JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/10/2019 12:45:39 AM
Wurm

How about adding a questline for the new players that take them to Amanda Holliday.

So many new players have NO CLUE what to do after they get to the tower. Not pushing them to her as soon as they arrive was a serious mistake that needs to be changed as soon as possible.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Nuke: 10/10/2019 12:16:45 PM
    Wtf youre kidding me... All this time my friends who jumped back on destiny after 2 years were complaining why were those campaigns removed and theyed liked to have tried them. So bungie basically moved them to a rarely visited vendor in the corner of the map with no indication what so ever to new players? Wtf bungie. Sometimes I just dont get bungie. Like what goes through devs minds when making certain changes like this. Maybe its just the 💵💵💵 going to be made from eververse. Edit: All im asking for is some markers showing new players how to access the free content. Those campaign's, zero hour, black armory and menagerie. All free but new players have no idea about them.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
      TheSpookyPhantom
      TheSpookyPhantom

What’re you looking at? - old

Like honestly, doing the main campaign and Y1 DLC first should be top priority for New Light players. Then they can go ahead and attempt everything else. Sorry, but I have gotten really tired of trying to explain how to do a Forge to people fresh out of the Cosmodrome. [spoiler]Like seriously, do you even have Ada unlocked as a vendor yet? Why are you making the forges your first activity out of the gate?[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Why is Amanda Holiday the campaign vendor in the first place? She does engineering and piloting, not tactical strategems on the warfront (do your job, Vuvuzala!).

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Good idea. As a returning player I had no idea how to start forsaken for like a week. Then I just decided to talk to amanda to grab the couple green ships and sparrows I didn’t have in my collection (the collection not existing at the time I quit so I had no reason to buy them) and found them that way. Decided to redo the whole story for a refresher. A quest to speak to her would be great.

Posting in language:

• The one flaw with New Light is that it gives players all this content without much explanation as to why it exists and why we’re doing it

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • I agree. I have played all the content from start of destiny 2, but just happened to go back to amanda and noticed the quests in her inventory. I can actually play through them again and same with forsaken stuff. I would have never known this and don't understand why bungie doesn't have something available for new players to follow.

Posting in language:

• the game could have literally had it where after the cosmodrome mission the red war starts and progression begins what a horrifyingly bad idea for them to start all new light players at 750 a better solution would be to have the game go normally

Posting in language:

• The Chaperone Quest exists.

Posting in language:

• Bungie screwed up 100% on this. New players should have started at level 1 and been allowed to play through D2 in a linear fashion. Without this the game is just a waste of time for them. This is backed up by the huge amount of players who have now quit D2 just two weeks after installing it. I said a while back that just grinding for the sake of grinding is meaningless. Now to see new players echoing those words says it all. Without progressing up to end game they have zero investment in the universe and so see the game for the shallow void it has become.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • They make you go to Eververse and look at her wares and then carefully walk you through the steps to purchase silver. Who's Amanda? Oh, her! Yeah, forget about her, Tess is clearly more important. Here's a huge flashing waypoint to Eververse.

Posting in language:

• EXACTLY. This.

Posting in language:

• Edited by RAIST5150: 10/10/2019 7:02:07 PM
              But it did (though I had already found her as I went exploring immediately). I forget what the questline was exactly, but it sent me around to the tower NPC's ... Zavala, Ikora, etc. When you start, there is a blue Destiny icon trying to point you in the right direction, and NPC's that have something for you will either pulse or have a blue icon on the map. So the game does try to prod them in the right direction... whether players are paying attention and pick up on it or not is another story.

Posting in language:

• How will them going to Amanda give them a clue on what to do in the game?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • An even bigger issue, especially for A new light players, is that to unlock the Red War, Curse of Osiris and Warmind campaigns, they actually have to get them from Amanda, yet there's no Quest way point for her like there is for Zavala then Ikora. Infact the whole A New Light game is pretty disjointed.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • New light in itself is broken.

Posting in language:

• Going free to play? Good idea. Bumping everyone to 750 and fast tracking new players so hard that they don’t even know where the old stuff is, you know, the story that you kinda need to play to understand what’s going on? Bad idea. Should’ve made it so you still need to play the Red War campaign to do anything else. Get people situated with the world.

Posting in language:

• I really don't understand how the story works for new players. They do the cosmodrome mission, fly into the new tower, then they do the red war campaign which begins at the old tower? Does the farm still come into play or is that just where you launch zero hour now?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • This NEEDS to be implemented. Seriously. I just had a Savathun's Song run with a fireteam who [i]didn't know basic core concepts like holding X to have their ghost scan something[/i]. The kind of stuff that, you know, story missions ease you into looking for.

Posting in language:

• Yeah I had no clue how to get my new guys started

Posting in language:

• What purpose does she serve new players now? She was pretty useless for us in the beginning too.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • How bout space battles. Imagine jumping in your ship and teaming up with a fleet of other guardians in a public space battle vs the hive or fallen or the darkness ships with Amanda leading the fight. Then halfway through the fight her shipped gets captured and we start a solo portion of the mission where we pull off from the battle and chase down the enemy who captured her. Board their ship, wreck everything, save Amanda then we get her back to the tower safely. After we get back, ghost transmits us back to our ship and we tell her, "I'll be right back". We completely annihilate the enemy bounce back to the tower. Marry her, make little guardian babies, and name our first born son Cayde......

Posting in language:

• Because [b]Eververse[/b].

Posting in language:

• Bungie wanted to hide the abysmal content with Amanda

Posting in language:

• Holiday has the old campaigns? There's nothing in my HUD about that...

Posting in language:

• You will get a quest for Chaperone randomly sometime. That will take you to her.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Amanda should be a worthwhile vendor in general. The second you get an Eververse sparrow/ship she's then completely pointless to visit outside of the occasional transmat trade.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon