JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
10/9/2019 6:42:48 PM

Substitutional Alloy identical-armor infusion costs an upgrade module instead of just glimmer

Title All other identical-armor infusions cost glimmer only, not upgrade modules
English
#Help #gameplay

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I noticed this too as I burned an upgrade core.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Same here. Bungie needs to fix this.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Marksman: 10/13/2019 7:16:58 AM
    This is actually a well-known bug (for players, at least). I have also posted this issue and it was unnoticed: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253850612 This bug is related to the seasonal rank reward and Vex Offensive event. It appears that armor you get from Vex Offensive chests and armor you get from seasonal ran reward are being considered as different armor sets. Nobody from Bungie has confirmed this issue yet for over a week.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Hey it's been well over 24 hours. Just checking to see if Bungie has the stones to admit something is broken with their already-delayed, week-old release. I was right, no show from them.

Posting in language:

• Also posted about this earlier this month. Nothing from Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Same issue on my Hunter trying to infuse a chest armor I received from Vex offensive into on I (think) I received from Season Ranks.

Posting in language:

• I've got the same problem on my titan. Substitutional Alloy Gauntlets require upgrade module to infuse with another Substitutional Alloy Gauntlets. Substitutional Alloy Helm requires only glimmer.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Same here and it doesn’t always happen when trying to infuse this type of armour. Sometimes you can with glimmer, sometimes you can’t. Someone posted about this issue and someone at Bungie replied and said he was going to pass it to the devs. I also Tweeted a screenshot to Bungie Help.

Posting in language:

• FYI - this is the #3 trending post according to the sorting algorithm for game issues … and hasn't even been acknowledged by a moderator after almost 24 hours ….

Posting in language:

• Edited by DcellDave: 10/10/2019 1:33:39 PM
        I thought the same thing. If the "elemental" focus of the armor isn't the same, they're not 'identical'. Have you verified element is the same on both pieces?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • Also getting the same problem with the Hunter Arms https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1885123230 Some acknowledgement from Bungie would be nice even just a yes we know this is a problem

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • It could have something to do with where you get them. I think the seasonal content/pass stuff doesn't infuse or get infused for solely the glimmer. Which is yet another infusion issue they introduced that didn't need to be just so they can delay you liking what you wear at any given time.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
            • Good luck getting anyone at Bungie to acknowledge this

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Can confirm it now takes upgrade modules, noticed this yesterday but I'm 100% certain it wasn't like this before the recent hotfix because I was infusing my best pieces with dupes for glimmer last week.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Same issue here, no matter the combination it always costs an upgrade module.

Posting in language:

• Same...probably a “feature” and not a bug in their mind

Posting in language:

• confirm this with the substitutional alloy hunter cloak - requires upgrade module despite even the element being identical.

Posting in language:

DarkBladePrime
                  DarkBladePrime

I Love a Good Machine Gun! - old

the exact same thing is happening to me. I’ve got a set of substitutional alloy grips they are costing an upgrade module to infuse instead of 1k glimmer. What’s going on? My red moon phantom steps show up correctly. Season Lv 39. Update: I just got a Substitutional Alloy Chest that also requires an upgrade module. I haven’t seen this before today. These are dropped items and did not come from the seasonal progression. https://imgur.com/gallery/4JnzVV5

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon