JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/8/2019 7:52:24 PM

Armor 2.0 mods and energy type IS BAD

Can we get this changed so armor energy type doesnt associate with mod type?? Its really annoying to have to ditch your favorite armor because it cant be modded with your favorite mods... Wasnt this the whole point of 2.0??? To allow players to customize themselves how THEY wanted?? I was litterally wondering where all my mods were going and why I couldnt deck myself out how I wanted... Had to look this up and its litterally stupid. Whats the point of 2.0 if you still cant customize how you want with mods. Or at least upon fully upgrading armor allow us to manually change the energy type lime with Y1 masterworks. 2.0 because of this energy BS, went from what I thought would be my favorite armor system, to my least favorite real quick.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by GhostRiderOBD: 10/10/2019 2:05:50 AM
    GhostRiderOBD
    GhostRiderOBD

“Gaming.” -Phil Spencer, 2019 - old

Again, if you and 303 others looked at the twabs, reviewed the armor 2.0 stream, and gave feedback before launch, things might have turned out different. Everything about armor 2.0 was showcased in that stream that was put on both YouTube, twitch, and mixer. People made videos covering armor 2.0 itself. Not to mention there were interviews with developers about the whole affinity system as well. It’s an issue [i]now[/i] because...?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

7 Replies
    • I was like ‘yea, nah... I’ll just keep my original stuff and not use 2.0 armor’ Yea. My original armor stats are trash compared to the 2.0 armor... except that the 2.0 mode takes forever level up and aren’t nearly as perk savvy. 2.0 armor is terrible.

Posting in language:

• Can’t agree more. I find myself wanting to just bring back the armor sets I already had perks and the look I wanted. Thank god I didn’t delete any of my good sets lol. This was honestly a terrible idea and I’m pissed that I have to grind raids and shit that I already got everything I wanted from just to get a 2.0 version that MiGHT match the element I want. There shouldn’t be an element attached and I should be able to add whatever perks I want to any 2.0 piece. Honestly we should be able to buy y2 armor from collections, since there isn’t even perks on armor anymore so random rolls are useless, and add my perks from there. It’s crazy that they’re making us reacquire them just to mod them back to what I already had.

Posting in language:

• I'm still on the fence about Armor 2.0. I don't like having to hunt down basic perks I already had with 1.0. I like the ability to customize, but I still feel like I can't use what I want when I want.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Richardfeton: 10/10/2019 11:44:51 AM
      Why cant we just have the same balance as destiny 1? We only need intellect, discipline strength on armor stats and mobility, resilience, recovery should be easily accessible on the subclass. On D1 that system was perfect, players could choose to have max mobility but sacrifice resilience or recovery or simply have a mix of all of them. That was perfect, D1 handled everything perfectly, even weapons were better, all players had to do was use the gun and earn xp to technically “masterwork” it. Materials were also not that expensive.

Posting in language:

• I just want to be able to re-roll the element. I can deal with farming the right stats and getting the mods. But the elemental mod restriction is a heavy straw on the camel.

Posting in language:

• They once again -blam!-ed up the armor system im being forced to use gear thats ugly for certain mods...

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Bump

Posting in language:

• The elemental affinity is so stupid you can now buy hunter’s sidearm gloves mechaneer’s trickster from cut, but it can’t equip a sidearm loader mod because the mod requires void and the gloves are solar. Great job, Bungie. Glad your team continues to use the ol’ think tank, there. 🙄

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          What happened to all the people claming "with the new system we will be able to play how we want"?

Posting in language:

26 Replies
          • This is a grindy mmo. Get used to it. Reported

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Bump

Posting in language:

• Got my upvote

Posting in language:

• Bump. This needs changed

Posting in language:

People always ask me "why do you complain so much? Why can't you ever find something positive to say about the game?" This is a perfect example of why. Because even when Bungie does something "right," they still screw it up so badly it makes you question if they've ever even played their own game to understand how flat-out idiotic their decision-making has been all this time.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
              • Another thing that is bs is the stat level on gear. Good luck farming for the exotic with 65+ stats on them. Same as legendary armor as the good stats will only drop in the highest pinnacle activities. Personally stats should have been a static number with only changes to the stat type. Pinnacles activities already have specific gear and mods. They had to add stat increase too? All those collection exotics are garbage.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • What's so hard to get a Solar, Void and Arc Helmet, Arms, Chest piece and boots? Like it's not that complicated. Then you get a higher stat roll you delete the old one... what's so hard to of that? 2.0 is miles better than 1.0.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Can we just go back to the old armor system, and keep the new mods? Armor 2.0 is garbage.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Edited by Nthjester: 10/10/2019 12:14:18 PM
                      Forget energy type armor 2.0 is just bad. how is it that my armor 1.0 needed to be nerfed to make me use 2.0? My resilience on 1.0 armor went from 5 (50 by 2.0 terms), or a boost of 50% of max bonus for 10 extra armor and now its 13, which is a boost of 1% or 2 armor. If 2.0 is so great why nerf my 1.0 armors?

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                      • I 100% agree. Armor 2.0 is great... or it would be if the elements weren't holding it back for seemingly no reason, especially on exotic armor where you 'can't' get different element roles.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                        • They just keep outdoing themselves with dumbf*ck ideas. Armor 2.0 is f’ing awful. The rank up and loot system is the worst I’ve seen.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Cry me a river

Posting in language:

• The armor is perfectly fine. The problem is stupid players who want everything in the game to be dumbed down to their level.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • I really disliked it at first but I’m starting to get the hang of it. Although the only armor 2.0 I’m going to use is the vex offensive set because it’s so easily farmable

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Armor was so much better in destiny. Sometimes simple is better.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • Edited by Lian_Ruins: 10/9/2019 2:46:56 PM
                                  When Bungie talked about Armor 2.0 in the ViDoc, I was pretty interested. I new Armor System that allowed me to create my personal Guardian, for my personal game-style, looking for good combinations of stats and perks. It sounded really cool the idea to have this kind of "freedom". Now that this system is in front of me, instead of freedom, I just see a very bad scheme with weird restrictions. Armors Element and Elemental Mods is the first of those. The idea that I have to find the piece of Armor that I want, with the stats I like and also be sure that it is of the Element that goes with the Mods that I want to use it's pretty annoying. If this doesn't happen, I have either find the same piece of Armor, with the same stats but with the correct Element, or all the Mods that I'd like to use with the Element of the piece of Armor I found. Then I have to upgrade it, which is ok as idea, but then you see the cost to upgrade every piece of Armor and you can't help yourself asking who the h** put those numbers. Also because at a certain point, you really need to upgrade your Armor because certain Mods cost like 6-7 Energy Slots... I play Destiny 2 on the daily basis and I'm ok with the grind. So, at a certain point I could probably be able to get a decent Armor like I wish, but even so, I think this system is pretty bad and annoying. I hope Bungie to change it 'cos right now it really doesn't work for me. Until then, I just think I'll wear some Armor that I like (like the Gambit Armor) withtout upgrade it and that's it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon