JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Slo Hands: 9/21/2019 7:03:48 PM

Please fix melee supers, 2 years and still bad hit detection

How is this still a thing with such poor sentinel hit detection? There's no way the class's melee ability should have better hit detection than the super melee ability. It's been 2 years! https://xboxclips.com/SIo%20Hands/236b3ad1-ef4f-480c-bd76-8296aa76ae8c Edit: I agree with most comments on Melee supers being broken, so title changed to reflect issues.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • I actually have a theory... in some cases, where latency is involved to a certain, higher degree, two players moving directly at each other will cause an instance where at the point of the server’s “tick”, both players were actually [i]behind[/i] each other, if both players’ positions from their own perspectives are taken into account... resulting in a miss. Hitscan weapons are not effected by this, but normal melee, shoulder charges, middle arcstrider melee uppercut, rockets, grenades, genade launcher remote detonations, and the jotunn will occasionally suffer due to this. Back to supers, though... This only tends to happen with melee attacks with an absolute point-blank area of effect, and/or no effect area [b]extended in front of them[/b] (arc strider and spectral blade will nearly always hit back peddlers within range, but has a small chance to miss at point blank) or [b]behind them[/b] (striker Titan’s entire dash area is a detection spot which means if you dashed past your target at server tick, you will hit them, but it has no extended frontal area so back peddling/jumping will cause a striker to sometimes miss even with the “hit” sound). Sentinel has neither a frontal cone, nor an area behind them which will apply the damage, thus the server tick has a higher chance to detect a behind-behind or out-of-range scenario, both of which result in a miss. It should be noted that the bash attack (2nd hit in the air, third if on the ground) has a slight frontal cone, but still no area behind them, to cause a hit at server tick. This is all just a theory of mine. It isn’t 100% testable because latency seems to be the core determining factor, but I find that in the laggiest environments, I can usually force an attack to land with sentinel by walking backwards a bit before attacking if enemy is charging me... sadly, this leaves me open to damage so blocking is absolutely necessary. If all else fails, block’n’toss.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon