JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
11/7/2019 8:14:54 PM

A new idea for Xur.

Can he: - Sell 3 Legendary weapons - From forsaken and onward - As their curated versions each week. Idea stolen by Reddit

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• He should just sell the Trials of the Nine armor and weapons while the design team makes some new ones for whenever Trials does return.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • Can he sell ornaments to?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • [quote]Can he: - Sell 3 Legendary weapons - From forsaken and onward - As their curated versions each week. Idea stolen by Reddit[/quote] Why not add shaders and ornaments as well? Kinda tired of getting the same “random” armor week after week, might as well make him worth visiting again.

Posting in language:

• The engram gave me another weapon this week. Always fecking weapons! Arbalest this time. The search for decently stat rolled exotic armour continues...

Posting in language:

• Stupid that he only sells the collection rolls now.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
        • In a world of limited chances and RNG he was the safety net that let unlucky people get an exotic that just wouldn't happen naturally. I know for veterans he's close to useless at this point, but for newer players he's working as intended. He's the guy who fills in the RNG holes, I'm OK with that. Everything could use more, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see him have something more useful (like glass needles when there's three elements of armor and RNG stat rolls). I'm just saying Xur is working for what it's designed for.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Edited by gracklepod: 11/9/2019 1:21:42 AM
            bungie -blam!-s up and xur sells all raid weapons...

Posting in language:

• No

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • It’d be cool if he sold a random weapon ornament like he did in D1. I doubt that’ll happen though with eververse

Posting in language:

• Anything that can make him useful beyond his current & mostly useless role to anyone that's been playing the game for a while. I really miss the thrill of Xur being at the Tower and running around trying to find him to see what he had, knowing it could be pretty much any exotic in the game. Doing that again... well that would mean I'd be hunting for him weekly instead of forgetting he's even in the game...

Posting in language:

• Hear me out! i believe this should happen to xur, ( nothing bad at all towards the character ) or maybe give him a new updated look wouldn’t be so bad. so here’s what i think would benefit for new players and veterans. xur should have daily bounties for the time he is here Friday - Monday, for prism cores and bright dust. exotics / keep the way they are, randomize rolls. but for those who don’t do raids and stuff should have to pay a certain amount of legendary shards or enchainment cores for weapons that can only be achieved in raids ( yes i know this can be bad in many ways but also thinking of those who don’t have the ability to learn the way we do when it comes to raids ) ( not being offensive / sorry if i was ) exotic quest ( kinda like quest that other vendors give you ) that you missed out on if that, i can’t remember what quest was timed to finish for the exotic weapon. but for those who want to choose to work on certain exotic quests and not have to be rushed would be awesome! ( if you don’t that’s cool too lol) and vendor icon to be put back on the destinations. pretty sure everyone knows where he mostly goes when he is here and location, and location but he isn’t a mystery anymore. so putting him back on the map would be great because idk why they took it off in the first place. Thanks!

Posting in language:

• I like it. I also think he needs material exchanges, and as someone just recently mentioned, glass needles for exotics. Dude needs to be relevant again.

Posting in language:

• [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9l_XYNYczI]Is this Xur?[/url]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Where is he? Seems like he isn't relevant any more.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Xur, like so many things in the game, is such a wasted opportunity. Bungie could think up all kinds of odd and exotic things for him to sell. I mean the dude is a freaky alien representing other freaky aliens, WHY does he just sell the same three pieces of gear and a weapon every week? Why isn’t he selling crazy artifacts that give us strange but not game breaking abilities for a short time, or let us earn resources from doing weird things, or cosmetic items for our ships and sparrows (like he USED to). I know making games takes work, but if you’re going to hype your game as something special, then do what you need to do to MAKE it special.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Edited by Damn Im Cam: 11/8/2019 8:15:29 AM
                    Maybe sell Nightfall specific drops ONLY if you reached 100k? My rng sucks. And I still don't have several of the NF specific drops. Just an idea. Edit: or maybe a boon it token for that Nightfall to drop it's specific item. Edit: fixed my stupid autocorrect

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • As long as it isn't always guaranteed to be one of the weapons everyone wants then for sure.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Who is Xur? You mean that merchant from resident evil 4 who was tricked by Bungie? That guy who was trading nice goods in exchange of in-game currency? Talk to eververse, she’s been working hard under Bungie’s tables to push him away.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I get the feeling Xur was abondoned content and it's not anyone's job to upgrade him.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • I think he would be useful if he sold an ascendant shard and a rotating enhanced mod each week. Or maybe a quest for them. Right now he is pretty much useless except to newer players who don't have every exotic. Until they fix the collection exotics he sells to be better stats and stat rolls, he isn't worth the time.

Posting in language:

• Actually think Xur is currently works fine. Most people need armour 2.0 version of exotics and faded engram is a good roll of the dice to get one they want. Lots of new and returning players need to boost their exotic collection so can also pick up the rotating exotics every week.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                            • Either curated or something along similar lines. Don't get me wrong, curated drops always kick donkey, but, they don't always have the rolls i want. To boost another idea ("stolen" obviously), once all possible exotic weapons have been obtained by the account, the rest of Fated Engrams should be exotic armor because between the various stats you wanna max _and_ total possible points, the first few tries won't work and pulling from Collections is bull____ (read: not worth the mats).

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Hell even 1 would be amazing!!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • Another good way to shorten the grind in the game. I think they are trying to make the game be more of a grind.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                  • sell item to change armor elemental affinity sell item to reroll stat points on armor.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • He is Xur, Xur Sells Exotics, He Has Since D1.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon