JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/12/2019 10:14:38 PM

Whatever you are doing for matchmaking for Freelance Survival... I'll take more of that

Warning - positive post. The matchmaking and even team balance is the best I've seen in Destiny. I'm still only winning about 45% (i.e. I'm not happy because I'm suddenly stomping), but Iv'e had so many close matches that it really feels fair most of the time. The new Glory system is a big improvement for solo players for sure, Well done guys

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• yeah nope, totally disagreeing here. I've won like 1 match over the past 20. I know i'm not great, but I just keep getting put up against people that are much better than me.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Meanwhile 3v3 matchmaking is the worst is ever been

Posting in language:

• Yes, Yea, and Yes! As someone who stayed clear of comp because of a very negative experience. I'd have to say they got it right this time. I have a 0.91 kd lifetime in comp. I decided to give the freelance mode a go yesterday and it was a pleasant experience. I went 11-7 and went from 0 - 2200 all in 4hrs. FINALLY GOT THE RECLUSE! THANK YOU BUNGIE!

Posting in language:

• Agreed. Best comp playlist by far.

Posting in language:

• I cannot disagree more. The majority of my matches in freelance have me matched up with teammates who are far below both my and the enemy team's skill level. There are also games where I am the one stomping, but they are not nearly as common as when Bungie throws trash on my team. Even games are incredibly rare. I've begun to suspect that bungie's matchmaking is rigged to balance out a 50/50 win loss ratio, but that's just a conspiracy theory of mine because I don't like to think that bungie is really that incompetent as to make a system that matches 0.09 ka/d trash cans in the 4k glory range.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
    • Hard disagree, at 4500 I should not be getting .92's with 0 glory on my team

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • stuck at only 40 glory after 8 games, gave up on getting recluse

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • I disagree, I always play against bigger teams that run together with a titan going in front etc. I have 38% winrate. I hate the matchmaking. I play lots of other games and the matchmaking in this game is just insanely bad compared to them. This is the destiny 2 matchmaking in a nutshell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeDdU6eqfE This is the destiny 2 gambit experience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6njMtVNMnno

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • On the whole I've enjoyed it, been going positive in most matches and finding the challenge better instead of being constantly pub stomped by full teams. Also not really had to deal with players leaving now.

Posting in language:

• I mean, it would be great if people didn't quit after losing 1 round leaving it a 1v3...

Posting in language:

• All my freelance games are close I get 2 kill feeders who go 0.5 while I go 3.5+ and play against 3 sweats that get fed supers....

Posting in language:

• Edited by IIRodeoClownII: 10/13/2019 7:40:18 PM
            My games have had me up against / and with players over 5000 glory yet I'm only at 400 ish. Doesn't seem good to me.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by Kind of Mind: 10/14/2019 12:05:06 AM
              Yup. Solo freelance matchmaking is a good step foward. It only took 2 + years! In all simplicity, its the fact that solos are not stacked against clans or fireteams of 3 or 4. If you put a party of 3 players who are communicating with Mics against the opposite solos who are not using mics then automatically, they will have the upperhand and teamshooting advantage. This problem could be solved if Bungie makes Open mics. Like in Apex legends, players start the game with chatting available right at the beginning. Theres no need to enable teamchat/fireteam chat or whatever. You can hear players on your tv if youre not wearing a mic. AND you can mute players if you dont want to hear them. This makes communicating and talking to the other players more accessible and improves team play. Bungie needs to start each pvp match with open mics to increase team play so solos can chat and take on stacks in other pvp modes. Why this is not done already is beyond me... The skill level in freelance still feels the same to me. But i honestly notice there is less hand holding and herding in freelance.

Posting in language:

• Agree, i just hope Comp Control/Clash returns occasionally because having such small chances to get hand cannon kills are a bit of a bummer, and i do regret not grinding the kills in previous seasons.

Posting in language:

• Yeah I’m actually not a fan. Since they did the matchmaking fix I have yet to match against people that are around my rank. Either 2k above or below

Posting in language:

Whopping Dingers
              Whopping Dingers

Your friendly below average PvP player🙂 - 11/13/2019 1:23:13 PM

Mythic two onwards is brutal. I went from 4100 - 4600 about 5 times before I had to call it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Did I mention you need a HC?!

Posting in language:

• Just make sure you equip a HC or you will fail

Posting in language:

• Made it to legend because of the freelance mode. Picked up not forgotten as well. Only 2 more times and I get the title. Been my goal sincef it was released and had no way to do it without a fire team. Can and will now.

Posting in language:

• The changes to the scoring system where good, and so is the option to play solo. In theory more players now have access to pinnacle weapons, so more people might try to get them which should result in faster queue times and better connections, but i still found myself in far too many laggy games because the matchmaking is based on skill and it limits the amount of players i can be matched with. It’s also a bit weird that we have ranks that are kinda meaningless now, you can get a game with 0 and 5500 glory players in the same lobby if they have the same skill rating. Also the team balancing is all over the place, as it usually is in this game, often enough the game expects you to carry a player that is basically only capable of sprinting towards the enemy team and eats up all of your lives as a result. I at also gets boring playing nothing but Survival so i would prefer either a mix of modes, or that the mode rotated weekly.

Posting in language:

• Just dont jump in classic mix. Yikes

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Edited by Yuno: 10/14/2019 2:23:04 PM
                  I agree. Bungie made it less competitive this season. you rank up twice as fast, you hardly lose points and you only lose parts of a win streak, and matchmaking seems all over. But who cares about it being competitive at this point, it never was and never will be. I say make the playlist easier and let people get what they want which is exactly what they did. .

Posting in language:

• I’m not sure, it would obviously be ridiculous to win every match but sometimes I am paired with potatoes against a significantly better team

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Idk I keep getting the sweatiest people in every mode except control. In comp everyone I get is all running dustrock with luna or nf.

Posting in language:

• I think pvp is at it's worse since d1 again. To much special ammo that it's literally all you see. I dont even see people using their handcannons because there is so much special in the game. Also match making is terrible. I cant get past 3600 glory because I'll get such bad players and it's not their fault. It's just I get them on my team and I'm facing people better then me. It's like I dont know if bungie thinks I can double carry or what but there is literally nothing I can do. And going in with a team. No thanks. I face people who do nothing but pvp. And I'm just doing it for the nf quest but Its impossible for me to get there. I'm a good pvp player. But I'm not a god. I just wish they would stop messing pvp up

Posting in language:

• 2200. As I suspected. Get to Mythic and kiss your sanity goodbye.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon