JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Infamousme: 10/10/2019 4:44:27 PM

Reinstate roster preview before match.

Bungie, why did you take away the ability to preview the matchmaking roster? I’m still going to back out when I see it jump by six. All this does is make people wait till match start and they back out anyway. Which screws the current team even MORE. I want the option to stay and fight a group of sweats or pass. *EDIT* Why anyone thinks I'm talking about comp is beyond me. You can think whatever you like of my skill. I am a solo player 95% of the time and I can absolutely hold my own against the sweatiest of player. The whole point of this is; I don't always want to go balls to the wall. If I'm dicking around with a random auto rife or side arm I want to know I can at least have fun with it. If I'm facing 6 DRB/NF/Wardcliffe I can't have fun. I have to rock the meta. And anyone who is saying you can have fun with rando weapons against a meta 6 stack is a troll or Cammycakes.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• They wan't to favour the smaller player base, it sets a bad image for Bungie. I've noticed since the move to Steam the lag has been pretty bad and I'm frankly unsure at times If its just the game or if I am encountering lag cheaters. Never thought I would say that I think the whole system with Battlenet is actually better than Steams current one.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• i dont care about the enemy team, i just want mine to be able to use both their hands and im content

Posting in language:

• Love all the people that are hating on this post. Shows who the people are that do nothing but stack QP. Lol

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Edited by Elno: 10/11/2019 12:34:20 AM
      Make comp very strict glory based matchmaking, make all non-comp playlists CBMM, then remove the counter circle and just say eval/searching in the bottom right so players have no idea how full the lobby is. Add a freelance classic mix if people really want it. In a perfect world, you shouldn't feel motivated to back out before a match starts. Giving you the opportunity to do so doesn't fix the matchmaking problems

Posting in language:

• They removed it on the sly hoping people would just play a 6 stacked team as it a hassle to leave Just go through the change character screen it’s quicker than waiting until the game starts People ask if they are solo not to match a fireteam They ask for a solo queue Bungie thinks the answer is to remove our choice altogether

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • ^this

Posting in language:

• I don't care about six stacks but when I see the teams are from different continents than me I leave the search...but I do this with my router so it isn't really an issue for me...why did I post this?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Agreed I rather dodge the 6 stack with 3.0 emblems instead of loading in and leaving. Which is what I’m going to do regardless

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Edited by BenLithium: 10/10/2019 3:08:48 PM
            I wouldn't mind if the game actually gave you good teammates, 99% of the time i play 6 stacks the game thinks my 1.61kd can carry 5 0.2kds... Why should 6 solos play 6 try hards running dust rock NF and coil?

Posting in language:

• Yeah it's really annoying. I have quite a small playerbase in my area so I tend to run into the same sweaty players and clans regularly and often match against them constantly. I'd like to know who facing against before I go in and have to sit through another pubstomping.

Posting in language:

• Protip: "change character" instead of waiting to land. I used to pre-screen my matches and stay in til the bitter end 98% of the time. If they're going to be assholes about the queue like this, I don't care anymore. Maybe after awhile, their data analytics will show their bullshit policy just encourages even more bad behavior.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • in the end, why does it matter? you get the same rewards if you finish first or last, win or loose. all i see is someone who is trying to protect their stats, which mean nothing in the end.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • I can still do this?

Posting in language:

• [quote]Bungie, why did you take away the ability to preview the matchmaking roster? [/quote] Because it only serves nefarious purposes. XP

Posting in language:

GIVE EM HELLBOY
                GIVE EM HELLBOY

You aint just a 🤡 but an entire 🎪 - old

I agree about reinstating it. What I dont agree with is leaving the matches anyway. The problem is, sometimes the game does not take into account that you backed out in orbit and the game starts unbalanced. As painful as it is go into the match, swap to team chat and pray people will communicate with you. Try to beat that 4 stack and youll see major improvements to your skill.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Edited by TDN DROP: 10/10/2019 3:50:56 PM
                  OR...or.... get this right. it’s crazy! Don’t leave the game to begin with. I played comp with a stack before and they would change characters to try and save stats when going up against a good 4 stack. I never got anywhere with them but I managed to hit legend solo. You’ll never get better if you -blam!- out of every game when someone’s better than you

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I see a stacked team it fires me up and makes me play harder and smarter. I am by no means great at PvP but I enjoy it from time to time as a way to break the monotony of PvE. Nothing feels better than beating a stacked (or what they thought was stacked) team in Crucible. I also have learned to get better you have to play against better, so suck it up and play.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Usually when I see a 6 stack I just think it’s good practice. Guess not everyone is looking for a challenge

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • When you back on last second like that, it sometimes starts the game without one team having one less person. Thanks for being part of the problem.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                        • Or, you could grow a pair and stop being a -blam!- bag.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                          • No. If you want to play pvp, just play it! Don't nit pick. Do you check the players you get teamed with in strikes to make sure their loadout meets your approval? This [i]I might not win so I'm not playing[/i] mentality is beyond childish

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • No, if you really find it necessary to see you opponents gear you can use the destiny tracker. Regardless of when you leave you're still going to mess your team up. Honestly what they need to do is have quit penalty that makes it so people who quite because they're loosing can't just start up another match, but have to wait X amount of time before they can start another match. You're going to lose, that's part of gaming. If a person can't accept that then they don't need to be playing.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                              • If you think about it, people will just quit a match now when they load in rather than in orbit. I matched against a 4stack yesterday that had previously sent me hate mail, and I stayed dropped a 2.0 whole the rest of my team went negative and got bagged and more hate mail. I rarely leave games unless I have to for real world reasons. All these kids crying about quitters obviously have no life other than destiny and it’s why it means so much to them.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • When ever i see a 6 man team (dont use stack it means they all have god roll gear) i stay and fight coz i have two snipe shots and i know that can decimate an early push. I usually get bagged too coz i know who is playing and in some extreme cases like the other day i get Dos attacked for using randys throwing knife 😂

Posting in language:

• Edited by Zelrons: 10/10/2019 9:49:18 AM
                                  Nah, if anything they need to institute Quit Ban.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                                  • No. Quitters are going to quit anyway. The ones lobby shopping for easy wins do not need to know what the opposing team has equipped.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon