JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/11/2019 4:55:29 PM
Mgamer

Transmog - Can we just be able to use all earned armor as transmog??

So there are a ton of nice armor combos I can think of, but the MAIN issue is I spent a bit grinding for the Solstice armor, only to have it be a damn arc archtype for my hunter. I need void archtype armor for my play style with my hunter, so I thought this wouldn't be a issue at all, but the armor aura that i BOUGHT from eververse is not even applicable as a transmog of other armor. Although I already disagree with the whole "only evervese items" logic, I really think this is subpar for the solstice set, which people spent hours grinding for AND purchased the glow... Can we please have the armor and the glow as a transmog option for armors. Thanks.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by kmoreira17: 10/30/2019 7:07:19 PM
    Enough of those sloppy, lazy arguments that you use to defend Bungie on this issue. Every time a topic about transmog comes up, you use the same weak arguments. Learn: - "Transmog doesn't mean you don't have to chase loot anymore." Because it does not allow you to use statistics of other items. The only damn thing he allows is for you to exchange in armor, weapons, ghosts and sparrows, the appearance you want. - "Eververse's argument becomes obsolete, it's too weak!" Players who like transmog, like variety, use the look they want. Just Bungie, keep creating beautiful Eververse items, she'll have no problem selling silver!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• i completely agree with this. its absolutely stupid that we can ONLY use PAID gear as transmog. its 2019 for ****s sake, let us have the freedom of choice.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      SWTOR makes its living this way. You can use any item you've ever earned as an appearance item. [b]EASY SOLUTION[/b] Add a "Reclaim as Ornament" option for anything you've previously collected.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • I feel that any armour set that isn't available to get anymore (trials, revelry, S7 IB) should be made into ornaments

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Tbh? Some of the white an blues are my favorite for just the worn look , tattered an beat

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Bungie: we want to make it a real rpg mmo. Players: asks for rpg mmo elements Bungie: wait no looter shooter LOOTER SHOOTER - micro transactions not our fault it’s a looter shooter.

Posting in language:

• I wish. Some of the blues are able to make your titan look like master chief:/. But alas...Everpurse.

Posting in language:

• I was against this at first but at this point we should just send it and do transmog

Posting in language:

GiantSlayer
            GiantSlayer

Also known as “Homeschool” - old

“TRANSMOGRIFICATION CENTRUM!”

Posting in language:

• How does Datto feel about it?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • That's how ESO works. I can transmog into any armor I've ever found. Destiny 2's transmog seems half-assed and solely Eververse based.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • I would kill just to transmog my armor for the remembrance iron banner armor that I used to have and delete because i thought i could get it back. Lmao

Posting in language:

• yes bungie do it pls... i want to wear titan camo suit

Posting in language:

• Edited by RichGhost77: 10/13/2019 12:24:58 PM
                Totally agree, but only cos I want to use my trials gear 👍🙂👍

Posting in language:

• [quote]So there are a ton of nice armor combos I can think of, but the MAIN issue is I spent a bit grinding for the Solstice armor, only to have it be a damn arc archtype for my hunter. I need void archtype armor for my play style with my hunter, so I thought this wouldn't be a issue at all, but the armor aura that i BOUGHT from eververse is not even applicable as a transmog of other armor. Although I already disagree with the whole "only evervese items" logic, I really think this is subpar for the solstice set, which people spent hours grinding for AND purchased the glow... Can we please have the armor and the glow as a transmog option for armors. Thanks.[/quote] god i hope so, it’d be such an easy thing to implement and its such a shame for such badass armor (some whites and blues look awesome) to go to waste. there are tons of people rallying for this on reddit and on the forums and Bungie has yet to reply. that either means two things: they are working hard on a fix or a rework for transmog, or they are effectively telling us to go -blam!- ourselves

Posting in language:

• The old raids are pretty much dead. I don't have the time, energy or interest to re-do all the old raids again while trying to keep up with FOMO disappearing seasonal content so that armor can inevitably be shitcanned in a year or so anyway. I'm not going to regrind them and then maintain [i]another[/i] set of armor just for a "look." Unlocking all sets that are/were "difficult/time-consuming" to earn as ornaments is the only reasonable course of action to respect people's time and encourage usage of diverse looks.

Posting in language:

• Edited by sxrreal: 10/13/2019 12:21:03 PM
                I always thought Destiny could do with a similar system Terraria uses for armor. Terraria allows players to use 3 armor pieces for armor purposes, but it also has a "Vanity" section where you can wear whatever you want. You could be wearing a full Solar armor set, but have the Tuxedo set over it. Edit: minor typo mistake fixed.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Edited by bigcorry: 10/12/2019 4:27:30 PM
                  I still think collections is an absolute waste of a feature when you can't do anything with it because random rolls can't possibly be pulled from it at all. Also every single aspect of a gear piece should be something we can upgrade/alter. Not exactly what you want? Cool grind to change/upgrade it while the possibility for a better drop still exists. Element should have also always been a mod slot, and not to mention everything should be 2.0 by now. I could keep going with how much potential is squandered. Too bad the people that support bungie and this game like bad design. If anything that's what gives them their coveted title of hardcore.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                  • any armor set that received an ornament needs to have that ornament applicable to every other set universally . Not exclusive to say ( IB, crucible/vanguard etc)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Fashion is the real endgame.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • I see a lot of posts saying that allowing transmog for all armor would kill the incentive to farm. I was wondering are you guys thinking on the premise that all armor would be available even if you don't own it? I know with ESO I have to farm for the gear in order to use it. With that said though I realize I have collected pretty much all armor for my main except for raid armor. So is the fear that people like me would never need to grind again? When I think of it in those terms I understand where some of you are coming from.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Bungie never ceases to astound me with shit like this. How this shit isn't already in the game is far beyond me. It would just make sense. Unfortunately, Bungie seems to be against doing things that would make sense. [spoiler]If I had to guess, it has to do with Eververse greed.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Edited by DireNazgul: 10/12/2019 8:24:47 PM
                          That's what I thought they meant originally. I was so excited, then so disappointed. At least I have one cool outfit to transmog...

Posting in language:

• "No" -Bungie-

Posting in language:

• Yet another issue bungo will simply ignore

Posting in language:

• Lol no, Bungie wants you to buy all those sweet Eververse armor sets for silver.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon