JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/10/2019 1:00:44 AM

Can we please get a solo mode for strikes and for nightmare hunts

It's annoying when your trying to do bounties in those activities and they get in the way of it. And a lot of times they take the fun out of it by trying to speed run them. Also if we could have a solo mode then that way when we get into a strike we don't end up in ones that are already half done or at the end.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• That's the biggest problem I have, everytime I go in to enjoy strikes and get bounties you can't even do that because of idiot's doing speed runs . IT'S NO FUN BUNGIE.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • I have always thought they need to add a private match mode to everything. Would sure alleviate a lot of frustration and headaches. But bungie is all about "friends". Friends are great and all, but sometimes you just want to get your sh*t done in a short amount of time with no interference. Some people only have a short amount of time to spare and do not play destiny as their job.

Posting in language:

• every activity needs optional matchmaking

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Firewall mode for strikes please. Hunts for sure need it too.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Like trying to melee kill the nightmares only to have a blueberry rocket launch it to dust.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
          • I definitely wish I had this. Too late though. I’m rank 100 already for season pass and I could have done it week one if I could solo matchmake the strike I was farming

Posting in language:

• I honestly believe the word 'optional' is literally invisible to certain individuals. Like, it doesn't exist at all to them. Take this: 'Optional Matchmaking'. They read it it: '[REEEEEEEEEDACTED] Matchmaking' True fact.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • This is almost hysterical because if it was solo, people would definitely be complaining that there is no matchmaking :)

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • Edited by SamSu916: 10/10/2019 5:56:45 PM
                Honestly meanwhile I like more options, this is a little unreasonable to ask for. It’s like asking The Witcher 3 to have multiplayer because you have a hard time killing things solo. Normally a reasonable request but since it’s a single player game at its core, it’s asking a lot to make the game multiplayer as that’ll pull resources and force them to make the game in a way they never intended. The same logic applies here for an online multiplayer game with a live service. This is one step away from asking solo mode for raids and remember they don’t make new modes by snapping a finger, they have to send in the team that does the balancing down there for a while. Since we have a bunch of weapons and multiple class synergy with everything, they’ll have to sit down and figure it out for a while instead of expanding the game that they intended to.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • You can change your clock on console to hours ahead or behind and it messes with the game and you solo queue strikes. But if a pain keep doing it but definitely works if you need to solo a strike

Posting in language:

• You can do strikes solo allready. But ok: then you have to play very early in the morning, e.g. half past 5 or something. If you do non- playlist strikes at that time, it will spawn you in there solo most of the time. Or till someone joins you. But then again: who else but me (lol) plays in the middle of the night.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Moon lost sectors ARE nightmare hunts. THEY COUNT TOWARDS LECTERN BOUNTIES. and, as always, have good day. -FPS Russia

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • double post but who cares..anyway i have been testing how to launch strikes solo both consoles and pc only way that works 9/10 is lower your power under 750 i have been playing strikes 680 and it has been me alone every time..and since everyone is boosted 750 you prob don't get matched that or just suck it up and play others..just trying to help

Posting in language:

• -blam!- yes

Posting in language:

• Edited by AlieN_x_HuMaN: 10/10/2019 11:53:56 PM
                      Need option to solo anything in the game But not cause I dont like people, because I like a challenge

Posting in language:

• Well technically there is a solo strike. Nightfall. It's just ten times harder.

Posting in language:

• If you are in PS4, set your clock back a couple of months. Instant solo queue. I do it for all bounties that are match made. Gets it done faster and I don’t spoil anyone else’s fun.

Posting in language:

• It’s a game that is literally meant for multiplayer play. I play solo 90% of the time (the other 10% is raids, can’t solo that) and get all my stuff completed. I don’t understand why people have such a hard on about not having to interact with other players.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • A lot of the time the reason this is an issue is because you are trying to get credit for nightmare kills to get supplies, etc. I dont know why for the love of all that is holy why you dont get credit for a nightmare kill as long as you have done some damage. THIS is what Bungie needs to fix.. that way when I unload all my ammo into a nightmare, joe shmo cant just come along and do a finisher and thus take your kill without you getting the needed supplies/kills.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Or you could grab a bud or clanmate or 2 and help each other knock out bounties twice as fast while shooting the shit and having fun probably takes more time to complain about it tbh

Posting in language:

• Edited by FiFFeR: 10/10/2019 5:37:51 PM
                          While I can understand not wanting to stick with a fast moving group, the nice thing about it is that you don't have to. If you want to stick back for a few and work on bounties just do that! I've been playing solo since the update, and I've had 0 problem completing a full stack of bounties in 1-2 strikes. Just prioratize them, and you will end up catching up to people that are speed running during the major parts of the strike anyway. Something to consider though, and why this isn't a feature, is because it would negatively impact the matchmaking/group content and go against the core design of a game like Destiny. And the reality is, that you will probably take more time running a strike solo working on your bounties, then the time it would take you to just do them in a group setting even if you miss out on some credit because you are with teammates. Similarly, as much of a pain as it can be to get joined into a game that is in progress, this is done simply because of the fact that people quit out. The alternative would be matchmaking where you are stuck all by yourself as soon as people quit. Personally, I much rather a system that forces me to help other players in need, and the system will do the same in the event I find myself alone in a strike. As a side note, what bounties are you having trouble with? Maybe I could offer a few tips? The only bounties that end up persisting after a strike or two are the ones for specific enemy types that I simply might not have seen in the strike.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • You can run nightfall solo ;)

Posting in language:

• There's this cool app for Destiny that allows you to find fireteam of people doing the same things you are doing. You can get in a group and finish stuff 3 times as fast. The app also let's you see your gear and even has forums you can join. You should check it out.

Posting in language:

• It's a shared world shooter.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            • Nightmare hunts will have a no matchmaking mode at 950 and 980, as for strikes I would live to see this implemented.

Posting in language:

• You have a great idea and hope your idea comes true one day, I'd like to try it

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon