JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
11/8/2019 11:36:21 AM

Suddenly my network is no longer worthy?

I just come to think of it, all the error messages that I have been getting after the last maintenance, are all pointing to a weak internet connection and that is also what it states in the game as I try my best to get in. So..... since three other messages of mine have not yet gotten any reply, let's try it in this section. Played Destiny before the maintenance and had no problems what so ever. BUT... on the day of the maintenance itself it began giving me messages about that I was on a "strict NAT" setting. It took me a little but I managed to set that straight... so I thought. I got in... for about 15 minutes and then... plug was again pulled on me. All I get now is error messages that have everything to do with veggies but deliver no real solution. It just states... "Your internet is crappy and we do not want to deal with that" apparently. Strange. I would like at least to speak with one of Bungie's people to have a solid logical explanation on this. Cause I have no problem with other games... so why is it that a game (which is really good to play) is giving me this pain? And even weirder is... I have three other people that I know that play Destiny with me, one of them has lower internet then me and she gets in fine! Apparently, something went very wrong when I got booted from the mission Thumos the Unbroken. I do not know but... I would like at least a bit of an answer and I would really like to play it again since I have just bought the two missing DLC's the day before I got locked out! So come on Bungie people... help a gamer out here... :)
English
#Help #Networking

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Is less about bandwidth and more about latency. Game only needs around 1mbps bandwidth in both directions, but your latency needs to be consistently low without packet loss issues. Could be a routing issue that cropped up suddenly... It happens from time to time, and the ripple effect can take weeks to clear sometimes, depending on what the root cause was. Power everything down for a few minutes... not standby or hibernation, but a full shutdown. Unplug the modem and the router as well. If this is a console, unplug it's power and hit the power button a few times to make sure the capacitors are drained of power. Wanting to clear as much cached info as you can from the hardware side. Then power up the modem... wait until the lights stabilize and looks like it normally would, then boot the router fully in the same way. Bring your system up and try again. If you aren't getting internet, the router may not Have synched right with the modem... rebooting it should resolve that. If issues still persist, there may be something your ISP needs to look into. Run the latency test at testmy.net: https://testmy.net/latency Click the icon with the eye on it to run all the tests back to back. Watch what the line graphs are doing. If they are continually spiking really high and you keep getting high deviation numbers, then you may have a latency/jitter problem for your ISP to investigate. Each of the individual test graphs will note the address it tested, so you can look closer at that particular route (run traces and such)... sometimes a certain exchange point is a common denominator they can look at. There is another batch ping test you can run at dslreports.com for extra comparison as well: http://www.dslreports.com/tools/pingtest Yes, I know many of the test locations are a long way away and the core latency will be too high for the game... what you are testing for is the consistency of the latency. If there is too much jitter or packet loss, the game will boot you. Also need to make sure your local network is in line with Bungie's network guide: https://www.bungie.net/en/Support/Troubleshoot?oid=12915

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • Other games do not use p2p as Destiny does it requires a stable connection. I am no expert on these matters but we do have some very tech-savvy people who are. To enable those people to help you troubleshoot could you provide information to the questions below and do a test at the link provided and type your results in with your reply. [url=https://www.speedtest.net/]Test Here[/url] Are you getting errors? How many gaming platforms use your router? How many people are using your connection? Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon