JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
3/24/2020 10:31:19 AM

Getting really tired of this Peer to Peer crap

Hit registration issues. Players not showing up til after they kill me. Players not showing up on radar. Zero weapon damage. The list goes on. All because someone lives in another country? Or has crappy internet? You know D1 had its lag issues, no doubt about it. But the issues I encounter in D2 are getting worse after each season. Its like the system is unraveling and the only ones who don't have any issue can drop a good couple hundred on better internet connections for their Youtube channel. Face it Bungie: you guys really screwed the pooch when you decided to go cheap on your PvP system.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• People let Bungie know about the problems with P2P in PvP during D1. Players [i]strongly[/i] suggested that the upcoming sequel have dedicated servers to alleviate these problems. I wouldn't be surprised if D3 will feature P2P for the crucible as well.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

24 Replies
    • It's a absolute joke how in 2020 there is still a AAA game useing a peer to peer network system. The game is fundamentaly broken... The desync in this game is next level and bungie just ignores the problem like It hasn't been there for 6 YEARS! Only way something might get done is if the community comes together and makes so much noise that bungie can't ignore it for another 6 years. But I just can't see that happening..

Posting in language:

13 Replies
      • At least region lock is needed for PVP. Come on Bungie...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Pvp is sooooooo laggy. Constant lag every match.

Posting in language:

• Their reasoning is so you don't experience self rubberbanding. On some fps shooters or online games with dedicated servers you can experience this. Bungie also uses something like a dedicated server I believe. Cloud based... maybe??... or something like that, I don't remember exactly atm. It's why you don't have loading screens on planets when you move from one area to another on your sparrow. It appears seamless. And to a degree it is. Now on the other hand... Is there be a way to improve the experience and lessen problems? Absolutely...It just depends on whether they want spend the resources on it or not. They're gonna have to know there's gonna be a bunch of money in it guaranteed for it to happen tho. And If the player base just abandons Destiny, the game will just shut down. Bungie is already working on being another publisher like Activision so it's just another mark in the portfolio. No major loss on their end, just ours.

Posting in language:

• Not sure if this is related to the horrible laggy p2p servers or if it's a glitch or maybe a combination of the 2 but in gambit lots of times invaders will be invisible until they kill you. Screen turns reddish, you hear the drifter say the enemy is invading you look everywhere but see nothing, nothing is on the radar. Invaders are really easy to see but you can't see them at all until you die and then they literally materialize right in front of you.

Posting in language:

• I noticed that playing trials last weekend that the enemies weren't showing up on my radar and I would randomly start flashing red then die without the sound of getting hit or shot at.

Posting in language:

• It's only taken you 6 years to realize this?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
          • I got sniped through the center of a wall. I saw the smoke trail from the bullet, straight through the wall

Posting in language:

• Welcome to Force to free 2 play

Posting in language:

• i legit just put something up about the pvp like i used to be able to play 6v6 but now im unable to cause of how laggy it is and its 100% not me as all other games work fine and im on fibre and wired connection i dont see how with all the money we have given them they cant set up dedicated servers

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Pair to pair and skill based matchmaking is what kills pvp for me.

Posting in language:

• Bungie and it's defenders of this system will just say to check your connection or change some of the settings in your router which never fixes the problems. In all of the other online games I've played and still currently playing I can't even remember lagging or having any of the constant problems that happens on the pvp side of destiny 2. The only other game I can think of recently that uses peer 2 peer connections was for honor and at least Ubisoft was smart enough to switch that game to dedicated servers after all the connection problems that game had as well.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • Got shot through a wall and caused us to lose the game. Awesome.

Posting in language:

• AMEN!

Posting in language:

• Edited by One: 3/25/2020 4:15:44 AM
                But they're listening! [spoiler]At least, that's what they're saying. If Bungie can't do it for Destiny 2 before Destiny 3 comes out, I'm wholly expecting Destiny 3 to come shipped with dedicated and region-specific servers. These two kinds of servers seem like a base foundation for any MMO-like game out there. Bungie touts the Destiny franchise as an MMO-like game, so they should be doing at least the bare minimum of the genre and implementing these kinds of servers. Hell, even games like ARK have these types of servers for their official servers after people kept complaining about it for the first 2 months of early access. Edit: Runescape has been doing region-specific servers since it was Runescape Classic. Runescape Classic isn't a thing anymore because of OS Runescape and Runescape 3, but even then, if it was possible 19 years ago in 2001, Bungie shouldn't have a problem with it now in 2020.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• I played IB for a while last night. The inconsistencies in the connections are ridiculous. Having 1 gb att fiber doesn’t make a bit of difference with these garbage peer to peer connections.

Posting in language:

• Yeah idk what it is. D2 pre-Shadowkeep was pretty stable and I only occasionally encountered lag or error codes. And yes, it does seem that with each passing season it gets worse. It's absolutely terrible now, taking 5 minutes to find an Iron Banner game. Like HOW?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Improve your internet and issues go away. Simple as that. No one else's fault but your own

Posting in language:

32 Replies
                  • Have you considered quitting this game? Its not a healthy hobby at all.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • The lag is definitely Bungie anyone saying its everyone else internet is wrong. I never have any issues except while playing destiny 2. Crucible lag has gotten even worse this season and all the players that get kicked in comp soon as the game starts is insane. Everyday I see someone kicked either our team or the other. Hear people say it's the anti cheat system bungie is using that is causing people to be kicked and get error codes. Fix your game Bungie.

Posting in language:

• *hits cigar* I stabbed a Titan 6 times and shot him in Control... *exhales smoke* He looked at me an killed me with one punch.

Posting in language:

• Pair to pair in a game like this is like making a sandwich with moldy bread... You can eat it its just not optimal

Posting in language:

• Forcing people to play activities for the only season ritual weapon is nothing but bully tatics Ya know what they say about bullies. Once a bully always a bully

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Pvp just needs to be removed from Destiny in general

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • Bump! I get 500/500 on fiber and still get way too many lag related issues with this game for a connection with that kinda speed. It's almost like I'm playing against Chinese players. [spoiler]This p2p nonsense is as bad as the beer flu[/spoiler] [spoiler]beer flu=rona[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon