JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/13/2020 3:33:01 PM

For the millionth time… Let enhancement prisms and ascendant shards also drop in ‘Destiny 2: The Game’ and not just ‘Nightfall: The Repeat’

I still cannot believe Bungie wants us to play the same nightfall over, and over, and over, and over again for the only two materials in this game that are actually worth it. Let them drop in Raids, from completing Iron Banner bounties, rank levels, rank resets, small drop chance after matches or strikes, earning titles. But also super rare drops from adventures, planetary chests or public events. Whatever. INCLUDE Destiny 2 for players to earn enhancement prisms and ascendant shards and not just Nightfall: The Repeat. That way THIS WHOLE GAME would be exciting to play. Excluding the most important materials from 95% of the game is one of the weirdest decisions you can make. What if gunsmith materials could only be earned from crucible matches? Or enhancement cores only from strikes? Or legendary shards only from Gambit? How F@#%$#* boring this game would be! And don’t come with that “Nightfalls are endgame” argument. Raids, Iron Banner bounties, rank resets, glory ranks, et cetera can also be added to that list. Pretty much every week some Youtuber posts a nightfall workaround where you can speedrun the Nightfall in 10 or 12 minutes and kill the boss in a few second with a shotgun shouldercharge combo or whatever. Is that endgame? I think it’s harder and takes longer to finish a raid, earn a title, reset infamy rank or reach glory rank 2100, 3000, 4000 or 5500. Yet those activities award ZERO enhancement prisms or ascendant shards. The gist: The harder the activity the higher the drop rate. The easier the activity the lower the drop rate. Oh what am I even trying. Nobody at Bungie cares.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It's absurd to me to have SO much content in the game and have barely any of it matter. Like, they're trying SO hard to constantly keep people engaged, but instead of making the ton of content they already have worth playing, they force people to play only the few seasonal/expansion activities. I would play this game so much more if I could earn upgrade materials from all these activities you mentioned. But no, instead Bungie try their hardest to burn you out while also wanting you to play constantly. How that makes any sense to them design-wise is one of those great questions of life which will probably never be answered.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The title is the kind of statement that points out the issue in such a perfect light that it's impossible to ignore that it's an actual problem. But somehow, Bungie will still ignore it......

Posting in language:

• Edited by Juuha: 2/14/2020 1:57:57 PM
    If I complete a pinnacle activity I should get a pinnacle drop + 1 ascendant shard. Ran 3 980 NF and no AS drops...

Posting in language:

• I don't care how EZ or "hard" they are. I don't want to re-run the same nightfall for the 200th time (always with 2 Izzy and 1 Divinity)... EVER again.

Posting in language:

• For the trillionth time, they don’t care. Buy some shit from eververse

Posting in language:

• This is part of the many reasons players are leaving in droves ...case in point...when I started playing a little over a year ago, I could count about 40 friends/family/clan ECT....now ZERO play anymore. Why?? Due to stupid decisions like this...and after the last twab, I seriously don't think anyone of them will come back.

Posting in language:

• There's something called Destiny: the game? I thought it was Grindfest 1 million.

Posting in language:

• They'll file this right next to the universal feedback regarding Faction Rallies and SRL.

Posting in language:

C0BALT237
    C0BALT237

O Annoyer Mine - old

So true

Posting in language:

• I agree 100,000,000%

Posting in language:

• Didn’t read your list but I fully 1000% agree with your title!

Posting in language:

• This post if quintessential of how the forum community only likes to complain. The two biggest point of contention since the start of Shadowkeep have been: 1. Fixed Elemental Affinity and not having any options to change the affinity. 2. Seasonal mods being specific to a single season's worth of armor. This week's TWAB not only addressed both of these points, but provided news that they will be fixed next season. I understand how it is frustrating for players who do not enjoy the Nightfall experience, but ignoring the immense amount of positive news is just complaining for complaining's sake in my opinion. I agree that a couple more sources of Shards and Prisms would not be a bad thing. An easy fix would be to give a 20% drop chance with every Pinnacle drop for either Shards or Prisms split 50/50. This would give about an extra Shard and Prism drop per character per week. tl;dr [spoiler]STONKS[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

6 Replies
    • i would love to see it drop for the raid, i run raid weekly and feel really disapointed with the drops i get usually. Have it drop a guarantee ascendant shard would help greatly since i'm pretty sure it would help mitigate the disappointment, also it will encourage player to try out raid since the reward at the end won't be base on much rng. (Don't get me wrong, i don't hate rng base exotic drop from raid since it will give me something to chase. 44 run of SOTP and i finally get my anarchy! Yes i still run SOTP nowaday since the armour set for warlock look sick.) Point being there will still be something to chase other then mods and god roll armour/weapon to chase after everything is said and done. Why? because now that i have my decently roll armour and with the upcoming change to armour i will not be discouraged to spend upgrade point for it since the material is not as rare anymore. Will it stop people from doing NF? no since Master NF is a place where exotic drop often.

Posting in language:

• [quote]For the millionth time… Let enhancement prisms and ascendant shards also drop in ‘Destiny 2: The Game’ and not just ‘Nightfall: The Repeat’[/quote] Datto and his elite team with unlimited playtime would probably disagree. The peasants should just be happy with their occasional enhancement core and stop looking for easy handouts I suppose haha.

Posting in language:

• This is the best comment feedback i've ever read.i put a signature at the bottım!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • [quote]I still cannot believe Bungie wants us to play the same nightfall over, and over, and over, and over again for the only two materials in this game that are actually worth it. Let them drop in Raids, from completing Iron Banner bounties, rank levels, rank resets, small drop chance after matches or strikes, earning titles. But also super rare drops from adventures, planetary chests or public events. Whatever. INCLUDE Destiny 2 for players to earn enhancement prisms and ascendant shards and not just Nightfall: The Repeat. That way THIS WHOLE GAME would be exciting to play. Excluding the most important materials from 95% of the game is one of the weirdest decisions you can make. What if gunsmith materials could only be earned from crucible matches? Or enhancement cores only from strikes? Or legendary shards only from Gambit? How F@#%$#* boring this game would be! And don’t come with that “Nightfalls are endgame” argument. Raids, Iron Banner bounties, rank resets, glory ranks, et cetera can also be added to that list. Pretty much every week some Youtuber posts a nightfall workaround where you can speedrun the Nightfall in 10 or 12 minutes and kill the boss in a few second with a shotgun shouldercharge combo or whatever. Is that endgame? I think it’s harder and takes longer to finish a raid, earn a title, reset infamy rank or reach glory rank 2100, 3000, 4000 or 5500. Yet those activities award ZERO enhancement prisms or ascendant shards. The gist: The harder the activity the higher the drop rate. The easier the activity the lower the drop rate. Oh what am I even trying. Nobody at Bungie cares.[/quote] Finally, someone else gets it!

Posting in language:

• Why create armor 2.0 if you don't want us to actually mess around with it and enjoy it? Kills me.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • Any player who guides through a raid should get at least an ascendant shard for each new player they guide.

Posting in language:

The dev team is looking at increasing the ways you can earn materials in the future. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We'll give you more details on any changes we make before they go out in a future update.

Posting in language:

90 Replies
          • I got one enhancement core for a 950 Nightfall. A gunsmith bounty would have been more efficient.

Posting in language:

• Community: Give is more ways to obtain those materials! Bungie:Ok, we’ve renamed said materials and added 3 more materials you’ll need to upgrade your gear! Oh and you’ll have to grind for the right elements just to equip certain mods! Aren’t we the Greatest!!! You’re Welcome!!! Community: Dafuq just happened Bungie: we’ve also created anti bug program for when we release the actual bug that’s going to take all your materials that you’ve spent hundreds of hours grinding for!!! Eat your heart out Activision!!!!

Posting in language:

• I still absolutely loathe this stupid Champion system.

Posting in language:

• Copy pasta from Reddit

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • It's all about control and playing the game the way THEY want you to play it.... always has been.

Posting in language:

• They just gonna give us bounties gotta extend that grind 😂

Posting in language:

• Especially cuz I can't beat nightfall on master (seriously)

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon