JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by NVMYGT: 12/5/2019 5:18:48 AM
NVMYGT

Bungie, Duplicate drop reduction or bad luck protection please.

Edit: added video for example, this happens to me alot. Finished another GoS raid with Divinity run, (yay I finally got it) But along the way I got my 7th fusion rifle, 3rd gauntlet, second helmet, and 11th chest piece. (Still no boots) Gos armor on my Titan so far has been 6 chest, 6 gauntlets. Hunter GoS armor 3 boots Weapons: 7 bows, 7 fusion rifles, 3 hand cannons, 5 pulse rifles, 2 snipers, 3 shot guns, 3 auto rifles __________________________________________________ Ran 2 more Escalation Protocol with my Titan and got another helmet and another pair of boots, that's 4 helmets, 3 chest pieces, 3 boots and 2 class items so far. (Still no gauntlets) Hunter EP is 4 cloaks, 3 gauntlets, 1 helmet so far ( no chest, no boots) Warlock EP armor is 2 helmets, 3 gauntlets, 3 robes, 3 class items. (still no boots) ___________________________________________________ Pit of Heresy runs so far; Hunter: 3 boots, 1 chest Warlock: 3 boots, 2 helmet Titan: 3 helmets, 1 gauntlet, 1 class item ___________________________________________________ SoTP: 46 clears, 39 Bellowing Giant rocket launchers, 17 Tempered Dynamo, 26 Threat Level, 3 no feelings scout, 0 Anarchy Random luck or just plain bad luck? IDK, but I would like to see less of the same stuff I already have. Most of my teammates have Anarchy and have a full set of GoS raid armor and I'm a bit salty

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• There should be a consumable so you have a increased chance of getting the item you want

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

5 Replies
    • Edited by BL00DBEARD GR1M: 12/4/2019 4:33:46 AM
      Bad Luck Protection? man oh man have I got the thing for you - My friend from west African, Doctor Tchubabambe Mpolangolo can cure you with many remedies. - His remedies help with the following: 1) - Haunting and Bewitching 2) - Joblessness 3) - Laziness leading to Joblessness 4) - Bad Luck Protection from Voodoo 5) - Lovers cheating 6) - Dysfunction of spousal interest 7) - curses 8) - curses from uninterested spouses 9) - Witchcraft 10) - Preston Garvey calling for help 11) - Skooma addiction

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • It’s good you keep stats, it’s sad you don’t go the step further. Rng means Random number generation. Random means bell shaped curve. There is no bell shape curve in Bungie’s rng: you don’t have st dev here!! What you have instead is gambling psychology applied to number generations. Something that I’m surprised American regulations leave Bungie to use on children. Anyway, Bungie’s number generator analyses your gaming profile: frequency, distribution in days, content/activities played, hours played... to generate a profile that adjusts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis according to your activity. So in practice the least you play an activity/character, the more the number generator will try to incentivize you to play that activity/character by rewarding you with better loots. Inversely, the more you play an activity/character, the less, ceteris paribus, you have probabilities to loot what you’re missing. As much as I can be salty about Bungie, this is seriously the best and most fair approach to reward given so many different profiles. And Californians are gambling addicts, so I guess Bungie knows their market.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Jesus. People play WAYYYYY too much for stuff that won’t matter in the next season.... and the one after that.... and the one after that.... and so on leading up to the next content drop. I know so few people who play with Leviathan weapons because they still have set perks and most are unreliable. I mean, there are 139 exotics in this game, 500+ weapons, 1600+ armor pieces, and so on. Why does it matter? You’ll probably end up changing the ornament to fit your taste over showing off your full set to people who don’t really care.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Since collections exist, items that are already owned should be removed from the loot table until everything in it is acquired. It would improve odds for everything, instead of the chance of getting the same trash consecutively.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • While with the artifact I'm over 980 the fact I don't have base 960 on any character is stupid. 4 weeks without a power drop the bad offer is only 3 Pinnacle drops can be heavy and 1 is here every 3 weeks. No heavy in the raid the dungeon only drops armor that leaves ib or nf ordeal or nm hunt, but for 4 weeks nothing 2

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • The thing with “rng” is after a while of not getting what you want you simply lose interest and move on to a different game. The psychology behind it is based on the fact that you believe you will get the drop eventually, thus giving you the dopermine hit, problem is only the true addicts will carry on searching whilst the MAJORITY simply give up and move on.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • I’ve been playing very regularly probably 5 times a week and have had literally no pieces of armor drop above a 59 stat total. I’ve got several clan mates that I play consistently with several of whom that only play a couple of days a week. Literally everyone one of them has had armor drop over 60. To the point where they have at minimum 60 on all or almost all of their gear. I simply don’t understand how it is possible with the time and grind I put in weekly that nothing has dropped higher than 60. I have one at 59 a couple at 58 (in the same piece not different pieces) and I grind on IB, do raids etc. I’m currently pushing to get masterworks but tbh I don’t want to waste ascendant shards on shit gear because they are simply so hard to acquire. What am i doing wrong to simply not see any top tier gear drops at this point?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Maybe its just me, but it feels like prior to forsaken loot drops felt more random. Granted there wasnt that much loot but i remeber sometimes I would get a masterworked weapon or piece of armor and then the next drop was something else entirely. Nowadays I don't even bother completing weekly pinnacle quests because I know all I'm going to get is my 100th tangled web helm in a row lol.

Posting in language:

• I get it, I have enough gauntlets now thanks. Can I get a chest piece please?

Posting in language:

• I kept telling people that the game has something in place to consistently give you duplicates, yet no one believed me.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • had the same issue with iron banner titan pinnacle bounties, i keep getting the same two items drop, i had 2 wizened rebukes and the same 2 armour pieces both at the same power lvl and stat this happened on the first 2 ib.s and happened on warlock this time,i wont be bothering to grind higher power lvl next season because of the artifact reset and mostly the dup issue, its just not worth it when you get knocked every time you get a pinnacle

Posting in language:

• Huh. 10 clears for me and ZERO hand cannon drops. Smashes controller and moves on.

Posting in language:

• How else will they increase play time? They dont care dude, as long as they hit their playtime targets for the month its all good. The game is a cash cow to them, they're working on a new game anyway.

Posting in language:

• It’s there to keep you playing due to lack of new content or loot.

Posting in language:

• I’ve gotten a cloak and only chest pieces from GoS

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sicario Demon: 12/3/2019 6:13:02 AM
                      They could at least allow the trading in of repeat armour/weaponry for a raid currency Thus allowing to accrue enough of the specific currency to buy the missing armour item But the problem is weaponry random roll perks & Armour 2.0 with its variable stats & static elemental properties There’s just [b]too much[/b] RNG Armour styles should be ornamental (and skin compatibility across all armour) which then allow the application of ornaments onto a base armour frame (which would be the initial building block that carries the element & tensile strength/alloy build (Agile/Mezzo/Hardy...Names to be changed🤔) - but imagine that a Titan has put together *Hardy Chest/Helm/Gauntlets for more resilience & recovery etc but is wearing an *Agile frame leg armour set ...meaning as they are charging towards you in PvP, there’s a weak spot - shoot the legs & slow them down - (much more MMO to have weaknesses & strengths of armour) ...be careful though, those legs might be Antaeus Wards (with an ornament) or be mod-slotted/carrying 2xTraction & Primary Deflect) then there’s the second section that’s for the perk mods...which are earned from Cashing in Tokens, Strikes, Quests, tasks/bounties/PvE/PvP etc etc (and thus unlocking a 3rd & 4th armour slot, for specific armour ornament properties from raid/location/damage mods) And the ability to run just a single armour frame with changes coming through element swap, modifications & glimmer application Allows for some crazy cosmetic customisations too

Posting in language:

• There should be a knockout system in place, especially in the raids. If you got it once, you don't get it at all or there is a very very very low chance of getting it again until you've gotten everything else in the loot pool.

Posting in language:

• My pinnacle drops this week were, 5 legs, 4 energy weapons one chest.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Edited by Corrick II: 12/3/2019 1:01:46 AM
                        I still say there’s a background system that creates reverse duplicate protection, where if the game senses you grinding a certain activity it actually increases the chances of you getting the same thing. I wouldn’t put it past the designers, Bungie doesn’t want you earning all the gear TOO quick and easily. Otherwise you’ll obviously just get bored and leave. It would be nice if Bungie put a little faith in their product. Their loot philosophy is all wrong and is hurting the community.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • [quote]Edit: added video for example, this happens to me alot. Finished another GoS raid with Divinity run, (yay I finally got it) But along the way I got my 7th fusion rifle, 3rd gauntlet, second helmet, and 11th chest piece. (Still no boots) Gos armor on my Titan so far has been 6 chest, 6 gauntlets. Hunter GoS armor 3 boots Weapons: 7 bows, 7 fusion rifles, 3 hand cannons, 5 pulse rifles, 2 snipers, 3 shot guns, 3 auto rifles __________________________________________________ Ran 2 more Escalation Protocol with my Titan and got another helmet and another pair of boots, that's 4 helmets, 3 chest pieces, 3 boots and 2 class items so far. (Still no gauntlets) Hunter EP is 4 cloaks, 3 gauntlets, 1 helmet so far ( no chest, no boots) Warlock EP armor is 2 helmets, 3 gauntlets, 3 robes, 3 class items. (still no boots) ___________________________________________________ Pit of Heresy runs so far; Hunter: 3 boots, 1 chest Warlock: 3 boots, 1 helmet Titan: 2 helmets, 1 gauntlet, 1 class item ___________________________________________________ SoTP: 46 clears, 39 Bellowing Giant rocket launchers, 17 Tempered Dynamo, 26 Threat Level, 3 no feelings scout, 0 Anarchy Random luck or just plain bad luck? IDK, but I would like to see less of the same stuff I already have. Most of my teammates have Anarchy and have a full set of GoS raid armor and I'm a bit salty[/quote] bungle has promised to fix it and even said it was fixed since d1 days, a task they apparently can’t or don’t want to fix. I’ve had 4 exotic engram drops since start of season, here are my stellar rewards 1 colony 1 crest of alpha lupe 2 dark talons back to back Have not gotten Monte Carlo to drop, which should with the duplicate exotic protection. Makes me think that protection is non existent, Lol bungle failed again. Duh

Posting in language:

• They don't care. After five years of this with no changes, even though they've shown they can control loot in other areas, it's pretty clear they just don't care. Either that or the leads don't math very well and the one guy who's supposed to be getting this is terrible at his job. You in theory may never get the gun, I don't care what anyone else says I think that's mental. It shouldn't take anyone longer than a season to get something they can only repeat 3 times per week. Or maybe they just want to keep more people playing because of that whole theory that if they control your gaming time to just this game they also control your gaming wallet. But whatever it is, I'm with you on it sucking and I think Bungie needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix the issue. Divinity was a great move, but it didn't fix the past.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Edited by Lull9: 12/3/2019 12:25:31 AM
                            Yep, I have the Enlightened title (thanks only to drops for my Warlock) and still missing boots/gloves for Titan and gloves for Hunter. PLENTY of energy weapons though... barf. Honestly, how many runs should you have to do to get a set of armor (that still might have bad rolls)? What's the design intent here? Really sucks because then you also get screwed out of getting those armor pieces in the "secret" chests to try for better stats/different affinities. They need to stop with the"pure" RNG. No bad luck protection just makes people give up eventually. Not a great way to retain players. Also, no one really believes it's true "RNG" anyway. Everything in this game feels very manipulative.

Posting in language:

• They claim to have adjusted this and fixed this numerous times, which is probably why they are ignoring this thread now and all the other times this gets brought up

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • But I really enjoyed running GoS this week and getting 4 pinnacle drops at 959 all in the energy slot.......... Working as intended right?

Posting in language:

• Same throughout the game, IB bounties rewarding mainly duplicate weapons despite armour being around 951, oh wait we'll give you a 955 primary despite you having a 954, also luminous engrams, so far had 12 Threat level ships, 4 bitter poison sparrows and a few other duplicates.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon