JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
1/13/2020 6:11:48 PM

My XP Dilemma

My XP Grinding Dilemma I play Destiny just about every night for an hour and a half. Two or three times a week, I will play for 3 or 4 hours. During those times, I’m typically doing raids, dungeons or master nightfalls. So all in all, I play for about 12 to 15 hours a week. I like the season pass. It’s a fun extra loot grind, but I found that I couldn’t quite complete the premium pass last season. This season, I feel like I will, considering I am at lv 60. The problem I have is twofold. Number one, every time I play I have to focus on the activities that reward the most xp. Those are basically just bounties. So instead of logging on and playing the content I feel most compelled to play, I have to grind bounties (clearly no one is forcing me to, but who wants to lose out on all those seasonal rewards?)The second problem is that most of the endgame content isn’t worth much in xp. Shouldn’t a raid give a ton of experience? It takes my clan about 2-3 hours to complete the raid. It’s quite possible that I don’t level up the season pass in an entire run. Alternatively, if I were to grind bounties that whole time, I would be able to level the season pass up 4-8 times. I suggest, like I think many people already have, that activities should get more xp. Especially things like raids. I feel like 100,000 xp per encounter would be fair. That way running an entire raid would bump you 3 or 4 season pass levels. I’m happy with the idea of the season pass but I feel that activities should be more closely as lucrative as bounties.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Bungie's solution is to sell you those Season Ranks for Silver when the season draws near to its end. The Fear of Missing Out plays a huge role in Bungie's sales. You either grind Bounties every day for Season Rank 100, pay them cash for Silver for the boost in Season Rank, or miss out on the 64~66 Stat armor along with the Ornaments.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The 400 silver that you earn maybe instead of 100 silver for 1 rank change it so 20 silver is one rank that way your guaranteed 20 ranks making it easier to rank up for those that need it.

Posting in language:

This is one of the top trending feedback items we are tracking. We are passing along feedback to the team on how players feel that there should be more XP granted from activities so players don't feel like bounties are the only viable way to level up the season pass. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posting in language:

61 Replies
    • Edited by Spectral_14: 1/15/2020 1:13:26 PM
      Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same -blam!-ing thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bullshitting me, so, boom...I shot him! The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these -blam!-ing pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same -blam!-ing thing... over and over and over and over again thinking, 'This time is gonna be different, no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different' Me doing Bounties repeatedly And also, we need double xp weekends

Posting in language:

• Edited by vioLence1337: 1/14/2020 10:14:38 PM
      100000xp per encounter lets go dude dumbest idea ever.

Posting in language:

• FOMO is working EXACTLY as intended!!!! Fell the fear? Yeah well Bungle feeds off that fear.

Posting in language:

• Edited by shhhh: 1/15/2020 12:22:29 AM
      Cool story

Posting in language:

• Bungie's likely reponse to this post is - We hear you and that is why we are reducing the amount of XP from all bounties by 50% so you can feel more rewarded when you grind that raid for the 100th time. Just to show we really understand you, we would like to make it clear that we still will not give PVP players a single ascendant shard or prism nor a weekly source of pinnacle gear no matter how much they play even if they reach Legend in comp and reset their Valor ranks 10 times! Your welcome!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • The point is to have us paying for the last few levels of the pass... Hence why we are now given the opportunity to ...... pay for the last few levels of the pass........

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • There's a lot of hateful Destiny and Bungie talk On this post. I don't condone that, I really like both Destiny and Bungie. I think they're doing the best for us. This post was just to offer a suggestion based on my experience.

Posting in language:

• The bounties and grinding appeal to my OCD disorder. Everything in nice neat groups and organized just-so. Each day I load up with as many as I can grab, and then hit the strikes. Sometimes you can double or triple-up and cut the time taken

Posting in language:

• I went from level 40 to 100 in one week during the Dawning just grinding bounties each evening. Once I hit 100 I stopped trying. Now I don't have much desire to play D2 at all.

Posting in language:

• Everyone has different priorities and different situations, we all get it. I took 2 weeks off of work for the holidays and was able to play alot more than I usually could. My main focus was bounties, especially the ones from Eva because double XP... I mean 12000 xp from one cookie bounty, 2000 xp to deliver it and another 8000 xp from the occasional gift in return packages. I managed to hit season rank 500 last night before bed, artifact is a +30 right now but I'm only 200k XP from hitting +31. My Hunter is 999, Titan 998, Warlock 997. My goal was to hit 1000 power level, that will happen this week for sure. I'm not sure how many cookies I did last year, the emblem tracks last year and this one but am at 1337 cookies baked and delivered. Every single one had a bounty completion. I skipped iron Banner and mainly focused on the 3 week dawning event... that was my priority.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
          • I guess it's too late to say this but Eva's dawning bounties were the very best way to boost the season pass. Because of "double XP" and silly targets like 100 scorn, 50 precision, 5 finishes you could get the best part of 20,000 (1/5 of a season pass level) in a few minutes. Although earning Essence of Dawn took a bit of effort - her 3000 glimmer boutines for delivering cakes also racked up the XP quickly too. Grinding those bounties allowed you to blast through the pass levels at a huge rate - during Dawning I went from 30 to 90 in just a few weeks. Wonder if there'll be something like this later on (there is a "crimson" thing coming up around Valentines day - perhaps it will have some high XP, low effort stuff too?). I guess the actual point though is that all activities should really have the same XP/minute rate so it doesn't matter what you choose to do - you always earn XP at the same rate. (dunno if sitting on a deck chair, admiring the scenery should just tick up the XP counter too though?? ;-)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • This season is longer than last season, you have plenty of time. And they have xp boosts in the pass and at reset every week, so getting higher is easy, can be done with reg play like yours. Also, you dont have to focus on bounties like that. Since you like to raid, just go see what bounties you can complete while raiding (kill with nades, get precision kills, kill 3 enemies fast, etc.). As for getting 100k xp per raid encounter, lol no, just no. That is just trying to cheat the system. All people would do is farm the easiest raid encounter in the raid of their choosing, until they maxed out the season pass.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Doesnt a raid encounter give as much as a weekly bounty xp wise

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Edited by L33LHO: 1/14/2020 1:47:35 AM
                  Easy to get loads xp. Especially this past couple of weeks with dawning. Get 750 gear and a mask go to the forge while you are at work or asleep go to tower and buy shit loads of double xp bounties of the old woman and up you go

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    I don't mean to bash on your argument, cause you have a valid point, but: doing contracts from gambit, crucible and strikes, plus this season free roam activities is enough to reach level 100 and beyond. You even had the dawning which gave double xp for every baked cookie contract.. i think you are missing something because leveling up isn't hard at all.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • Raids should award more. I’m around 113. Don’t focus on bounties, just been doing strike loops for the (alleged) rocket and sniper drops. Not seen a single one.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Just buy some silver and waste it on worthless digitial dresses. After all, that's the real end game, and all that Bungo really wants the players to do.

Posting in language:

• I'm about 140 and haven't raided, mainly bounties and play list activities. Which kind of backs your theory up 👍🏼

Posting in language:

• No no. Bungie wants you to waste upwards of 15 minutes at a time flying in to the tower in order to pick up bounties for you to complete in ten minutes so you have to take another 15 minutes to fly in to the tower....

Posting in language:

• I’ve got to 96 this season, hit 200 last, and feeling like I’m done for some time. Booted up last night, selected character, stared at orbit and then switched off - no desire to do anything as just felt like w chore to decide what was best ‘use’ of my time. Infact it’s so bad I’m sitting on 900+ dawning essence and I just cannot be bothered to turn it in - more faff and for what, loot which I don’t really care for and triumphs that are designed to drive fear of missing out but the truth is now just don’t care. I’ll probably log in whenever my nephew wants to do stuff, but that’s about it for now I reckon. It’s just not fun anymore.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I'm sorry, do you expect good, rational, entertaining, intelligent game design? From Bungie? From scummy, greedy, lazy, uninspired, dumped like trash by Activision Bungie? Interesting.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Noble6: 1/14/2020 9:09:24 AM
                          I know this doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I still find it hilarious how a raid-clear gives you ONE Dawning-Essence. Just one, a public event gives 5 - 10.

Posting in language:

• FOMO chore based game. Play and keep up, or miss out. The game never stays whole and thus remains soulless garbage.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon