JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Vikinglord84: 1/15/2020 3:11:11 AM

Pit of heresy solo in one sitting is stinky

Title says it all. I just completed the pit of heresy solo last night. Every encounter, completely solo. Fire team locked. Took a short break in orbit because I was frustrated at the third encounter, came back and got the rest done. No triumph. At the least there should be a warning or disclaimer in game so you know that leaving the dungeon will void your triumph. I wouldn’t have fricken left if I knew it would be voided. Duh. What a complete waste of my time. I’m so genuinely upset at this that I might just not play this game anymore. I feel completely robbed and screwed over. Absolutely no desire to even attempt this again. I did what was required, now give me what I’ve earned. The game should recognize solo completion of each individual encounter and once they’re all done, boom, triumph is yours. Simple as that. The fact that it’s anything but that is dumbfounding.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You didn't think that leaving and coming back would void the triumph? This one is on you man.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • Ive done it twice and completed it in one sitting. It is harder this season due to the seasonal mods being weaker than last season.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • Uh oh. [spoiler]Stinky.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Thanks for all the humorous comments. By far the best thing to happen from a total eff-up on my part. Very entertaining. Just a side note, this is the first time I’ve ever posted anything about a game that I love and I regret that’s its a mild complaint. I was half pissed at myself for making a dumb mistake and half pissed at the game for not having some sort of mechanic to register completed sections. Oh well. I’ll get it again and stock up on rally banners first. That third encounter is a total B. I’m way over the initial upset-ness of it all. Sometimes that stuff can really sting when it’s fresh. Bottom line, I love the game and the community is the best part. You guys are all awesome in my book.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Edited by Kiro: 1/16/2020 5:56:55 AM
            its not that bad. 2 manning Legend Sundial is far worse, just because some of the events are a tad buggy. Your trying to beat the game bugging not the the actual content. Atleast PoH is well tested. Save for the when you die to FPS. We were making the joke in our practice runs that the bugs were intentional to add increased difficulty.

Posting in language:

• Try getting to the last bit of health on final boss on your flawless run and get beetled. I was beyond pissed off

Posting in language:

• Look...good job. But, it's just commonly known that going to orbit ruins all chances at cool stuff. Only the brody neckbeard gamers gamer get the triumphs for not being pansies. Serious though. Nicely done.

Posting in language:

• I feel for you, especially since Shattered Throne allowed you to go to orbit. I think both should be in a single sitting, but that's just me.

Posting in language:

• I cant believe they made it a triumph. What no life sweater made this triumph lol. Completely unnecessary and ridiculous

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Want to know why I'm not going to bother? Because even at 999 you get instant melted by ogres that's why. https://youtu.be/RGB26c_khUU Why Bungie thought it was necessary to stack 2 ogres in the same location is still a mystery to me

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • RIP. At least you have more experience in doing it solo. Here’s to the next time!

Posting in language:

• It's because of the save points. You could have picked up the save point for the boss battle from someone else and gone in and solo'ed it, but that would not be a solo dungeon. Not saying it doesn't stink for your effort, but just trying to shed some light on why it happened.

Posting in language:

• Glad I came across this, thanks for the info. Was soloing a hunter myself and got to the last boss where loads of cheap crap kept happening, exploder thrall spawning behind the towers, shrieker respawning instantly after death and despawning the orb, shrieker attacking whilst I’m in the central area, the list goes on. Called it a day after getting the boss to a quarter health, grabbed another sword, was blocking the shrieker to death and the boss decided to do the “floor is lava” attack which travelled UP THE STAIRS and killed me mid block.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • I had the same issue and it sucked but with my experience I took another stab at it in one sitting and got it done. No prob.

Posting in language:

• That was stupid...

Posting in language:

• i could understand your frustration if it was within the first week of the dungeon coming out... but it's been a couple months now so i feel like this is a lack of research on your end..

Posting in language:

• Why would you not think leaving and Com Ing back would void the triumph? Seems pretty obvious imo At least you have the practise now and can get it done again!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • What do you get for completing the triumph? Is it something good or atleast a cool emblem?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • Yeah, I agree. I crashed on Zulmak while he had low health. Bungie says “Nah, not good enough, go start again while we fix these crashes never”

Posting in language:

• Well this issue was all over the forums and Reddit during the last season because the triumph wasn't unlocking for a lot of people. It's bad luck for you and Bungie should clarify that in the triumph. But they do these sort of things all the time, like that Randy's quest where only certain medals count and nowhere it's mentioned. When I did it solo on PS4, I was just praying that I don't get some stupid network error or something. Thankfully got it done and unlocked Harbinger seal.

Posting in language:

• Solo isn't difficult or time consuming My solo flawless of POH took 58 mins

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Oh man ,you learned not to post on the most toxic forum on the net the hard way . Sorry about your luck ,on both accounts.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Edited by G0lden hunt3r: 1/15/2020 12:54:57 AM
                          It is that way because otherwise people would cheese it. Do 90% of it with a team. Then go orbit at last boss and come back solo. It has worked like this for over a year. You should have known by now.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                          • Things aren’t “broken” because they don’t work the way YOU want them to unfortunately

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Not at all. It will take 1 hour tops if your good enough to do it.... Take the challenge or complain on the forums. Make your choice guardian.

Posting in language:

• It is this way for a reason. I assume it is because the system cannot read if your last progress up to the checkpoint was solo. So instead, they just do not allow checkpoints to count as a solo run. Which I think is understandable.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon