyone on the team except for one guy) I’d like to be able to use it without getting yelled at to put on Izanagi’s. I’ve used it enough. I’m happy to put it down. Whisper is another story. Still have more fun on 1K though.

Posting in language:

• You mean nerf? Right now they have big hitboxes and no flinch. They need to be nerf kid.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • Got a sniper called the head splosion in Borderlands 3 yesterday, it's ridiculous. All gearbox has done recently is buff underperforming weapons, I honestly dont know why I wasted so much time on Destiny.

Posting in language:

16 Replies
                • Just look at the number of re tards that don't even know snipers do different damage in pvp and pve, lol if you can't do a single raid and struggle to finish a 750 strike, might as well come ask bungie to nerf something you don't have about something you don't know

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • [quote]We asked for it to be buffed. Then it got buffed. Then nerfed. Now youre asking if we wanted it to be buffed again? YES, please buff it back. It was a reliable weapon to shut down many supers. If you want us to use more shotguns in PvE, please do somthing about the stomp mechanics.[/quote] Okay I'm going to say this as avid sniper. In PVP, no it does not need to be rebuffed. I have three very awesome snipers I am in love with: beloved with snapshot and moving target, the long goodbye with firmly planted dragonfly, and a tatara gaze with quick draw and kill clip. The first two I use much more than the third because they could do absolutely what the third should be useful for: shutting down supers. now, I find myself leaning more towards using the higher impact rather than the adaptive frame. I think that the with the adaptive frame and the rapid fire frame as they were it gave no reason to use any high impacts at all and made them a rather safe choice to use. Like I could double body with the twilight of no problem. Or I could shut down a super with my beloved instantly. There needs to be some drawbacks in which sniper you choose. And I think that was a good route to go. I actually think the flinch can be a little bit more, because I have landed some stupid shots even after getting hit. Now PVE? Maybe. I haven't seen much issue with it but that's me.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • The changes to snipers in PVP was done pretty well, it makes each archetype of sniper useful for a different purpose. I would like to see more flinch in PVP, but that's just me. For PVE, the problem is that they are too easy to use. This season, there are actually a number of other viable DPS options which makes the game more interesting. One think that I think could help is to reduce sniper base damage by another 20%, but increase crit damage by 30-40% for a net increase of 10%-20% as long as you hit your crits. Since snipers are the safest option, meaning little to no risk of being attacked by bosses, there needs to be a risk/reward in terms of accuracy.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                      • *Bungie Nerfs Snipers* Me: Okay I'll play your little close range game. *Equips Anarchy and god roll perfect paradox. (8 rounds, demolitionist, trench barrel)* *Rushes boss and lays down a sick trap of Anarchy mines.* *Swaps to PP and a quick melee to proc the Trench Barrel* STOMP *Flies across map.* Ghost: Guardian Down.... Well this is fun.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • Use a high impact if you want to one shot a super. Adaptive frames should be better than high impacts in every way. Different archetypes have different strengths and weaknesses now.

Posting in language:

• Snipers need more zoom and flinch. I consistently get sniped at 15m while jumping and shooting. That's not their intended range. Fusions got nerfed because they were killing out of their intended range.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                          • Nah. If anything, they need to be hit harder. More flinch.

Posting in language:

• Add de-scope on hit. Thanks, bye.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • Nope! Snipers are the biggest safety weapon in D2. Constantly have people camping and hard scoping all the time . Takes no skill and you are not playing the game . Adapt

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                              • After 6 months of nothing but spare rations, mindbenders ambition, and revoker its about time they were useless. Deal with it and let us AR users have some time in the spotlight. Weve been waiting since vanilla d2. Its about damn time

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                                • On pvp? Nope, on pve? Sure why not. Im sorry but snipers were too easy and extremely forgiving at shutting down supers. It makes sense for a sniper like revoker because its the slowest rate of fire of its class but the faster fire snipers should not be able to one shot supers. Its too easy to miss a shot or simply double tap, the sniper nerf was needed. Players were using faster fire snipers like 2 tap scouts, it was extremely unfair. Snipers are supposed to reward precision, not body shot ez kills. As for the supers, it was becoming impossible to use any supers on pvp. As soon as you use super and go around a corner there were 6 red lights ready to melt you. If you used whatever mobility and flank in your possession while using super, players were simply spamming sniper shots to melt you and all of that without having to aim for your head. So no, snipers do not need a pvp buff however I don’t mind pve because pve is where a player should feel like real gods.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                                  • My vote goes to buff them for PvE. The nerf applying to PvE makes no sense.

Posting in language:

• Buff in PVE bring back the damage numbers keep izanagis as it but give it a cap on reload speed not completely neuter it to being unusable, in pvp make it to where if you take flinch its damn hard to make a shot, not turn the bullets into a head magnet and tone down the aim assist

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon