JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/21/2019 6:19:58 PM

Antaeus wards a fun perk that doesn’t work

Antaeus wards is probably one of my favourite exotic on paper. However, when you are in the game it is awful. The registration of the reflection either doesn’t work or works yet you still take damage after you reflect. I don’t know if this is how it should be or if it’s bugged but can you make it clear wether you should take damage or not. The amount of times I have clearly reflected anything yet still died even after I can see the projectile going is uncountable. Please Bungie fix Antaeus wards.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • The perk wasn't made to make you a god. As soon as you deflect the damage, that in game item becomes yours, and you take damage from your own attacks. When you deflect something, aim up higher than usual, and the blast won't be thrown in your face. Also, it reduces damage, but doesn't negate it. I've tested it with many, many things, and used them mostly during LoW meta, cause it would shut down someone with it. With supers: It can eat a tether, bounce back one set of blade barrage, i think bounce a nova. It can deflect a golden gun and one shot them, deflect a dawnblade and one shot them, Hammers can easily be deflected, but be careful of a sunspot, you take considerable damage from all of these (Or die). Fusions don't work because there is a small gap between you and the shield, so you can deflect one bolt, but the other eight just fly into you, behind the shield, especially if you're sliding at the enemy. Shotguns get deflected back at the enemy, and you lose about half health, a slideways shotgun pairs well with this exotic. Rockets, Gl's, and guardians grenades and throw able melees all readily deflect, just don't aim down or you take the damage anyway as it explodes at your feet. I've tested, and abused these for a long time now. They're a skill based exotic that are well balanced and would be hell if they were simplified. Practice more or put on another exotic.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon