JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline today for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Rufas-1: 11/5/2019 2:38:24 PM

REMOVE the increasing cost to reset the artifact

The ever increasing cost to resetting the artifact is just stupid. You give us a cool way to experiment with cool, powerful mods but then you hose us by making the cost to reset it increase each time, and not by an insignificant amount. My next reset will cost 50k glimmer. I'm fine with there being a cost associated with it, but at least keep it a constant 20k glimmer. ─────────────────────────────────── EDIT: Thanks for all the feedback and upvotes everyone. To those who feel resetting the artifact isn't that important I will add that the main columns that I typically want to change are the last 2 which contain armor mods that relate to specific subclasses. We should not be penalized for wanting to switch subclasses and use artifact mods that relate to your newly selected subclass. Example: I was running Arcstrider and had my artifact set up with arc mods. I then wanted to run Nightstalker for a different activity. To use the void related artifact mods would require a reset of my artifact. To those who feel it's easy to get glimmer I would say that depends on how much time you have to play the game, and how many times you want to reset your artifact. Yes, Spider does sell glimmer, however it's not always available for shards and not everyone has tons of planetary materials. 10-20k may not be too bad to farm for if you need it, but 100k is a lot to farm for. I for one, do not want to interrupt my limited game time to farm glimmer. Friend: Hey, lets run the Pit. Me: Nah, I need to farm glimmer because I want to switch subclasses for it. I just think it's unnecessary to have the reset cost escalate each time. There is no valid reason for it that I can think of, especially since it costs to slot them anyway.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I completely agree. This is Bungie punishing people for wanting to play the game. Yes, I know they want people to think about their loadout, but in Season of the Splicer, there are different activities I would like to do with one load out, but then when I go back to raid need to go back to the other. I just wish this was a fixed price. Sure, it can cost a lot, like 50k Glimmer, but why keep escalating costs? Shouldn't playing Destiny be fun? Shouldn't we be able to play the game as we like? Bungie: "NO! You must play the game the way Luke Smith intends. It is not to be fun, it is to be a grind. F#(% You!"

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Kouz_MC: 11/4/2019 6:21:10 AM
    I’m at 100k on each characters. At Bungie, we like to give players the choice! We want players to use one doctrine, one loadout, one grenade, one super, one strat, as a meaningful choice!!! Edit after reading other comments: why would there be a damn reset? Why can’t we simply allocate points for free. Why do we have to change it all? Is that time spent content we should be happy not to have to pay for?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
    • It shouldn't require reset. Just make it so we can unlock them all at once.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • My dude go to the spider and spend a couple of shards on glimmer you should have some

Posting in language:

5 Replies
        • Edited by Atreuss: 11/5/2019 12:52:34 PM
          Three things I would like to see adjusted 1) the relic reset cost removed. 2) the cost to slot mods removed. 3) Energy cost on certain mods adjusted. Some use way too much energy. Oh yeah...Bungie's all about pay how you want to play. So much for freedom. 😂 Why did we need a glimmer cap? Mine hardly ever goes over 100k with this system now and the high cost of everything.

Posting in language:

• I’ve never seen so many -blam!- in one place. Maybe just pick the mods you want the first time and be happy with it? How -blam!-ing indecisive can you be?

Posting in language:

9 Replies
          • Upvoted!

Posting in language:

• Don't worry, Glimmer will be for sale in Eververse soon....

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • This is one thing I’ve been begging to get noticed! At the very least, make it reset back to normal with each reset!!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Just wait....soon it will cost glimmer to use an ability. Can you see the pop up in an activity? Do you want to spend 5k glimmer to use that grenade? Do you want to spend 10k glimmer to use your super? 😂

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Agreed. Imagine if 2K would have done the same for borderlands 3 lol. Stupid

Posting in language:

• You should be able to reset individual nodes for 500 glimmer. It's stupid to limit experimentation. It just encourages meta-only play.

Posting in language:

• Even better, allow us to unlock all mods. Then resetting isn’t even required.

Posting in language:

• everything cost so much glimmer. I have less virtual currency than I do in real life. rip.

Posting in language:

• That's a developer wanting you to waste time and log hours. It isn't intended to be anything else. Stop supporting this game.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • Bungie: we want you to feel the choice to not be able to play the game the way you want. We want you to feel the freedom of monochrome gameplay, with no alternative to power but one and only one character, one doctrine, one grenade, one weapon. Because at Bungie, one way means your freedom. [spoiler]Sounds like typical dem talking about poverty in the world. Oh wait, that’s precisely who they are and what they do[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Yes please, it really is pointless to increase glimmer cost, it just solely annoys pretty much.

Posting in language:

• This is the same crappy thing as cores from spider. Instead of getting cheaper like in a real economy, it multiples! What are we buying a diminishing resource? Stuff like this is really feeling like more wasted time & effort, did you forget about last year so fast?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Edited by juaneeapplesauce: 11/2/2019 1:49:10 AM
                      I hate to be “that” guy but it’s just glimmer, go buy some from spider or pop a rainmaker and farm escalation. It’s not the end of the world. Also why are you resetting so much? Each mod explains what it does and there’s videos out there that showcases them.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • Edited by GavelGaffle: 11/2/2019 9:27:08 PM
                        or give us a way to unlock more than 12, or have it brought back down to 10k each weekly reset. Its ridiculous to penalize us every time we switch between activities. When I want to go do a 100k nightfall, certain builds will be optimal but if I want to go play crucible after ill just have to switch again. So instead of constantly experimenting with different builds everyone just deals with it and doesnt reset which is a bad way to limit your players.

Posting in language:

• I think the artifact should just unlock everything all the time. You can't stack things due to energy cost any ways. It's just a video game. Let us have fun.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        • it should be free to reset the "temporary" artifact.

Posting in language:

• 50k glimmer is a lot?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          • I haven't even reset mine yet how many times did you reset yours?

Posting in language:

LasT ClowN DowN
                            LasT ClowN DowN

Motorcyclist out of armor. - old

If you need to reset that often you have a problem.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            • Edited by aTonOfSquirrels: 11/2/2019 5:01:12 PM
                              Honestly, after unlocking the barrier and overload perks for handcannons and autos I don’t even really care about the artifacts mods. I unlocked a few for builds I’ve seen online but hardly run those builds anyway. For me the artifact doesn’t change the gameplay enough to matter in the game. It feels like it needs a general overhaul if Bungie wants it to be integral to the game. Edit: why even have an artifact as another item on the screen; this could have all been incorporated into the Ghost and all shells just ornaments.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon