JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
10/8/2019 8:35:05 AM

(Day 7... or day 8) At this point, who is counting? PC move to Steam is still busted

[i]"Guardian? Guardian! I can't feel my legs anymore." "What do you mean, ghost? You never had legs." "... I could have sworde I did. Maybe it was all a dream." "You were always a dreamer, little light." The Guardian flicks the ghost away, tired of the endless whining. "Don't call me that!" The ghost's light flickers angrily. "...I'll call you whatever I want. Come on, let's go back to the moon." The Guardian loads a shell into the Perfect Paradox. "We will, but only because Ikora said so. I'm not listening to you right now." "Let's go, whether you're listening or not. Moon's haunted."[/i] Good morning Guardians. Today is the start of the 7th or 8th day of no playing, because of the failed Steam transfers. With no fix on the horizon, I thought we could all gather here while we wait. Be sure to continue reporting your issues, so that Bungie can still see the amount of people affected. I hope to see you all on the moon sooner rather than later! Eyes up, Guardian
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I haven't tried this method yet because unfortunately I uninstalled both battle.net and destiny 2 on BNet. I am currently reinstalling them to see if this method works. There's a video on youtube showing how to transfer your BNet data to your steam account. Like I said, i'm not sure if this works or not, but its worth a shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSb4bIK8Zhk

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • so now Bungies fix is that you need to make a new steam account to play. WoW.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Well bois, this is it. I made a new steam account, and I did the transfer again. Transfer page is still buggy as hell, and initially showed me a completed transfer of 0 silver and nothing else besides error text. I took a chance and logged in to my new steam and launched the game. After clicking through all the agreements, I was finally greeted with my characters. I was just too tired of endless waiting for the supposed fix. If anyone wants to follow the same route, know that steam grants refunds just hours after you apply.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • Ignoring the people polluting this thread by suggesting that this issue doesn't need more visibility, I'm having the exact same problem. I haven't seen any official acknowledgement beyond individual forums posts. No help article, no twitter post. I want to play the game.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
          • https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253787708?sort=0&page=0 This is an absolute joke. They have no ticketing or tracking. The only support they offer is this forum where they don't monitor and there's no way to track issues, or a goddamn social media account. What an absolute dogshite way to conduct business.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I guess I lost all of my progress and content, after I already purchased shadow keep. what a joke.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • As of right now I have requested a refund from Steam. If / when the request goes through, I might create a new steam account so that I can play. Whether or not I will re-buy shadowkeep I don't know yet. Seeing this customer service taking days to respond, and a relatively simple fix taking now weeks to get out is just too much for me. I've paid a good amount of money for the deluxe version of Shadowkeep, and I own all previous DLCs as well as most of the D1 content. So, pending my refund, I am no longer a paying customer for this game - which is befitting, seeing as I've been treated as such for the better part of a week and a half now.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                • Day 8: New transfer error Unfortunately??? This is unacceptable... I only have one account for steam and one for battle.net. This isn't a fix. I won't be switching accounts from accounts to just play this game, If this the only solution thank you for nothing. Be sure bad reviews will come and I'm not gonna waste time doing everything again. Better uninstall forever. Thanks but no thanks. New transfer error??????? [url]https://imgur.com/a/cEwlMiI[/url]

Posting in language:

• Edited by rachacuca: 10/9/2019 3:48:50 PM
                  I did the migration before october 1, and when I launched the game on steam, my characters and forsaken license were just gone. When looking at my account collections on the website, the characters were still there, linked to te battledotnet account. I tried to do the migration once again, but until 2 days ago all I could see was "transfer details". Now apparently I can do it again, the website shows "begin transfer", but the problem is a little different. I can see my characters and license in the first part of the process, but when I log in my steam account, the characters appear for like 1 second and vanish, then I get this annoying "no characters found on this account" message. At least the forsaken license is there. From this point on, I have to type "I want to transfer", but didn't do it because I'm little afraid to lose all my progress. Come on Bungie, help us out here. We just want to play your game. Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/pppM9ba

Posting in language:

• https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253884601 I managed to at least 'find' my guardians, i wanna play them again so bad!

Posting in language:

• Edited by Vantae: 10/9/2019 10:37:57 PM
                  So looks like they've been updating error messages on their website. Now I realize I accidentally "migrated" my OTHER blizzard account to my main steam account even though my other blizzard/battlenet account didn't have d2 like how does that work.... https://i.imgur.com/gmh6yY6.png This isn't a real solution...

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • quick question: On steam i am trying to cross save my xbox character to steam, but it doesn't work (Surprise suriprise). If i unlink my xbox account from cross save, can i then link that account to another steam account, or does the 90 period effect all accounts involved in cross play?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Same issue, linked account and tried to transfer. None of my characters moved, and only a new, blank 750 Titan to play. My characters still show when logged in here on Bungie website.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Edited by Marquell: 10/9/2019 6:47:36 PM
                        it asks me to type i agree to transfer but it doesn't actually allow me to do the transfer now

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • Day 7: New update, no fix. Hope is coming back. Hi Bungie team, thanks for working in the migration issue, at least you don't have forgotten us. I tried the new transfer update, no success. It shows transfer error every time I try. Here I share with you my Blizzard account before the transfer and the error it gives always. [url]https://imgur.com/a/iW1Kf7E[/url]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • I had this problem too, I was so fed up with the migration problem that I made a new steam account and went from there, got a refund on steam, did the transfer and it said that nothing was transferred over, I was pissed at myself for being so stupid and doing it but I wanted to have a look and maybe make a new character on Destiny. I loaded the game up and after a long ass wait, my 3 characters were right there. I know it's not ideal, I know it's their problem and no one should be forced to do this but I'm happy that I did, I can finally play the game and not be too far behind. Just to let you know that when I did transfer it, my bungie account wasn't showing anything at all. I got all my characters now, all my dlc , my season pass.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            • Same issues here, Pc move to steam showing only a new Titan to play, won't be leveling another character, will give it a few more days then planning on deleting the game and moving onto something else.

Posting in language:

• Same issues. Says I have no characters, dlc or items. None. "I NOW HAVE NO CHARACTERS, DLC or ITEMS" so looks like they're forcing me to undergo everything I slaved for... or they could address this...

Posting in language:

• I actually got all my caracters from Battle.Net to Steam but I don't have my Forsaken DLC or Year 2 content yet... Imgur Images: [url=https://imgur.com/6VqbrCf]Inicial Transfer[/url] [url=https://imgur.com/73gw0mK]What the page says about my transfer...[/url] [url=https://imgur.com/QtMnA3q]My Forsaken DLC's last Raid...[/url] [url=https://imgur.com/18i9Ugi]My hope...[/url]

Posting in language:

• Bungie please fix this issue already, i'm tired of waiting to play this game!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Same issue here. Also had a thread put up since the first day it happened and there's no indication anyone at Bungie even read it. Not even an auto-reply bot. This is pretty much the worst "support" I've ever experienced in an online game by sheer virtue of the fact the "support" doesn't even seem to exist. I had more prompt and helpful Support experiences in mid-00's Korean MMO's with support staff that barely spoke english.

Posting in language:

• I was having the same issue. I did pc move a few times before I clicked past the notification that you had to cross save to maintain progress starting destiny 2 from steam. Nothing transferred, and then every time I would try after that it never takes with some error message that blinks too fast for me to read it. Also tried linking to a new steam account, same thing happened. Just tried again, now pc move is no longer showing my characters nor any of the season pass, forsaken license, etc. This costumer support and treatment of player base is pretty messed up...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • I was really looking forward to getting to play this with new friends but it's not worth losing the progress and money I have put into the game. Common bungie fix your damn game

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • Same issue. Not sure where, if anywhere, to submit it. I didn't play much destiny for a long time but I wanted to get back into it with the switch to steam. Now all my characters are gone and im back to nothing. I hope they fix this.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • When trying to transfer my battlenet doesn’t even have my characters,just my bnet name and 0 silver,as if I never played destiny on pc,if I can’t somehow get my characters back then I’m done with destiny.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                      • Good luck everyone! I had a week off to do nothing but play Destiny 2... and that week is gone now. Time to go back to work. Turns out Gears 5 (fun!) and GR: Breakpoint (not fun!) were my destiny all along! I gave $20 to MS and Ubi while I waited in line to be able to play a game I bought last year. Go figure. Hope they fix it. Again, good luck, all!

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon