JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
12/1/2019 8:08:20 PM

Us Warlocks foresee the coming issues. Here they are and will remain unless addressed.

One eyed mask is getting the over shield regen removed yet not one Warlock exotic will still be as powerful as this one for PVP. It will still allow full healing after winning a gunfight against someone who has damaged the Titan, it will still grant tracking through walls and it will still apply increased damage against opponents. (Warlocks don't even have three exotics to combine together to achieve this kind of effect.) Are Warlocks going to get an exotic like this that allows us to heal after every engagement we win and see through walls and get increased damage? I doubt it. Am I asking for that to be given to us? No however if the Titans and Hunters are going to continue to possess the ability to wear an exotic that allows for instant healing on any class then we should have them too. (If anyone mentions the rift as a counter point they can shove it) Placing a rift takes time and has a long recharge rate without specific builds. Also don't bother mentioning devour because that isn't due to an exotic, requires a grenade to sacrifice and also is only available on one tree of a sub class. (Sounds like a serious disadvantage in the exotic selection department for the Warlocks to me) We now have to sacrifice our top tree grenade in order to gain in air accuracy? Sounds pretty weak considering we are meant to be king of the skies. Along with this we now have no way to regen our grenades through in air kills. Vortex Nova still needs a larger blast radius and lance or shatter options. Nova warp was far too heavily nerfed and aside from hand held super nova the class is just not viable. (I would say the melee is great but it's so inconsistent with its secondary blast in conjunction with our slower melee speed that it's just not enough to justify using this subclass) Warlock base melee speed still slower causing us to lose all melee battles even if we melee first. You have mentioned nothing about bottom tree Dawnblade, What about Phoenix dive sucking and this class having zero neutral game at all? Our movement options for PVP suck and we want something that is as good as a hunters double or triple jump (Just make a new Warlock version cos being a floating target is ass for PVP) We have double Icarus dash coming on top tree Dawnblade (Which a lot of us are looking forward to) however our movement across all other classes and trees is seriously lacking for PVP. Blink absolutely sucks without using an exotic helmet. Warlocks are decent in PVE (Not amazing anymore now we have a well of Radiance that is less beneficial than the bubble and Lunafactions worse than they once were.) My question to you bungie is this. Will Warlocks ever be on even footing as a choice for PVP? If not why? And are you willing to change that? (Anyone about to pipe up with "Warlocks are meant to be a support class and a PVE focused class" can just stop right there, because that's not what the lore suggests or how their abilities are geared) Yes they can support in some ways however this is not some box I am okay with being forced into on a class that should be just as good (On even footing) in PVP with Hunters. I know it was a rant but it's still valid points.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Aaaand none of them are being addressed.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Ight imma head out

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • You have rifts...healing nades. And devour that grant full health every kill. WITHOUT EXOTIC.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Just wait until they nerf Handheld Supernova. Lol Warlock will be a relic of a greater past when stories will be told of Warlocks rising from the dead in radiance laying waste with Viking funeral and destroying with firebolt and a touch of flame. Void Super Nova's destroying entire fireteam, Nova warping and watching their enemies run in terror and then consuming them with an inescapable void blast. Stories of Phoenix flames launched ocross the battle field at what almost seemed unending, invincilble Solar wells with seemingly endless firepower. These once great warriors will be remembered for all time.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Those who main titans and hunters don’t want warlocks to get something game changing. Imagine bringing back the ram (from house of wolves, not TTK) and tanking so much damage. Hunter and titan mains will be crying on here everyday.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • [quote]One eyed mask is getting the over shield regen removed yet not one Warlock exotic will still be as powerful as this one for PVP.[/quote] In order to activate any of One Eyed Mask's abilities the titan; A. has to be shot. - thus enabling the mark which gives them the tracking. They are now at a health disadvantage. They also only get to see one target, and only one target. B. has to kill that person that shot them. - Enabling the healing and strength buff. But they don't track anyone else until they get shot again. Pro-tip: Stop shooting titans wearing one-eyed mask if you can't win a 1v1 with them. Lure them into teamshot situations, make sure you have something on-hand that'll kill them when they come after you - or just straight up shoot them in the face before they can come after you. Don't pop them once, hide behind a corner and cry about how "op" it is because the titan turned a corner and shot you with a shotgun. [quote] It will still allow full healing after winning a gunfight against someone who has damaged the Titan[/quote] Not if they get shot again? That interrupts health regen. Maybe stop shooting titans and running away to isolated corners and cowering. [quote]it will still grant tracking through walls[/quote] Against one opponent. After taking damage. Foe tracer lets you mark targets at will and do increased damage to them, Eye of Another World (A warlock exotic) highlights anything nearby and increases all of your regen to a pretty notable degree. Plus there's Sanguine Alchemy which lets your [b]rift[/b] grant you tracking and enhanced radar. Titans were the only one without a tracking exotic and it's still, in terms of tracking power, the worst of the four. [quote]and it will still apply increased damage against opponents.[/quote] Not enough damage to be of any importance in PVP. It won't make any triple-taps into double-taps and it won't make two-taps into one-shots. [quote] (Warlocks don't even have three exotics to combine together to achieve this kind of effect.)[/quote] Aside from the fact that you can summon rifts to heal on demand, something no other class can do; Eye of Another World for tracking Sanguine Alchemy for tracking Karnstein Armlets restores health on melee kills The only thing warlocks lack, is plentiful health regen which is really negated by the fact that the bulk of your skills and exotics focus on ability regen so you can spam your rifts constantly. You know what titans have? Barricade. You know what's absolutely useless? Barricade. It has a long cast, zero beneficial effects to you outside of acting as a temporary shield that will break under roughly three seconds of sustained fire from any weapon, and won't protect you from any kind of aoe fire. People would take your crying about any of this more seriously if warlocks couldn't generate health and overshield on demand, and spam it, constantly. [quote]Are Warlocks going to get an exotic like this that allows us to heal after every engagement[/quote] Most of your builds let you summon a rift after every engagement. Get out of here with that shit. [quote]and see through walls[/quote] You have [i]two[/i] [quote]and get increased damage?[/quote] You're spoiled for your choice of exotic and build, but you're mad because titans have one mediocre exotic that you blame for all of your poor gameplay choices, and even if it is getting nerfed it's still not good enough. [quote]No however if the Titans and Hunters are going to continue to possess the ability to wear an exotic that allows for instant healing on any class then we should have them too.[/quote] [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] Is this not getting through yet? [b]You can summonon a healing rift every few seconds.[/b] [quote]Placing a rift takes time and has a long recharge rate without specific builds.[/quote] The animation is like, one second at best. Any "instant healing" in this game takes roughly as long to start as it does for rift to go down and kick in. Rift is as fast as it gets, dawg. Nearly any build you pick will give you faster rifts, and it's already way better than the garbage that is barricade - not to mention that most exotics or class trees will give your rift some kind of bonus. If you don't like your rift, that's on you. It really sounds like you're just playing your class wrong at this point. Have you tried titan? Sounds like you'd rather play a titan.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • Quick question: if top tree dawnblade is supposed to be an aerial warrior, dealing damage while gliding above enemies, why is "grounded" a modifier in the game?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Just play Titan

Posting in language:

• Yo Azlan check this out! They finally are understanding our melee problem https://www.vgr.com/destiny-2-warlock-melee-speed-slower-compared-other-classes/

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Probably most of the employees in Bungie are either playing a hunter or a titan. Both classes always have the good stuff. This has been going on for while since D1. I recently came back , and the first thing that greeted me in PVP was a hunter’s blade barrage. I asked myself why my warlock couldn’t have something as cool as that. Then I saw the Titan with a big hammer of fire. And what my warlock have is buffed rift really. It is sad to be a warlock this days

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • Bungie through their actions or in actions are committed to keeping Warlocks a PVE class. What the OP listed has been a problem for 3 years now, there are more of these posts popping up here and on Reddit and Bungie doesn't address it at all. Since Day 1 Warlocks are the least used class in PVP......FACT! Why is this????? Why hasn't Bungie addresses a simple problem like Warlocks melee range? The only answer I can come up with is that Bungie really wants Warlocks to be a PVE focused class. I totally disagree with Bungies thinking but their in actions speak volumes about what Bungie thinks about Warlocks.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Soul: 12/2/2019 4:31:15 PM
                    Lol. This basicially reads as... 'We warlocks want healing abilities but you're not allowed to bring up the several that we already have!' You can heal without exotics...if you don't like those skills then fine, but you can't just dismiss them and claim other classes have it better because they have exotics that can heal. [quote]if the Titans and Hunters are going to continue to possess the ability to wear an exotic that allows for instant healing on any class then we should have them too[/quote] You do... Karmstien armlets - not only gives a large [u]instant[/u] heal, it also gives [u]health regen[/u] for a short time as well. All these posts proclaiming warlocks are inferior in PVP are just silly.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                    • Edited by blade329: 12/2/2019 4:18:50 PM
                      [quote]Nova warp was far too heavily nerfed and aside from hand held super nova the class is just not viable.[/quote] Uh, this is baloney. You aren't using the right builds, man. Middle tree voidwalker with Contraverse Hold, and certain perks, gives you a large supply of handheld super nova's to lay waste with. I've been using it heavily in PvP. It's OHK city with these things. The super is just icing on the cake, not the main point. You have to just be a little careful where ya pop it. [quote]Warlock base melee speed still slower causing us to lose all melee battles even if we melee first.[/quote] It's true, but you really don't need strong melee attacks when they have such good grenades. This is the only class that has good grenades.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                      • I literally played with a guy getting double kills with supernova and contraverse hold, warlocks literally have one of the best grenades in the game. Just because you cant use it doesn't make it trash. Crying about healing, has devour 😂 And dront bring up wormhusk, its trash and arc battery will be gone in a few days.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                        • Contraverse Hold Ophidian Aspect Transversive Steps Wings of Sacred Dawn (potentially) Getaway Artists Starfire protocol (for double healing nades very underrated) Not all OP but they are great exotics

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                          • I swear you are the whinniest Warlock main I've ever seen. I just can't take you seriously. For every good point you have, there's an equally if not worse point. Don't bother responding because I've seen how you "discuss" and it can be boiled down to "No shut up. I'm right you're wrong."

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Bungie’s crucible is entertainment not competitive. There are very serious games out there if you want to compete. Bungie’s Destiny clearly isn’t one of them. In fact every single skilled Destiny streamer moved to more trending games long ago and never came back. You know, because 5k views is better than 100 scrubs who only want to get carried.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • I don’t know if any instant heal exotic for hunters. Basically all I play with some time on warlock. I’ll let you in on a secret. In PvP I just use normal gear and not I’m near invisible broken builds. Just normal thrown together suit then fight. Use gun and perk skills and love on.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • Crazy how you’ve never mentioned chaos reach and it’s problematic mechanics in pvp

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                  • *sips coffee* Pretty much this. Also: can we NOT have our Cataclysm Nova Bomb be destroyed by enemy supers? It doesn't happen with any other One And Done super. At the very least have it be destroyed but let the seekers do their thing.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                    • [quote]One eyed mask is getting the over shield regen removed yet not one Warlock exotic will still be as powerful as this one for PVP. It will still allow full healing after winning a gunfight against someone who has damaged the Titan, it will still grant tracking through walls and it will still apply increased damage against opponents. (Warlocks don't even have three exotics to combine together to achieve this kind of effect.) Are Warlocks going to get an exotic like this that allows us to heal after every engagement we win and see through walls and get increased damage? I doubt it. Am I asking for that to be given to us? No however if the Titans and Hunters are going to continue to possess the ability to wear an exotic that allows for instant healing on any class then we should have them too. (If anyone mentions the rift as a counter point they can shove it) Placing a rift takes time and has a long recharge rate without specific builds. Also don't bother mentioning devour because that isn't due to an exotic, requires a grenade to sacrifice and also is only available on one tree of a sub class. (Sounds like a serious disadvantage in the exotic selection department for the Warlocks to me) We now have to sacrifice our top tree grenade in order to gain in air accuracy? Sounds pretty weak considering we are meant to be king of the skies. Along with this we now have no way to regen our grenades through in air kills. Vortex Nova still needs a larger blast radius and lance or shatter options. Nova warp was far too heavily nerfed and aside from hand held super nova the class is just not viable. (I would say the melee is great but it's so inconsistent with its secondary blast in conjunction with our slower melee speed that it's just not enough to justify using this subclass) Warlock base melee speed still slower causing us to lose all melee battles even if we melee first. You have mentioned nothing about bottom tree Dawnblade, What about Phoenix dive sucking and this class having zero neutral game at all? Our movement options for PVP suck and we want something that is as good as a hunters double or triple jump (Just make a new Warlock version cos being a floating target is ass for PVP) We have double Icarus dash coming on top tree Dawnblade (Which a lot of us are looking forward to) however our movement across all other classes and trees is seriously lacking for PVP. Blink absolutely sucks without using an exotic helmet. Warlocks are decent in PVE (Not amazing anymore now we have a well of Radiance that is less beneficial than the bubble and Lunafactions worse than they once were.) My question to you bungie is this. Will Warlocks ever be on even footing as a choice for PVP? If not why? And are you willing to change that? (Anyone about to pipe up with "Warlocks are meant to be a support class and a PVE focused class" can just stop right there, because that's not what the lore suggests or how their abilities are geared) Yes they can support in some ways however this is not some box I am okay with being forced into on a class that should be just as good (On even footing) in PVP with Hunters. I know it was a rant but it's still valid points.[/quote] The waaaaaambulance is on its way!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • Lol if u don't like using a warlock then use a Titan or a hunter

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                        • Not sure if you are a Hand Cannon Guardian, but Crimson is a wonderful weapon, especially Masterworked, to pair Cruel Remedy with Devour.

Posting in language:

• One word for you : “Devour”

Posting in language:

• Wah wah wah.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                                          • I would luv to see a warlock exotic that gives a plus ten to stability

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                          ;
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon