JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.

This thread is inspired by another: view original post

10/2/2019 9:28:55 PM

Cross save season pass lost?

I want to clarify @Bungie that since cross save did not work correctly on my account my season pass is now lost on a character I never played and an account I will never use? If this is true that is terrible customer service. I have played destiny since it released and wanted to make the switch to PC. Please fix this issue ASAP.
English
#Help

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• im in same kinda situation...i.bought forsaken shadow keep just last week and did cross save for character i wanted to only use and and no season pass and have tried to contact bungie all fails not right

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Globespy: 10/22/2019 12:16:56 AM
    This is bordering on fraud. My teen daughter ran into the same issues when we had pro-actively completed the cross-save and account link with Steam in September. She started Destiny on her PC and didn't think that it might be strange she had to select a new character, when she has been playing on XB1 since D1 launch back in 2014. She just thought it was a training type mission since she was playing for the 1st time on PC. Of course, we quickly realized there was a problem and like many others saw that the account link we had take all that time to do apparently never happened! So we link the accounts again and reboot her PC, she now see's all her characters and the one character she started for 10 minutes is of course gone (replaced with her cross-save) and now she's also lost the DLC and season pass! bungie is skating on thin ice here. How many lives do they think they have left? I've been around since D1 and had given up on them at the launch of the original D2, only to come back with the miraculous save of the franchise that happened with Forsaken. Now they try to steal from people? In a market where game developer houses are constantly under scrutiny for underhanded moves, this is an opportunity for bungie to restore consumer faith even further, yet they want to play these games? This will not end well and instead of fixing these issues they will create a bunch of bad press.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Just another message to say that I have exactly the same issue, hoping that Bungie will solve it for everyone : - did the cross save in August (PS4 characters to be able to play on PC), - pre-order Shadowkeep on PC (steam), - launch it and saw that I had to create a new character... - So I checked cross save on bungie immediately, and noticed that no steam account was linked.. !! - then after fixing it I log in into D2 again, found my PS4 characters... but no season pass! As I understood from various comments here, we are a lot of people having exactly the same issue, and this is because of lack of explanation / communication from Bungie concerning season pass, and ALSO because Cross Save did not work. Technical issues can happen, however I'm sure Bungie can transfer season pass between characters ON THE SAME Bungie account. There should be no problem of cheating to obtain season pass, because it is linked to Bungie Account... Right ? To give silver argentum to people in order to purchase season pass from their "main" account is a good solution. You don't have to refund cash and you may also be able to delete after this useless shadow account that has been created at the first connexion (I assume that most of people will not play with it but with their cross save account).

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • Didn't get it either and I've seen it was supposed to be fixed during maintaince today. Please help!

Posting in language:

• I see that Bungie is silent on this issue, except for one little blurb. Apparently, Bungie is OK with slamming the door on countless guardians who find themselves out of luck because the content goes to the first one in their household who logged in. Never mind that they've been able to play together since Destiny 1 (that is my understanding, at least). Never mind that many of these guardians have dedicated countless hours playing a game that they love. Who cares how many new players have been introduced to the Destiny experience by those very same '[i]disposable[/i]' players. Let's take a second to revisit Destinys past, shall we? In September 2014, Destiny 1 is released. While I was the only one (in my household) playing during the entirety of this game, I've been assured that playing with the other members in the same household wasn't an issue. December 2014, 'The Dark Below' was released. Once again, playing with other members in the same household was not an issue. [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u]. May 2015, 'House of Wolves' is released. No change, [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u]. September 2015, 'The Taken King' is released. Many changes are made to the core gameplay with this one. No mention or change is made to this issue. [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u] September 2016, 'Rise of Iron' is released. Still, nothing is said, nor we're any changes made. [u][i] The guardians played on.[/i][/u] This expansion was the last for Destiny. So here we have 33 months (two years, nine months) of content releases and gameplay fixes, yet nothing has been addressed concerning this issue. September 2017, 'Destiny 2' is released. This game featured a multitude of changes from its predecessor, yet linking the consoles in a single household is not addressed, nor is it changed. [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u]. December 2017, 'Curse of Osiris' is released. May 2018, 'Warmind' is released. The biggest thing to come to light during the first year is that Destiny 2 was 'broken'. Yet [u][i]the guardians played on[/i][/u]. September 2018, 'Forsaken' is launched to mostly very positive reviews. Bungie, it seems, has righted the ship with a massive overhaul to gameplay mechanics. This issue remains unaddressed. [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u]. December 2018, 'Season of the Forge' is released with a broken raid. Bungie addresses it almost immediately. On this particular issue, [b]NOTHING[/b. [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u]. March 2019, 'Season of the Drifter' is released. Extensive changes are made yet again. Still, nothing is said or changed to this core issue. [u][i]The guardians played on[/i][/u,]. June 2019, 'Season of Opulence' is released. There are still no changes made to this issue. Information hyping this new expansion begins to trickle in slowly, increasing as the season rolls on. No mention whatsoever of this HUGE change to what has, at this time, become a core dynamic. Finally, Shadowkeep is launched, and countless guardians are blindsided by this fundamental shift in gameplay dynamics. Bungie doesn't seem to care, as evidenced by their relative silence. Their lone statement simply stated that this feature was never supported. I say, however, that it was. Bungie never addressed the issue, opting instead to allow players to access and play the game. I only started using the feature this past spring (April, I believe), but it is my understanding that the option to do so has been available all along. So, I believe that Bunge's silence on the matter only installed an implied understanding that this would be the case going forward. Sadly, all of this could have been avoided by Bungie simply stating, somewhat prominently, that this would no longer be permitted going forward. A statement that should have been made [b]BEFORE[/b] we all (in good faith) preordered this expansion. So, here was are, at this impasse. Had I known that this expansion was going to cost twice the advertised price, I would have bid this game farewell and moved on. Instead, I'm playing while my wife has been forced out, pending Bungie doing what I believe is the right thing. So let me say it again. I want either a full refund for the Shadowkeep expansion, or to be comped the silver needed to purchase the expansion for the second account in this household. As for the ten dollars we spent (and will have to spend) for the season passes, I'm OK with chalking that up to 'the cost of doing business'. So there it is, Bungie. Let's get this ironed out so that we can all get back to the business of just playing the game. I look forward to your response. TRT

Posting in language:

• Me and my wife have always played on our two xboxes in our house and i pre ordered the deluxe season pass only to find out they want to charge me another 10 dollars for somthing i already paid for? This is a sure way to lose customers. I have paid hundreds of dollars towards both destiny games and now you give the game away free and screw your loyal customers? How can we contact bungie about this.

Posting in language:

• https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/depkr6/everyone_who_didnt_receive_their_season_pass/ try this just verify game files close steam the reopen worked now for me. Maybe bungie fixed this server side?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • I am also having the same issue. I have requested a refund on steam but I doubt that they will support it. Just waiting to see what Bungie will do about it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Hi there. I appreciate you reporting your issue to us. Unfortunately, because you logged in before your Cross Save was initiated, your character claimed that Season Pass. It's not possible to transfer this to another set of characters. The only way to get a new Season Pass would be to purchase it.

Posting in language:

43 Replies
            • I have the exact same issue, I dont believe that this was communicated well enough by bungie. I just hope they listen to so many players.

Posting in language:

• Same issue!

Posting in language:

• I have the same problem, I am replying on these threads in hopes that it is seen by Bungie. Good luck Bungie, I know you are looking into this! :)

Posting in language:

• Same thing happened to me, and then stupidly I guess I was trying to fix the problem so I disabled cross save. This is a cluster. Before I started the game it would have been nice to know that the season pass was going to stick with the first account logged in on any system. Maybe it was said on some forum post or twitter but I don’t have time to sit and look for that stuff when all I want to do is get the game and then play.

Posting in language:

• Edited by MojoMan: 10/4/2019 2:00:42 PM
              Bungie, there needs to be some form of credit. At least the 4000 silver to get each season. Cross saving before release on Oct. broke. When I logged in the alert message said... "if you have cross save enabled then your good to go" I had every reason to believe that my cross save was enabled. It is on you that the system broke down. Please, rectify this and at least give us what we payed for.... stop with the "you applied the season pass to the wrong account" answers when you led us to do so by breaking the system. You cannot possibly believe this is the fault the playerbase that it is effecting.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I have the exact same problem. Did the cross save a month ago. Logged in two days ago to see that i had to create a new caracter. Checked the cross save right away to see my steam and ps4 was not linked. In result I lost my season pass.

Posting in language:

• Having the same problem... so incredibly incompetent from Bungie’s perspective. Should’ve just been a code or something you redeemed either in game or on their website if it was going to be this much of an issue.

Posting in language:

• I guess we'll just need to keep making forums about this issue, until Bungie actually decides to take responsibility, and fix this damn issue.

Posting in language:

• Bungie your crap response to many people losing their hard earned money because your season pass- cross save screwed them over is really disheartening. Buy it again you say. How about fix it. You learned a lot about money grubbing over at Activision didn't you. I hope this isn't going to be a huge problem to give people what they paid for.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Edited by Sicpirat36: 10/3/2019 3:35:20 PM
                  With the transfer from console to pc, the cross save doesnt work because new players dont have any characters on steam in the first place to link the accounts. We were forced to start a new character on steam to be able to link the accounts but then it uses the season pass on that new character, pretty much screwing everyone who moved from console to pc. I already spent $85 on the deluxe and forsaken in steam, Bungie needs to figure this out because this is some bs.

Posting in language:

• Why is it that every freaking time I turn around, I'm getting shafted by Bungie? I pre-ordered this expansion in good faith; and fully expected to be able to enjoy the game with my wife, as we have been doing for some time. I've been on all day, leveling one of my guardians up to 900, and was having a good time. Then my wife comes home, logs in, and runs into this issue. As I said, after 7 years (?) playing between D1 & D2; I've just about over the constant nonsense. I decided to sign on for one more year S-O-L-E-L-Y because we enjoy playing together. How in the fuzzy blue hell does the switch get flipped midstream like this? If I had been told about this beforehand, we'd be playing GEARS OF WAR 5. Let me say that one more time, "WE'D BE PLAYING GEARS OF WAR 5" My wife just purchased the expansion in hopes of avoiding this hassle. I have no problem addressing this. I will be expecting either a refund of the ten bucks she just dropped OR a refund of the ENTIRE amount. If we go with the latter, then we'll HAPPILY delete or accounts, and get on with our lives; and leave Bungie to just a bad memory, and move on to GEARS OF WAR 5. God knows I'll never buy another Bungie title...

Posting in language:

• Same bs happened to me. This is wack af.

Posting in language:

• Same exact thing happened to me. Would like a response. Either refund the differnece between the base game and deluxe, refund us 4000 silver to purchase all season passes. Or the best one. Just fix it

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • I'm in the same situation. This is stupid.

Posting in language:

• Same thing happened to me. I just went back to the Destiny 2 and this is what I get?

Posting in language:

• BUMP

Posting in language:

• Same thing happened to me. I cross saved a month ago and when i finally launched Destiny Shadowkeep on STEAM. It made a whole new account. It wasnt until i re-did the cross save that i got my PS4 Characters. But i didn't have the season pass on either accounts.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon