JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
10/11/2019 7:59:30 PM

After move to Steam, Random Black Screens at loading.

Since D2 came to Steam, I thought it would be a good time to jump back in (didn't play after the core game release). The first session was okay. Ah, If only that lasted. Every single session since, which is very few to none now, ends with a transition to a loading screen where the screen goes black - the music is still there, and the game basically just hangs there, still playing the music (or sfx) in a loop. I can alt-tab, but the game cannot be closed because it sits in front of any other window and will not budge and I cannot close it from any means outside of logging off. I've actually lost playtime due to this. Tried again after getting home from work today, and I didn't even get out of 'Launching' when it faded to black and that was that. Fed up. This didn't happen with Battle.nets version - at least back in the original release. Anyone else experiencing this? I've googled but nothing recent is talked about. I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers (and uninstalled/reinstalled to no effect, and am not having this issue in any other games).

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon