JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
11/8/2019 3:30:24 AM

This weeks NF and how YOU can help guardians

So I ran a 920 NF today and I didnt pay any attention to score farming prisms and cores(almost a full set of mw gear) anyway... We scored over 100k and go figure(not the pulse) I dismantle my pinnacle gear. Regardless.. If you're close to 100k hold off on the boss for a bit kill adds and once its 100k go balls to the wall. I say this because your normal farm could be with a solo player like myself who doesn't have the chance to get that pinnacle gear. Its a nice gesture and I'll continue doing it for other guardians..well because you all are my family and i think the community lost sight of that for a bit.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Two in a row today within a few points because some halfwit supers the boss and then idiots don't even pick up orbs after. Pick up the damn orbs!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Why farm the 920 when the 980 is so easy?? No communication with 3rd, little with friend who had kid in his arms, no izanagi, >170k. This low number is only explained by the fact that the 3rd got fed up of waiting for the score to go below 100k. It becomes really easy if you go in with novalocks with oppressive darkness on.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Hmm a nice guardian that wants to help others. I love you kind soul. Destiny needs people like you. Hell I need people like you on my friends list. Cheers my friend

Posting in language:

matthewjg7789
        matthewjg7789

Playing Destiny 2 - old

[quote]So I ran a 920 NF today and I didnt pay any attention to score farming prisms and cores(almost a full set of mw gear) anyway... We scored over 100k and go figure(not the pulse) I dismantle my pinnacle gear. Regardless.. If you're close to 100k hold off on the boss for a bit kill adds and once its 100k go balls to the wall. I say this because your normal farm could be with a solo player like myself who doesn't have the chance to get that pinnacle gear. Its a nice gesture and I'll continue doing it for other guardians..well because you all are my family and i think the community lost sight of that for a bit.[/quote] Yeah. I just hopped into like 4 random runs of the nightfall and hit 100k+ casually. Not to bad of a nightfall and plenty of points to get.

Posting in language:

• I had two guys BOTH running double auto rifles, BOTH with anti-barrier rounds on each one. NOBODY can help them... lol.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • The multiplier is x1.44 this week. How are they deciding this? Is it random? Or is it chosen to [i]just[/i] keep you from 100k? If so, it didn't work this week 😃👍

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Haha. Rando's 942. Rando is in the NF with OP. Rando screams into his headset in rage to OP 'KILL THE FREAKIN BOSS!' OP proceeds to get 100k. Rando misses out on the pinnacle drop he would have gotten at 950+ later in the week. Rando cries in the bathroom for 20 minutes while OP makes a post about helping others get 100k. [spoiler]HAHA! just joking but seriously this is actually a thing[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by Silver X 137: 11/9/2019 4:48:39 AM
              Silver X 137
              Silver X 137

No Longer picking fights here. 😎 - old

Me and my friend have been farming the 920 NF like crazy helping randoms get 100k...My advice for NS Hunters, rock Orpheus Rigs and when you get to the room with the four knights kneeling, kill them and the champions, pop your tether when the thrall start swarming. Next tether should be used on the “Wanted” wizard/shielded ogre area (aim the tether on the floor behind the Wizard). Next, Clear the adds before completely destroying all the ogre crystals, then pop your tether on the Ogre and any leftover/fresh spawned adds...Don’t go hard on the ogre, smash him with weaker weapons so that the tethered adds die first. Now for the boss encounter...Wait till the boss enters it first “shield” phase and hang out the right and wait for the portal to open, pop the tether on the floor next to the boss so that it snatches the thralls spawning keep killing the thralls so that your tether stays active and you’ll be refilled with a Fresh Super (have the other two guardians running around killing everything else while protecting you from them). Once the thrall stops spawning proceed to the “DPS” phase, after DPS phase, repeat the same steps as earlier but this time when you use your tether and it refills your Super, use it again and bank your 3rd one...Proceed to the next DPS phase and when it comes back to Final Shield phase, pop your tethers in the same spot as they become available, keep doing it until you either hit 100k, thrall stop spawning, or timer gets too close to 15 minute mark (whichever one you choose). Enjoy your 100k and rewards :) Side note: Carry a Recluse (Anti-Barrier) and Leviathan’s Breath, also I have Max intellect so please be aware that the Super recharge rate will vary based on your character’s Intellect stat even with Rigs. (Sorry for the wall of text)

Posting in language:

• The 980 level is very easy this week... ez farming

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • nah just get that boring crap over in the fastest possible way 90% of the activities in this game are stuff we've already repeated a zillion times, getting a score on NF is just meaningless and tedious

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • I totally ruined this yesterday wiped the ogre ASAP and then put two quick rockets in nokris to finish it off with adds everywhere... we had 92,000 🤦‍♂️.

Posting in language:

• Won’t make any difference.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Big Worm: 11/8/2019 9:40:24 PM
                  This is actually the second or third NF you could score 100k in the 920 if you actually play it right and don't burn anything down too quick. In the room you kill the Ogre, if you don't melt him right away, he spawns more enemies around him to kill for extra points too -- most people just wipe him instantly and lose out on those. As long as you let the boss spawn all the enemies in all 3 phases of the boss fight, that's how you get a lot of the points needed to score high enough. Another key -- or really hope -- is your teammates run master-worked weapons for orb creation. Wendigo is huge help too because you get points for each orb picked up and you can continue to pick up orbs and score those points if you don't want to burn your super right away or aren't in a good position to just yet. I have hit the 100k twice already and it felt pretty good to accomplish this with randoms and no communication. Honestly, accomplishing things with randoms and no mics has always felt better than just running the easy cheese meta in a group.

Posting in language:

• Cool - I got SO close last week (97k), so it's nice to know it wasn't a fluke.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Yeah same here I just need to get two more armor pieces that are energy 8 to Masterwork and I will have a full set on my titan

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • Wait a minute, we can get 100k on 920 level this week? Wow that's easy then!

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • Nice gesture?? We are talking about the same community right where people only care about their own ass lol

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Well done, I haven't been able to get 100k from a 920 NF and most of the times I play a 920 NF I'm matched with people who don't know what they're doing.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                          • Yea getting 100k on the NF this week is a breeze on 920. The plethora of Champions help

Posting in language:

• So what you're saying is if you see the score getting close to 100k you should wipe?

Posting in language:

• What? Dude, maybe these people are running Hero because they don't need the pinnacle drop yet.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon