JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/11/2019 6:48:43 AM

Armor 2.0 Doesn't Feel Like It Was Necessary

I actually like the idea behind armor 2.0 but... what was the point of it? Well at least for the game I am asking this question. At no point in this game currently do I feel the need to hunt for mods, I don't need to hunt for the perfect stat rolled gear, anything I equip feels like it will clear content. I think Bungie made a cool system, but the end game itself doesn't currently support it. Activities in PvE are far too easy to break with just shear muscling of power level. If Destiny is to be an MMO, we need the end game difficulty at the very least to support armor 2.0. Right now, it doesn't.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I dont understand why I have to buy upgrade modules to infuse gear. The modules use the same materials and effectively do the same thing except now I have to buy a module first... what's the reason for adding a step? Its counterproductive.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

11 Replies
    • More freedom to make the build you want. Armor 1.0, you'd have to rely on RnG to get the armor roll you wanted, then slap a super mod on it and call it a day. The reintroduction of intellect, discipline, and strength A: gives you more flexibility in builds you wanna make. You wanna make a titan peregrine shoulder charge build? Go full strength and equip some mobility mods to make you fast af. You wanna spam nova bombs? Build full intellect and equip skull of dire ahamkara. I could go on, but the point is, you get a lot more creativity in how you build your character, especially in tandem with the new artifact. And endgame difficulty DEFINITELY supports the game. The peregrine greaves build is one of the best ways currently to do the 980 nightfall ordeal, and there are probably undiscovered builds that could do work in the raid.

Posting in language:

Master Baiter
      Master Baiter

Ape Strong Together - old

I think 2.0 is a nice addition to Destiny. Would I have done it differently? Probably. Will I elaborate? No, I’m a forum user after all, critical thinking is for those hacks who don’t use this forum.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • It should have been more like division 1’s armour system, much more streamlined.

Posting in language:

• It gives more freedom and the ability to create a build centred around exactly what you want which I wouldn’t really say is a bad thing. I agree that most of PvE could be harder but I hear those master nightfalls are pretty ridiculous

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • I rather like the ability to [i]change[/i] what perks my armor has on the fly.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • It’s not what I thought it was going to be, they fixed one problem and created another :/ Armor 2.0 was supposed to be an improvement allowing customizations but they still managed to figure out a way to make us grind for the same old stuff all over again and limit what we can do with customizations, dumb.

Posting in language:

• They fixed things that weren't broken. I love the multiple mods idea, and the artifact idea, keep those. I want them to increase the impact of the Monte Carlo, too.

Posting in language:

• this armor system feels so weird & complicated, too many numbers & stats, at least they didn't try to change the weapon system so we only gotta worry about armor

Posting in language:

• Edited by Saint-14: 10/11/2019 4:42:21 PM
            Its just even more expensive. That's it. Its not different at all, besides choosing your mods. And that stupid, unnecessary element restriction. Who thought that was a good idea? I still use my 94 mobility set from forsaken

Posting in language:

• I think that they should have made armors just a blank sheet and have the mods determine the stats and buffs they give.

Posting in language:

• If it ain't broke, dont fix it was my whole view on this

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • 2.0 is terrible, tf happened to all my mods? If you think an armor 'build' will make you better at the game then you're deluded. The old system was fine, equip armor with desired perks and add whatever mod then just play the game. Now you have mobility, resilience, recovery, intellect, discipline, strength, tied to everything. Added with mods tied to certain elements, and a even worse infusion system.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Too bad bungle will never address any negative feedback to mods 2.0

Posting in language:

• How i feel about finishers

Posting in language:

• Armor 2.0’s utility will come more into light as the endgame activities like the nightfall get increasingly difficult settings/modifiers. It’ll force you to actually build a load out for a specific purpose and muscling won’t be enough

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • It really wasn't. My old 1.0 Armor with perks and mods would still be top tier for my playstyle if it didn't automatically get penalized because it got 0 stat boosts in some categories when it was converted. All it was meant to do was curb ability regen to give Crucible some relief from the 3 to 4 Supers per match some people were getting, and to make PvE slightly more bullet spongy.

Posting in language:

• It was Bungies excuse to not make content because remember in year one when Luke stated making content is too hard?

Posting in language:

• The mods being elemental restricted sucks, the artifact not having pulse rifles included is asinine, I don't like using hand cannons in pve. Good ideas, poor implementation.

Posting in language:

• They either need to remove elemental affinity or make all armor ornaments.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by SlaveSpawn: 10/12/2019 4:35:34 PM
                    I'm a smart person but F me! I'm so lost has to how Armor 2.0 works with the whole mods - elements - energy. Ik i have to lvl energy to fit certain mods but... 2 of the 3 slots offer the same mods? Then element blocks u out of certain mods ....ugh @_@!? At this point I'm just wearing my clown armor because I'm afraid of wasting exspensive resources or even modifying my stylish set of mix matched armor I already owned in 1.0

Posting in language:

• I think this new system was a lot of resources spent overhauling stuff that wasn't broke all to extend players login time. Just think of the good content we could of had if they didn't do this.

Posting in language:

• It was a cool idea. But it’s a shame that most of my 1.0 armour was given garbage stats

Posting in language:

• You right! We had all perks or at least those we needed in our former armory. But know we have to grind for those freaking perks again. Till know I spent +5000 gunsmens material and I only jave a view and not those I need. Next are the focus related perks, etc...it’s over complicated, it’s over complexity, it is just not streamlined. On top changing mods on weapons cost 5000. They truly were trunken making all those gaming experience killer changes.

Posting in language:

• It was necessary to increase grinding of mind numbingly repetitive content.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • It just seems more complicated than it's worth. Maybe it'll get better with time..

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon