JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/12/2019 6:09:14 PM

Warlock rift speed

Please increase the animation speed of laying down the rift. It's so slow.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• they don't care, we still have slow melees, nova bomb's melee still hits and doesn't do damage WE ARE DROPPING TITAN ARMORS IN RECKONING everyone saying warlocks are fine in pvp they should try to play them on console 0 movement, stormtrance is the only good roaming super, but it has a bad tree (arc web got nerfed somehow), exotics are bad, granades are bad, top tree dawnblade would be wonderful, but the dash is so short and in air accuracy on console isn't as good as pc

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

29 Replies
    • It’s not even that slow...

Posting in language:

• Edited by GenexionX: 10/13/2019 6:23:14 AM
      The deal to you people saying rift doesn't need a speed increase, we have to run away and camp to use the ability, away from everyone else. It's supposed to not only help us but our teammates, that being an argument you use, if we have to run away and camp away from our team, then it's not effective at all. (Counter Edit): both titan's and warlock's get a casting speed up on the class abilities, hunter's dodge is already balanced as is on the fronts, now we only need to speed up the other two so that aspect is balanced.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        Frèák
        Frèák

Suppressors...The True Weapon of Sorrow - old

[quote]Please increase the animation speed of laying down the rift. It's so slow.[/quote] Laughs in Titan Barricade

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • if they fix Warlock melee speed ill be a happy blinker

Posting in language:

• Edited by flyingfreshmilk : 10/14/2019 8:11:12 AM
          I'd rather swap it for a small teleport. Kind of like the hunters dodge. Or the way 50% of the pve enemies do.

Posting in language:

• I think it should be faster for these reasons: * Rifts are not Instasaves, meaning they don't instantly make you dodge out of danger or put up a wall that blocks damage * Healing Rift does not give you health upon activation; it starts to heal as soon as it's down * You can easily be OHK as you stand in a Rift

Posting in language:

10 Replies
          • But it matches our slow melee...

Posting in language:

11 Replies
            • Funny how rift has the longest cooldown of all class abilities has the longest activation can easily be one shot. Can't gain it's effects unless continually standing in said rift. Barricade second fastest cooldown. Grants invincibility frames Can close of areas. Can tank rockets and supers. Can damage other players Dodge fastest cooldown of all class abilities. Grants invincibility frames. Can live through supers. Can prevent melees from registering. Breaks aa, breaks tracking. Negates burn effects, grants invis or auto reloads any gun.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Warlock main here. I get why it’s like that. Sure I’d prefer it faster. But honestly, I would really just want it to come out my fluently. I feel like 1 out of every 4 rifts, my character will do this almost tripping stutter like motion where he starts to rift, cancels, and then I have to initiate again. In a pvp setting, those 1-2 seconds are vital and it really screws me over. And in pve, it really sucks that I could have lived through incoming damage had my tuft came out.

Posting in language:

• It's easy killing ppl in a rift they just stand there.

Posting in language:

• everyone says rift sucks til they lose a gunfight to a person playing cover and peeking with constantly regening health

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • Or just learn how to use rift 🤷‍♂️

Posting in language:

• Also make all abilities proc on double tap instead of just the hunters'.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Healing in Crucible is really strong, and Warlocks have a lot of it. All of them have slow activation times to compensate. Empowering Rift is also basically one extra shot worth of damage so your kill time is higher than others' with it, so that one is also slow to compensate. Hunter dodges are both fairly weak, unless you're running the brand new immortal dodge build with bottom tree Arcstrider, Arc Battery, and maybe Wormhusk. Even then, it's only a brief moment of extreme defense, then you're back to being squishy and unless you used it to slip behind cover you'll be vulnerable just long enough for someone to negate the Wormhusk heal anyway. And it's certainly not surviving any good Warlock super. Now as far as Titans go... yeah no they're just too strong tbh. Towering Barricade can single-handedly close off a point or a hallway, their good supers are still a little too good, and they still have One-Eyed. TL;DR: As a Warlock main myself, I feel like while the casting time is indeed very slow, it sort of has to be.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                    • Stop using Rift when you're dying.

Posting in language:

47 Replies
                      • Try using barricade first then say rift is slow. At least after the rift is down you either get healing or a weapon buff. Barricade is just a piece of paper that some body can shotgun slide through and take no damage and kill you or just bunny hop over it.... and kill you.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                        • [quote]Please increase the animation speed of laying down the rift. It's so slow.[/quote] way to slow!

Posting in language:

• Dude I say this at least once a game. So tired of disengaging to take cover and put my rift down just for them to close the gap on me and kill me before I can move or defend myself. Meanwhile titan shields are instant and Hunters Dodge allows them to not only fire as soon as they land but if they choose they can swap weapons too.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                          • As of right now it's literally the worst ability in the game. First warlock melee, then they take away Radiance, and now even our class ability is trash.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • while were at it normalize the warlock melee speed with every other class

Posting in language:

• Maybe because you are using it wrong? Titan Barricade is meant to fortify an area (jumping on a flag and placing it down). Warlock rift is to support you and nearby ally (moving behind cover and placing after a random grenade knocks your shields down). Hunter dodge is means to evade fire (dodge towards cover as an enemy is firing at you). I don’t understand why this is impossible to comprehend with all the other kids like you. [b]NOT ALL CLASSES ARE EQUAL TO EACH OTHER[/b], and if they were, then there would literally be no distinction in choosing a warlock, titan, or hunter. Learn how to play the character you chose or switch, it’s that simple.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                              • The healing needs a buff as well

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                • I think I've learnt to work around the activation time. My main issue with Rift is that if you try to cast it while moving, and you [i]happen[/i] to slide a fraction of a degree downhill, the Rift is cancelled.

Posting in language:

• I appreciate all the comments about how bad life is as a warlock main. I just switched to Titan to get all my characters to 950 and Titan in crucible is so fun!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                  • Only time I’ve ever died with rift is using it to save my skin. Now I play hunter a lot more than warlock and a good warlock that knows how to use rift is annoying. Especially in control. Barricades are easy to deal with. Just throw a grenade over it.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon