JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Thundercrash can be buffed by us!
Edited by Odin: 9/19/2019 4:49:10 PM
I miss D1, at least I actually felt powerful. I know I know, I can play it, but it would have been nice to have that same feeling playing D2. D2 my Guardians are a freaking wimp, and my Warlock wears dresses, WTH!
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]I miss D1, at least I actually felt powerful.[/quote] Dude.. We're one phasing [b]raid bosses[/b] on day one and if you don't one phase the boss most people now days consider that a wipe.You may not [i]feel[/i] powerful but we are far more powerful than we ever were in D1.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Did you get the duster if the cormorant blade last season? All I’m wearing next season since it’ll be a universal Ornament

Posting in language:

• I miss talent when it comes to armor that was used to design D1 gear. Filling that I have only a couple of set to use in D2 that I like vs D1 that I had a variety sucks.

Posting in language:

• Trust me D1 wasn’t much better. Hopped on for nostalgia’s sake and there were only about 3 warlock chests in the game that didn’t look like utter garbage. I’m tired of people looking at everything with rose colored glasses.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Trust me D1 wasn’t much better. Hopped on for nostalgia’s sake and there were only about 3 warlock chests in the game that didn’t look like utter garbage. I’m tired of people looking at everything with rose colored glasses.[/quote] I'm a Day 1 D1 player and majorly disagree with "D1 wasn't much better" Case and point? Bungie has to keep reusing D1 weapons/gear. All the D1 raid gear were the most sought out. You hear nothing of D2 raids and going to the tower no one knows you exist because they don't care. D1, you couldn't go to the tower without being noticed in raid gear. Have a nice day.

Posting in language:

• Bungie reuses Weapons and Armor From D1 for 2 main reasons: 1. Players like you and me have find memories of weapons from D1. It’s the whole reason why people keep their old cars. Stick with what you know and like. 2. Reusing assets is something that is done in every game. Call of duty reuses Weapons and models across their games. Warframe does the same thing. Boarderlands too. It’s a way of bypassing development for products and expediting the process. This allows them to work more on other portions of the game. There were approximately 1.5x new guns in forsaken than there were in the Taken King. I personally didn’t like getting spammed by squeakers every time I flew into the tower asking for me to teach them the raid. That also stopped almost entirely with the taken King. I remember going into the beta and getting Shadow Price as a random drop. Fell in love with the gun. I was extatic when it was dropping in Y3. D1 stuff wasn’t necessarily better, we just have memories with them and Bungie knows we’ll get excited over them.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 9/19/2019 7:12:30 PM
    [quote] 1. Players like you and me have find memories of weapons from D1. It’s the whole reason why people keep their old cars. Stick with what you know and like.[/quote] You mean you do. I don't because each time they come back they are watered down and nerfed multiple times once they are back making matters worse. Because of Bungie's watered-down mechanics among streamers and others crying for nerfs. Bungie's sandbox has literally destroyed a hell of a lot of good weapons over the years. Do you downgrade a classic car to keep it appealing? [quote] 2. Reusing assets is something that is done in every game. Call of duty reuses Weapons and models across their games. Warframe does the same thing. Boarderlands too. It’s a way of bypassing development for products and expediting the process.[/quote] 2 things here. 1. Not every game has the sandbox that Bungie does that always goes to the extreme one way or another and nerf everything across the board and call it "balancing the game" 2. There are 75% more useless cosmetics in this game vs D1 loot to chase. You might want to look at what you call loot in D2 and what is actual loot to chase. You know, because one weapon here and one 4 months down the line is a healthy loot pool right? [quote]This allows them to work more on other portions of the game. There were approximately 1.5x new guns in forsaken than there were in the Taken King.[/quote] More does not mean better, in fact, there are 3 times the duplicates in this game dismantled vs D1 with only one new perk but the rest is the same and it's called a "new item" Hell, look at how many sparrows that just the name was changed but they are the exact same sparrow, I lost count on them. The kind of content is what fills in the loot pool that you call "loot". [quote]I personally didn’t like getting spammed by squeakers every time I flew into the tower asking for me to teach them the raid. That also stopped almost entirely with the taken King.[/quote] That doesn't mean anything at all knowing what I said. That is just personal preference. it doesn't change the fact that the raid gear In D1 alone was the most sought out. [quote] I remember going into the beta and getting Shadow Price as a random drop. Fell in love with the gun. I was extatic when it was dropping in Y3. D1 stuff wasn’t necessarily better, we just have memories with them and Bungie knows we’ll get excited over them.[/quote] Knowing how watered down D2 actually is and the weak at best stats and perks D2 has, you would be incorrect.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon