JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Symmetrist Veil: 9/20/2019 3:03:09 PM

So we have to recollect all our exotic armour as 2.0?

Does this mean the drop rate for old exotic armour pieces will go up and we’ll have months of receiving old useless exotics no one uses? Does it also mean the same exotic will drop with differently rolled stats? Do we now have to pray our exotic will have decent stat rolls? Thirdly, will xur be selling ALL exotics as 2.0 to make up for this? If so, will they still be the same price? — will their stat rolls be purposefully weak because they’re not RNG? Thanks.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I’ve already commented on this post but man this is really unbelievable. Why would any game designer think making its players re grind and re earn the exact same exotics that they have already unlocked be a good idea? How is this fair?? How pointless was it for us to earn them in the 1st place? How pointless are they making their game? Once I earned something that should be it. If they decide to alter the game and change mod system they need to make it compatible. I can’t believe this honestly. It’s one thing to make our legendary stuff irrelevant but exotics?? No wonder my 10 year old son quit this game. I bought him the game over the summer, he grinned 2 characters to 750 on his own....then solstice quests came out....I explained the quest steps and he said,”no way I’m wasting my time doing all that. He switched back to fortnite and hasn’t played destiny since. Bungie have you run out of ideas? Can’t invent new stuff so we have to re grind for stuff we already have in collections?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

7 Replies
    • [quote]Does this mean the drop rate for old exotic armour pieces will go up and we’ll have months of receiving old useless exotics no one uses? Does it also mean the same exotic will drop with differently rolled stats? Do we now have to pray our exotic will have decent stat rolls? Thirdly, will xur be selling ALL exotics as 2.0 to make up for this? If so, will they still be the same price? — will their stat rolls be purposefully weak because they’re not RNG? Thanks.[/quote] No just buy another from collections or Xur.

Posting in language:

• No. They already stated the exotics you have earned will be able to be pulled from your collection tab as 2.0 You will NOT have to re-earn them.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • You can pull your exotic armour from the collection and it will be 2.0.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
        • Collection armor will be 2.0. You just won't keep your best rolled exotic stuff as 2.0. Gotta re grind to get good 2.0 rolls

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • That's what they do all the time man, happened at least twice in d1.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • If we only had....I don't know.....some things to boost chances of exotic drops or maybe something that can alter rolls on exotics? WE JUST DO NOT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Can pull them from collections as 2.0, and world drops will have rng perks and better stats.

Posting in language:

• Exotic armor can be pulled from collections to be 2.0

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • Yep delete all armor now shards are worth more than armor! Two years in a row I deleted everything! Fun times!

Posting in language:

• Ahh dont go crazy chasing that exotic 2.0 carrot. You'll be able to beat anything in game without them.

Posting in language:

• No, yes, no.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Does this mean the drop rate for old exotic armour pieces will go up and we’ll have months of receiving old useless exotics no one uses? [/quote] New unobtained exotics are heavilly weighted to drop, but yes, you will still duplicates as you do now, except they will be 2.0. [quote]Does it also mean the same exotic will drop with differently rolled stats? Do we now have to pray our exotic will have decent stat rolls? [/quote] Well thats kind of the point of rng drops, no? Random rolls? The whole game is a grind, thats the goal. To keep getting better gear to make a build you like. [quote] Thirdly, will xur be selling ALL exotics as 2.0 to make up for this? If so, will they still be the same price? — will their stay rolls be purposefully weak because they’re not RNG? [/quote] Yes, Xur will sell 2.0 exotics at presumably the price and as they are now. Collections will have every exotic you have ready to claim as a 2.0 in the form of a "curated" roll.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                  • Can't say anything to the extant of Xur but in the Armor 2.0 stream they said that any exotic armor you pull from collections will be 2.0 . It won't have the best stat roll on, so you'll need to grind for that but not the exotic in general.

Posting in language:

• Edited by AeroStar901: 9/19/2019 6:34:46 PM
                    You can pull a roll from collections which will be 2.0. Also, what could possibly help with getting new ones or maybe different element on the ones you have already (not sure if elements is static) was that I noticed the Master/Legend difficulty for I think it was either nightfall or nightmare hunt the reward listed exotics as common drops

Posting in language:

• If you want to play with the stat roll that is available in Collections? Nope. But if you want to min-max, and tailor your exotics stats to a specific build? Then, yes.

Posting in language:

• I ain’t changing any armour I’m keeping the old stuff that I’ve got on now.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • If this is true then I may quit

Posting in language:

• Oh no, how will I ever get my stag back. C'mon I'm sure the collections tab will give 2.0 armor.

Posting in language:

• Collections will be 2.0 how good is a different story

Posting in language:

• Exotic RNG won’t be a problem, as they’re adding a way to get exotics as a “common” drop. Nightfalls.

Posting in language:

• No. You don't "have" to do anything....

Posting in language:

• Edited by Gilford: 9/19/2019 11:54:28 AM
                      So out of the gate, they explained that they will be available from our collections as 2.0 - they will have static rolls and not as good stats as it would be in the wild. Same goes for Planetary vendors. Ultimately you're going to want to get drops in the wild - but you can fiddle with collections and what you've already earned. Anything after shadowkeep will be 2.0; so i'd imagine xur will be dropping random roll 2.0 exotics as well. That said, in the vidoc from the other day it showed the hardest mode of the nightfall drops exotics as common rewards so it probably won't be as bad as we think.

Posting in language:

• 2.0 has alot of possibilities but I would not get rid of 1.0 armor. The best builds will be a hybrid of 1.0 and 2.0 armor.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • All items will have to be re-gained with 2.0 upgrades.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • My friend a whole back said we can still use our current armour, but the mods power might be toned down a bit so super mods etc may take a little longer

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon