JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/21/2019 5:44:22 AM

Like it or not, Shadowkeep is the new beginning

One, continuous story. Evolving world. I know people are upset about a paid activity being removed, but I’m intrigued by the idea that we can actually win a battle and defeat a threat. That’s never happened. Our efforts actually affecting the world we play in. Permanently. Shadowkeep is signaling the new Destiny. Not Destiny 2, or Destiny 3. But just Destiny. A world in which our actions actually matter, instead of just a game with a bunch of random activities that don’t mean anything except they help us level up. Bring it
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

ScaryDerpyTaco11
    ScaryDerpyTaco11

🥖🥖🥖🥖NURF TITANS :D 🥖🥖🥖🥖 - 10/18/2019 12:30:12 PM

That’s the second new beginning I’ve heard since the new beginning

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I'm looking forward to most of the changes but if Hawthorne is still going to praise us for killing Ghaul and talking about the clan thing or if Tess is going to ramble on about Fenchurch and a shipment and Cabal turning tail thing.... I'm going to snap. I hope they get new dialogue. The vex invasions, the armor 2.0, new weapons, new raid got me pumped.

Posting in language:

• That's what they said about Forsaken. And Vanilla D2. I'm not saying Shadowkeep is going to be garbage, just don't set your expectations too high. Because that's what leads to people being disappointed, and complaining about on the Forums.

Posting in language:

One reason that TTK is my favorite is because the story ended. It had a great endgame battle where you kill the man that started it all, you killed his son and then you kill him. 10/10 best dlc ive ever paid for.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • As much as I'm looking forward to Shadowkeep, I honestly don't think removing paid content is a wise move.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • You mean Dattokeep

Posting in language:

• Edited by TJM99: 9/21/2019 11:59:05 PM
        Nothing about what the story they want to tell would change if they kept the activities Strike logic yo It's not the same as a public world event, it's a separate activity Removing stuff makes actually being connected with any of the activities not worth it, and removes any incentive for Bungie to make them good since they're only temporary. It's a bad way to go about things. Killing Crota, and Oryx, and Riven, etc had permanent effects on the universe, we can run those as much as we want, nothing about a Vex invasion ending that means that it's respective activity needs to stop. If you're okay with this, then they might as well cancel Last Wish then, Riven is [b]dead[/b]. There's no in game reason to be doing it still, and you should be fine with that if you're fine with this. Didn't get 1K? too bad, you had to be there.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I'd be excited if their first update for it wasn't adding in a new way to burn super energy, which is cool, but then also nerfing the fck out of super regeneration. Legit makes no sense to me. Why? That alone killed a lot of my hype as it felt like the tip of the iceberg, and what a surprise so far, it is. They made killing ads harder and boss's are still nothing but bullet sponges. When a crappy game with a player base of only a couple thousand a day has it more figured out than a multi mullion dollar company I get a little concerned.

Posting in language:

• How many "beginnings" have we had by this point? How many times have they delivered in this sequel? Simple answers a ton and none. I'd ask you to please not insult Destiny's name with Destiny 2 but I'm guessing that won't happen and you already did. This is the same thing we've heard year after year except three years ago when it started things just went on a downward spiral.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • There's still gonna be a D3 because of technical limits

Posting in language:

• I'm still waiting to find out what the Traveler is. I'd like to visit some new locations too. Like more moons of the gas giants, Pluto, alien homeworlds, etc.

Posting in language:

• Love him or hate him. This man is speaking straight facts.

Posting in language:

• Evolving world: yes Evolving game: no We’re still stuck in 2005.

Posting in language:

• How is going to an old location to talk to an old npc and fight old enemies to get old gear a new destiny?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • YES. You are right. This is it, people! After 5 years of the same language, THIS season will be the one. THIS one time. This is definitely it! Sure. I can feel it. 🙄

Posting in language:

• With this thinking, shouldnt the raid be removed? We beat the boss, ever evolving world?

Posting in language:

• Edited by List of Jericho: 9/21/2019 7:20:20 PM
              🤣🤣🤔😑🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 they say that every damn time. Corporate shill confirmed

Posting in language:

• ..... Bungie said that every though 😂🤣

Posting in language:

• Lmao. People are so gullible.

Posting in language:

• Lol and smh. They have you fooled😂😂

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • TBH its pretty anti consumer. Paying for a product and making it so you cant replay the content. That shit might fly in Fortnite where its entirely free to play, but when i;m dropping $50 on a game or a pair of trainers, I kinda want a bit more than 3 months usage.

Posting in language:

• What are you talking about exactly? The world has already evolved and changed multiple times due to our actions across both titles - most notably the dreaming city, which evolved over an extended period. As for stories that wrap up, did we all imagine defeating - The Dark Heart Crota Skolas Oryx Aksis Gaul ... You get the idea. It's all just marketing. There nothing wrong with enjoying the game or having [u]some[/u] faith in Bungie, but all of their blurb is half truths at best, don't be blinded by the hype and the talk of new beginnings. Most of us have heard it all before and what's delivered will not fulfill the appetite they instill in people prior to release. I hope it's good as I'm sure you do, but have a think about their claims before believing them or worse preaching them for yourself.

Posting in language:

SlingshotNerd
                SlingshotNerd

I wanna nut inside of Petra Venj - old

[quote]One, continuous story. Evolving world. I know people are upset about a paid activity being removed, but I’m intrigued by the idea that we can actually win a battle and defeat a threat. That’s never happened. Our efforts actually affecting the world we play in. Permanently. [/quote] They said this in the TTK vidoc and the rise of iron vidoc, they also said it in the destiny 2 reveal event! Oh and don’t forget when they said this exact same thing in the Forsaken vidoc.....when will people start realizing that Bungie keeps saying one thing but does something completely the other way around? If Shadowkeep is another story filled with loose ends and conclusions I have to find my self as I sift through the endless paragraphs of “lore” in the game, I’m going to quit Destiny for good. This is unbelievably either put the story in the game and finish it there or don’t even bother with it at all! Not to mention we still don’t have the 15th wish

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • To me everything I have seen in the sandbox tune says slow as hell. I don't believe that will go over well and I don't believe Bungie can weather another something not going over well.

Posting in language:

• [quote]One, continuous story. Evolving world. I know people are upset about a paid activity being removed, but I’m intrigued by the idea that we can actually win a battle and defeat a threat. That’s never happened. Our efforts actually affecting the world we play in. Permanently. Shadowkeep is signaling the new Destiny. Not Destiny 2, or Destiny 3. But just Destiny. A world in which our actions actually matter, instead of just a game with a bunch of random activities that don’t mean anything except they help us level up. Bring it[/quote] 1 new strike. 3 "new" PvP maps Ye

Posting in language:

• You could all buy shadow keep and not do any of the activities and it’ll still disappear. Your ‘contributions’ are an illusion, and it’s bs. No ones changing the destiny world, other than bungie.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon