JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by MrCapuchino: 10/9/2019 7:32:03 PM

Bad FPS drops. Any help?

Hello, Bungie. I have i7-8750 + GTX1070 + 16RAM. Before shadowkeep everything was ok, game was doing great at high and ultra about 85-120 fps, but now... its actually the same, like ez 120 fps but from time to time it drops to 20-30 for a 4-5 sec. And it happens very often(every 20-30 sec). What's the problem? I saw nothing like that in other games. All drivers updated, and i guess its not my pc characteristics problem then? Waiting for answer, at least to figure out what can help, cus playing like that just such a pain.
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I'm also having a similar problem. Running an i7-8750H CPU with 16GB RAM and a Nvidia RTX 2070. Everything except for Destiny runs perfectly smooth, even Destiny runs nicely on 100+ FPS ... until the Frame Rate drops to 20-30, even below 20 in some instances. The drops only last for a couple of seconds, but happen pretty often. It seems to be entirely random, however I noticed it being especially bad during Gambit matches. I've tried everything mentioned in suggestions here, and quite some other things. New Driver, Old driver, rolling back windows, reinstalling ... the only thing I didn't try was a wipe and fresh install of windows. Since it only affects Destiny however, I would assume it's an issue with the game. Is there a fix in sight, or even just confirmation that this is a thing? Thanks for the help in advance.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Hello. Thanks for reaching out to us. You may want to [url=https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335]verify the integrity of your game files[/url] in the Steam app to see if that may help with your issue. If that doesn't work, delete the following local cache/settings directories: [spoiler][b]– %APPDATA%\Bungie\DestinyPC[/b][/spoiler] More suggestions: [quote][b]1.[/b] [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46407]Remove your CVARS.xml[/url] file to see if that helps. [b]2.[/b] Turn VSYNC on and/or off to see if that helps at all. [b]3.[/b] Some users have reported that lowering your clockspeed of your GPU may help with this. [b]4.[/b] Some users have reported that lowering their hz on their monitor has helped with this issue. [b]5.[/b] [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/250853399?sort=0&page=0]This player reported that removing Windows Gamebar has helped with this issue.[/url] [b]6.[/b] For AMD Radeon users, [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/251664497?sort=0&page=0]a player reported that editing their Radeon Gaming Settings and Shader Cache helped them[/url]. [b]7.[/b] You may want to try lowering your graphics settings and capping your FPS. [b]8.[/b] Try lowering your FOV 9. Do you have Nvidia GeForce Experience? Try to reset / optimize your game's graphics settings from that. 10. Change your Window mode to Windowed. [/quote]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Today I decided to play a game, launched it and was shocked by the FPS in the game, dipped to 20 and no settings increase it what to do ?????? GeForce GTX1060 6Gb Driver 436.48 Intel Core i7 3770k 3.50 up 3.80 RAM 16 gb win7 64 bit Game install in Ssd hard drive I removed the video driver and put the old version without result!!!!! The game is definitely broken the funny thing is it ABSOLUTELY does not react to the manipulation of the settings that I would not change the screen resolution, or just the settings of shadows, light, etc. zero effect I just do not know what to do reinstall 80 GB I do not want and do not think it will help.......

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Edited by Murlocgaming: 10/10/2019 1:34:08 PM
        I have a 1660ti 16gb ram an i5-3570k Before shadowkeep i had 120+ fps all the time on max setttings, since the shadowkeep release it sometimes randomly drops to 20-30fps, it s so annoying.

Posting in language:

• Literally have a 8700k OC 4.9 and a 1080ti OC 32gb of ram and randomly drops to 70 even 63fps in some areas but everywhere else 110+fps. Bungie, FIX YOUR GAME. (No other problems in any other games btw, and before anyone says it's my connection, it's not, I have Google fibre)

Posting in language:

• I had same problem here... It was on Microsoft Windows Dynamic Wallpaper, programmed to change every 30s. I choose a static one and the problem was solved.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon