JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
12/2/2019 2:43:11 PM

Did the Season Pass Model Work?

yes, it was great!

no, it wasnt great

turkey dinner

As we wrap up this season I really just wonder what everybody thinks about the season pass. Try to hold blind negativity and just come in and what you think. Did it work or did it not
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I prefer to purchase and play full game or large dlc. I don’t like season pass or battle pass method for content. So for me, full game or large dlc, I spend money. Season pass method, I don’t spend money.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
      Will be watching this thread closely. It's worth noting, we aren't going to define success or failure off of one season. Seasons will continue to evolve to address feedback, but we do hope that there were many aspects of this season that were appealing to players!

Posting in language:

142 Replies
      • I prefer how the game worked before. While i liked some of the content (raid,dungeon), the rest has been extremely boring. Game needs to be rewarding to keep people playing. Too many restrictions and limitations. Let us have fun. Why chase anything, if its just going to be nerfed to hell down the road. Quit making the game for the top .04% and focus on the huge group in the middle of the outliers.

Posting in language:

• They need to spend more time on making content less reliant on specific weapons then using a f2p tactic.

Posting in language:

• Only cool thing was the ornament set. Too bad everything they made was only available through silver. Im not buying silver ever. Its not a f2p game. If i pay for the game and expansions and dlc then how are they investing that money in creating eververse items that are again paywall locked? This season was the season of shameless disgusting greed.

Posting in language:

• I like it, we are getting more content. Just as I fade out on the game Dawning hits. They are onto something where and they will fine tune it in sure.

Posting in language:

• Hard to tell, at times it felt like a grind but given that at the end of this season I am 160ish, I could’ve got T100 without grinding at all and just playing the game. I like the rewards system because it gives you something to grind towards, the Phenotype ornaments are very cool looking in my opinion, ascendant shards and the ornament for EV helped too. [b]But[/b] there was a lot of filler rewards that are ass and are just done to be there, the quest boosters for EV is bullshit and just used to pad out the rewards tier.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Reegeee: 12/3/2019 11:33:59 PM
        I was happy enough with it. Not a massive fan of the vex offensive, but I loved the matchmaking for nightfall ordeal, that was a good change. I think the loot/consumable/bounty balance was a bit off for vex offensive. You got everything so quickly it began to feel a bit pointless running it. Obviously the undying mind bit was a disappointment. I ended up really liking the battle pass. Once I got to 100 I was pretty happy to put the game down and play other stuff. In a good way though. As in I know I'll be happy to buy the next season. For seasons going forward I'd like to see more crafted strike/story mission type content. I get why they do the horde type stuff, but if I'm totally honest I think that type of content is below bungie. I know they need to make stuff that's repeatable, but I dunno it just feels overly simple. Clear out enemies, move onto next area. People bang on about sparrow racing because it was something different, and that's what I want to see.

Posting in language:

• I like the new model, but I want more useful items and Eververse items to drop. Both Pre-Shadowkeep and post. Or at least more bright dust/silver, because I know you need to make money, Im not asking for a lot, but I cant crank out money left and right over everything.

Posting in language:

• I’m fine with this season but worried about the upcoming ones. Guess I’ll decide when S9 drops

Posting in language:

• Make the game free to play, or don't. You have to choose. This middle ground we seem to be aimlessly wondering is the worst of both worlds. I Would gladly buy ever verse if I had not already bought the game, the expansion, and the season pass. I have not and will not ever buy a scrap of silver in the current model.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
        • I think the slimiest part of the season outside of obviously E-verse was limiting the title. I get that Vex Offensive needs to go away and for a multitude of reasons. But there is no real reason outside of this ridiculous idea of FOMO that the entire title needed to be completed within this season. Sure, everything in the Undying Title linked to the Vex Offensive or the invasions would need to be done, but other things that title require like completing all the ritual weapons should not have needed to be done within this season to not be able to claim it later -- unless I am mistaken here and you can. I am pretty sure we can still grind for those ritual weapons in the this next season. The Moon destination will still be there for some of the triumphs associated with it. Hunts will still be a thing next season for that triumph. I just think requiring people to unlock this entire title within 1 season for no other reason than just to try and "scare" people into it is shitty. Everything else, meh, it was $10. You can't even go see a 2 hour movie for less than $10 anymore.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Roll Tide : 12/3/2019 8:17:30 PM
          Well the armour stuff was a big flop, I still have one set and never change it. Making the game longer by adding ridiculous grinds makes most people just quit. The nightmare thing is just dumb, I get killing stuff and adding time. But there is really no strategy or reward. I do like the level to 100 thing, that was fun. I like the pit, tho it's not as challenging as throne. Vex assault is a waste of time, it should only last like 3 minutes based on fun factor. Ordeal is fun, I like the levels. Can't speak on raid, because my clan of 42 is down to 3 players. Eververse is annoying, I don't buy cosmetics so it doesn't bother me much. But the prices are crazy high. (Wal-Mart became the largest retailer by selling tons of stuff lower than everyone else, maybe try for volume and not margin)

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ken_Malibu: 12/3/2019 7:05:28 AM
          FOMO sucks and makes the game feel more like a chore than fun. The real shame is that there are still fantastic parts to this expansion like the raid and dungeon but there's so much garbage and repetition to get to them through levelling and gearing up. Do strikes, gambit, PvP but it's the same every season. Not enough new maps are added in each DLC and the roation is piss poor. I play the same map sometimes 3 times in a row and when grinding some comp the other day I think I saw 3 maps in total. To be fair there are so many strikes in the game, so why repeat the same few over and over? Grinding would feel much less grindy imo. Overall if this was a regular DLC like Curse of Osiris then it'd be ok but for an annual update it sure is minimal effort. My concern now is what for the rest of the year? More FOMO grind nonsense with less and less new content it seems.

Posting in language:

25 Replies
          • I did like the idea of specific rewards tied to leveling up and knowing in advance what they are and that made me actually pay more attention to multitasking bounties and figuring out the fastest way to Level 100 ... but there should've been some rewards past 100, as well. Not necessarily one per level but maybe one every ten or fifteen levels. Doesn't have to be something wholly unique, but a few prisms or a couple hundred bright dust would be nice. Vex Offensive was initially quite fun -- it was kind of nice to have a simple shooting gallery type event, but it didn't scale well, difficulty-wise, with our increasing power. Even for just a limited time frame the fact that it was essentially impossible to fail made it get stale faster. I was expecting the Final Assault to really come in and require some effort, but it didn't. We need more loot to chase after, frankly. I understand with weapons that the feel of the gunplay in this game is fantastic, and each weapon does feel different than the others in its class, so no one wants a bunch of reskinned clones that are essentially just the same weapon with minor cosmetic differences. I'm sure it takes some considerable work to get the feel of the guns right, so its understandable that we don't get dozens of new guns each season. That said, there's no excuse not to be drowning in armor / universal ornaments. Each activity should have a seasonal 'standard' set and the equivalent of 'pinnacle' armor that takes a longer grind. Each Exotic armor should have multiple ornaments - give Xur something to sell to the veteran players who have their Exotic collections complete. The aesthetics should range from ridiculous / whimsical (a Jade Rabbit or Twin-Tailed Fox set) to super badass -- let the player decide what they want to be. Whatever you don't earn in the course of a season goes on Eververse the following season. Ships and sparrows and weapon ornaments are all fine and good, but with Armor 2.0 being able to control the visual aspect of our characters is one of the key features. How many times in Crucible or Gambit or strikes do you notice someone has a certain weapon ornament equipped, or what ship they have? But you'll always notice interesting armor combos. If you want to monetize cosmetics, armor is the way to go.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by jack_zedd: 12/3/2019 11:48:00 AM
              Although a season is 10$, and I wasn't expecting too much content out of it, it did not make me want to play. I like the feeling of the game, but I've been playing less and less. What I liked: 1. armor changes. What I didn't like: 1. season pass ranks does not fit with a game like destiny. I'm expecting bungie to define new industry trends, not to follow bad trends from free to play games. 2. Make the game either free to play or not at all free. This kind of free to play is not working. It probably made the player numbers go up, but didn't bungie say they were going to focus on its core player base? This feels like a step backwards for that promise. 3. Eververse needs to get less attention from bungie. I'd rather pay more upfront for the game/updates and get more items from playing than from just paying for said items. [u]Buying cosmetics is not fun. Earning cosmetics from game play is fun.[/u] 4. More communication is needed from bungie. We know you're listening, but that's not enough anymore. We need to know what's the status of some critical issues like for example, what's going to happen with pvp? When are changes to pvp being implemented? What does "renewed focus on pvp" mean? What are the long term plans for destiny franchise? Please consider increasing the communication with the community until the game is in its best state possible. 5. Lack of flexibility for implementing fixes/nerfs/buffs/changes in the game. 6. Feeling that destiny is constantly on a testing stage. We need bungie to step up and finally create a product that THEY feel is a final product. Enough with testing new stuff constantly. Enough with trying to make everyone happy. Make your game the way you want and let me decide whether I like it or not. 7. [u][b]No more FOMO tactics, please.[/b][/u] Maybe some of the issues I pointed out are not specifically related with the season per se, but they ultimately hurt all the content. I like the game. I just don't like to enough anymore for it to be one of my hobbies. I'll pick it up once in a while, until I feel I got left behind.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Edited by AngryBovine1419: 12/3/2019 3:16:48 AM
                That’s a hard NO... all they did was increase grind and force you to find fireteams... which by the way didn’t work either, didn’t look, didn’t care, finished the pass and ignored everything except Crucible, which is barely tolerable, but solo Survival is a step in the right direction. I see the fan base continuing to dwindle again... whoever did Forsaken? Bungie needs to get them back.

Posting in language:

• Edited by NTAEndar: 12/3/2019 1:30:16 PM
                No, for two main reasons: 1. Timed Content in addition to the already timed loot. - it's not a fun "You had to be there" story, it's "They had some stuff in the game but it's seemingly gone forever" story. Oh and that Season 8: Power Bonus triumph is a joke. I'm skipping that one. 2. Eververse and microtransactions. Even worse now that engrams don't give us any of the new stuff. I just skip Eververse entirely other than to spend my couple hundred of bright dust a week on any shader or projection I'm missing. I really don't like microtransactions in games. Only one I bought was horse armour in Oblivion, because I had all the other DLC for the game and just considered it DLC.

Posting in language:

• [quote]As we wrap up this season I really just wonder what everybody thinks about the season pass. Try to hold blind negativity and just come in and what you think. Did it work or did it not[/quote] The Psychological Manipulation of FOMO that these Seasons exploit is why I hate the Seasonal Model. I want the ole DLC Model back. Yes we’ll have Content Droughts, but that is a good thing. Forces you to play other Games until Content for Destiny arrives. There ARE games outside of Destiny.

Posting in language:

26 Replies
                • I can’t judge it because I didn’t buy it. I’m completely repulsed by the idea of temporary paid for content. All I see is shady psychological marketing tactics designed by a focus group. While I likely would’ve enjoyed SK for the money, it’s content that is forever tainted by being simbiotically tied to Vex Offensive which is being removed. Bungie has completely lost me as a casual but I still enjoy the game and am happy for the hardcore who do enjoy this new system.

Posting in language:

• I thought the season rank was good, but why stop giving rewards after 100? The bright engrams after every 5 was better than nothing, which what I was expecting. The vex invasion was fun the first 2-3 times, then it got repetitive. Then when the Undying mind dropped, I did the vex invasion once. It was the same thing except the boss was diffrent...yawn. The artifact was pretty good. Had fun theory building for a bit, til arc battery took over my build. I also built an oppressive darkness for my Hunter that actually made the Hunters grenades better, for once. That was fun to expierment with. Was the pass worth $10? Since this is the first season to this format, I won't be too hard on Bungie and I will say it was worth it and I had fun with it. I just wished I was a little more creative to give you suggestion to make it better, but there are a lot of people here and Reddit that probably have some great insight on how to make it better.....its just, will Bungie listen?

Posting in language:

• Edited by Nightmarity: 12/3/2019 1:54:19 PM
                  Like, it was cool to have a bit of extra loot to earn if we paid a little extra The shaders, ornaments, and other vanity items were really cool Just wish it had less "throw away" rewards...stuff like nostalgic engrams, vex offensive coins, raid banners. If it came with a unique type of EV engram that included new items...not old ones that vets have had for 2 years...maybe it would've been better And it created a lot of FOMO...I know their intention was to have more "you had to be there" moments...but eventually it could lead to loyal but casual (or those with a busy life) players leaving the game

Posting in language:

• I liked it. Was very easy to complete the 100 ranks in 2 weeks with very little playtime.

Posting in language:

• I enjoyed it. My big problem with it though is that my friends mainly want to raid or run dungeons, which are some of my favorite content. So the one or two nights a week I can usually play I ended up raiding and such, and as a result my seasonal rank is far below what it would have been if I had just patrolled the planets. That seems weird. Now I'm in the boat where my friends are running raids and I have to go do Vex Offensive instead since they already completed their seasonal ranks. I probably won't get to 100, which is a bummer since that sword emote looks pretty sweet. Anyway. It has been annoying to be penalized for playing more of the fun content such as raids and dungeons.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by FURYKNIGHT_21: 12/3/2019 7:16:10 AM
                    Being a weekend only player it's been super hard for me to keep up. Grinding countless bounties to level up and not having any other time to do anything else in the game. I dont have time for crucible or pinnacle weapons, exotic weapon quests or raids. It's all been put aside so that I can grind for the season pass. But now I just cba. Bungie has put FOMO into the game and it's really annoying. It's more of a chore than it is fun. I do hope that bungie allows us to continue grinding for rewards after the season ends so that we will all get what we have paid and played for eventually.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I think my biggest compliments would be that I did like the universal armor ornaments and the masterworking materials. My biggest complaints would have to be that the rewards for the higher levels like bright dust, raid banners, legendary shards, mind components were not all bad rewards but the amounts that you got of them were even worse. Also being that I'm season rank 178 and will likely be 200 before the end of the season and that whole second set of 100 all I got was nostalgic engrams and to add insult to injury only 20 of them because you only get one ever 5 levels instead of each level, regardless of the fact that I bought the season pass.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon