JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
10/9/2019 12:24:30 AM

Low FPS in D2

On lowest possible settings on 1080p, I only get 60-85 FPS in game. I have a Ryzen 5 2600, a RTX 2070 Non-Super, and 32GB of DDR4 Ram. This game is on a HDD, but it shouldn't be this bad. I have checked for malware and there is none. Most other games run at expected frame rates, but Destiny 2 seems to be lagging behind. I want to be able to run at 144-240 fps. Also, at highest settings I'm stuck at 60 FPS. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I wish I could play at 60fps.......alas I only has console.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Check your setting to make sure you aren't capped in there. Next, if there no cap try deleting your cvars.xml file. Should be located in the following \Users\USER_NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\ This will completely reset your settings. If you have an issue (like I had) where cvars capped my fps, this could be your issue.

Posting in language:

• I was running a 2070, a 2080ti, now on a 2080S. I think you’re expecting too much fps from D2, a stable 120 would be what I’d shoot for on a 2070.

Posting in language:

• I think the potential for very high FPS may be catching technical reality off guard. This game is very heavily back-ended through networking - some aspects of that may preclude stable frame rates you describe until new technologies are developed, or at the very least unexpected purchases are made by everyone involved in supplying connectivity. This is just a huge guess because I don't know where you are, what your local network is like or how Bungie deals with their own network requirements. I think it's a good one though based on your system and similar reports. Also, just to say so, I remember a time when 60fps was the standard, a standard literally coded into server settings, and before that it was 30fps - and these were in place to ensure performance of relatively simple online shooters. Start now with something as complex as the Destiny 2 framework... Just another reason I think that very high (relative) framerates are catching network hardware and coding off guard.

Posting in language:

• I'm having fps problems too, which is weird because I never had fps issues when it was on Battlenet.

Posting in language:

• Have you checked if your FPS is capped?

Posting in language:

• Sounds like your processor may be throttling slightly, but also double check all your settings to make sure nothing is upscaling anyways.

Posting in language:

• To be honest I feel like Destiny 2 is indeed very power hungry, newer games run better on my system and I have about the same fps with a 1070, same proc and *only* 16gb Ram. The processor might be the culprit here but thats definitely a programming issue since I have no problem getting higher FPS in other games. SSAO didnt change a thing, a 8gb graphic card should NOT have problems with draw distance.

Posting in language:

• I'd imagine it's a combo of the ryzen 5 and the 2070. It's a 1080p60 GPU in high end games like this and the ryzen 5 isn't helping. If ssao is set to 3d change it. Also change your draw distance and foliage settings.

Posting in language:

• Something might need updated or the settings might've been changed. Or there's a software issue

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon