JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Isolgrac: 11/18/2019 8:39:53 PM

Make all forges accessible all of the time

[EDITS BELOW] First up - the new node added with shadowkeep in the EDZ to launch forges from orbit is GREAT. Saves so much time if you want to do some bounties, overall a brilliant idea. However, if you need to access a specific forge for a quest (Izanagi's Burden, Niobe Labs) then you sometimes have to wait weeks to access the right forge and if you forget or can't that week, you have to wait another 4 weeks. So, it would be great if we could still access any forge we like at any time. Whether you do this by making all forges available from free roam again or (probably the best way to do it) put a mini menu on the forge node like the selectors for nightfalls etc. that lets you choose exactly which forge you want to complete. Either would be great. Thanks again Bungie for creating such a great game and such a great community. [EDIT] Thanks to 'Chief Bill 13' and 'VikingWally69' in the comments. I was incorrect to say forges rotated weekly, they do indeed rotate daily. With this in mind my suggestions above are definitely not as vital as I first made them out to be - my bad. Being able to choose any at anytime could still be a nice change at some point but I definitely and whole-heartedly appreciate Bungie has bigger fish to fry. Thanks again Bungie + community :) [EDIT 2] After an awesome discussion with 'icetea07' in the comments where they brought up the point that making [i]all[/i] forges open to matchmaking [i]all[/i] the time could have a negative effect on players (i.e. loading times), we came to a good conclusion. The best way to implement a change could be to keep the daily rotator as it is now and then make the rest of the forges available all the time with matchmaking turned off. This way, players can always access a specific forge if they need to while players who don't need a specific forge can quickly and easily enter the activity. Another example of how utterly brilliant this community is!!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
    Hey all, Having the forges all collapsed into a single playlist helps matchmaking times - with all players on one node, you won't have to wait to be matchmade (or go in alone) We'll continue to monitor feedback over how Black Armory content could be improved, forge rotations included!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

108 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon