JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Please no more best of year
9/17/2019 10:08:48 AM
I disagree. Not everyone was around or even knew what destiny was and I believe they should be able to get some loot. Its not hurting anyone and tess has only gotten bigger. This post should be more about improving rewards and cosmetics in the game outside of tess.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Doctor_Roidberg: 9/18/2019 4:29:19 AM
    And what do you suggest for the people who were there and literally already have everything in it? Remember, it has to take little to no effort on Bungie’s part.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Its free and its not harming anything. If you having everything is your reasoning for it being gone that just selfish to new or people who couldn't acquire some of the loot. I don't agree with bungie allowing pinnacles to still be obtainable seasons prior but that doesn't give me the right screw people out pinnacles because they weren't there to pick up the quest. I didn't like how easy they made mountaintop while I struggled but I would never want someone to go through the headache I went through. New cosmetics are coming people need to stop being petty over petty stuff.

Posting in language:

• I have no problem with the old cosmetics coming back. I have a problem with the old cosmetics being the only “free” cosmetics. The new cosmetics are either purchaseable for Bright Dust at an exorbitant price of 2,875-3,875 BD per exotic cosmetic, or just flat out SILVER ONLY. It’s idiotic that the items that used to be free are so expensive, and that the way the system USED to be of “free items are always new, buy what you missed out on” has now been flipped on its head. Old system worked fine for both player types. New system is highly beneficial to new player types, while highly redundant and boring for older players. We aren’t being selfish, you are. The system benefits players who missed out much more than it does for players that WERE there and DID earn it then. So again I ask, what is your solution to make earning a Best of Year Engram exciting for both new players AND old players?

Posting in language:

• I have everything so I don't see how. We don't know what cosmetics are going to be in shadowkeep so you can't even say whats going to be free and what isn't. I'm not a developer and I'm fine with the system. Neither the OP or you came up with something better or profitable. If its not profitable then of course bungie wouldn't do it how else are going to pay for stuff and make money? Lets stoop to your levels. Y'all are being selfish because why should you get cosmetics that I paid cash for for free? See how selfish and ignorant I would sound if I meant that even though it is a true fact and is more justifiable than free stuff.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Doctor_Roidberg: 9/18/2019 1:09:27 PM
    [quote]I have everything so I don't see how. We don't know what cosmetics are going to be in shadowkeep so you can't even say whats going to be free and what isn't. I'm not a developer and I'm fine with the system. Neither the OP or you came up with something better or profitable. If its not profitable then of course bungie wouldn't do it how else are going to pay for stuff and make money? Lets stoop to your levels. Y'all are being selfish because why should you get cosmetics that I paid cash for for free? See how selfish and ignorant I would sound if I meant that even though it is a true fact and is more justifiable than free stuff.[/quote] Considering how Season of Opulence has panned out it’s not innacurate in the slightest to expect conditions just as bad or worse in Shadowkeep. Nobody is saying “We should get the current Silver exclusives for free.” Literally at no point did anyone say that. We’re saying that Silver exclusives NEVER SHOULD HAVE EXISTED. For some reason the idea of cosmetics earned through gameplay is just an outlandish and impossible idea to game devs. Destiny in Shadowkeep will have almost the number of microtransactions as a TRUE F2 P like Warframe, despite the fact that Shadowkeep and the Annual Pass are still at the $60 premium. I think you’re not understanding what I’m talking about. Or OP.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]I have everything so I don't see how. We don't know what cosmetics are going to be in shadowkeep so you can't even say whats going to be free and what isn't. I'm not a developer and I'm fine with the system. Neither the OP or you came up with something better or profitable. If its not profitable then of course bungie wouldn't do it how else are going to pay for stuff and make money? Lets stoop to your levels. Y'all are being selfish because why should you get cosmetics that I paid cash for for free? See how selfish and ignorant I would sound if I meant that even though it is a true fact and is more justifiable than free stuff.[/quote] Considering how Season of Opulence has panned out it’s not innacurate in the slightest to expect conditions just as bad or worse in Shadowkeep. Nobody is saying “We should get the current Silver exclusives for free.” Literally at no point did anyone say that. We’re saying that Silver exclusives NEVER SHOULD HAVE EXISTED. For some reason the idea of cosmetics earned through gameplay is just an outlandish and impossible idea to game devs. Destiny in Shadowkeep will have almost the number of microtransactions as a TRUE F2 P like Warframe, despite the fact that Shadowkeep and the Annual Pass are still at the $60 premium. I think you’re not understanding what I’m talking about. Or OP.[/quote] Than if I am misunderstanding than what do y'all want? It doesn't make sense to me to remove free engrams because you have everything. Like I said I just disagree with the OP opinion I'm not saying he is wrong and I'm not saying I am right Injust don't agree with it. I am fine with microtransactions as longs as they are purely cosmetics and nobody can crucify a business for selling cosmetics in a cosmetic store without sounding silly just my opinion.

Posting in language:

• Most people want the original system. Each season brings a new Bright Engram that contains the new cosmetics for each season. Leveling up and decrypting that Engram was actually worth it. Tess would cycle through the older gear every now and then and sometimes sell something you were missing, like Kabr’s Glass Aegis or Rose and Bone. People don’t want level up engrams to just DISSAPPEAR, we want them to go back to actually being relevant like they were in Season 1-6. Where you actually got new stuff from the Engram rather than just immediately dismantling EVERYTHING you get because you probably already have it. Cosmetics are part of a game experience. The suggestion that cosmetics are separate from game experience is deluded. The Destiny Experience is FEELING like a badass and LOOKING the part.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Most people want the original system. Each season brings a new Bright Engram that contains the new cosmetics for each season. Leveling up and decrypting that Engram was actually worth it. Tess would cycle through the older gear every now and then and sometimes sell something you were missing, like Kabr’s Glass Aegis or Rose and Bone. People don’t want level up engrams to just DISSAPPEAR, we want them to go back to actually being relevant like they were in Season 1-6. Where you actually got new stuff from the Engram rather than just immediately dismantling EVERYTHING you get because you probably already have it. Cosmetics are part of a game experience. The suggestion that cosmetics are separate from game experience is deluded. The Destiny Experience is FEELING like a badass and LOOKING the part.[/quote] Completely different than what the OP said. He or she never mentioned anything about an old system. Only remove best of y1 engrams because I have everything. Not even remotely close to what you said.

Posting in language:

• OP says and I quote “No more Best of Year engrams” That can be interpreted the way you did, which is “Get rid of Engram when leveling up” Or as I did, which was that the “Best of Year Engram idea needs to go and be replaced with actually new loot” I can see where you’d think OP is trying to be stingy about new players getting the old cosmetics, but I’m fairly certain he’s on the same thing as me, which is to make it actual new gear instead of recycled gear from past seasons.

Posting in language:

• [quote]This post should be more about improving rewards and cosmetics in the game outside of tess.[/quote] The op needs to clarify and say what they mean. Its very vague and nobody can assume something like what you said in such a short response. Thats why I said exactly what I said the first time. You did what OP did not and you doing so does not equate the same as the OP doing it doesn't work like that.

Posting in language:

• Just a matter of interpretation. OP would do well to clarify.

Posting in language:

• Exactly. My interpretation is exactly how it reads. If the op mentioned the old system or going back to what we had then I probably would have never even responded.

Posting in language:

• I mean he did complain about “just dismantling everything” That suggest he’s tired of getting things he already has and wants something new instead.

Posting in language:

• Than if thats the case then they can wait like everyone else until the new stuff comes in shadowkeep. We all got screwed by the delay and in my opinion don't take it as me saying its fact but borderlands had nothing to do with the delay. New stuff is coming but we gotta wait ,everyone is getting upset about the current system knowing full well there is new content and changes on the way.

Posting in language:

• But... Bungie announced there’s going to be a Best of Year 2 Engram. Which is going to be all the cosmetics from Forsaken to Opulence. Which most people already having, probably including OP. Which just means more dismantling stuff we already have. And it’s not even going to award Bright Dust anymore

Posting in language:

• We can't just assume everything is going to geared towards the best of y2 engrams it wasn't even the case with opulence. Everything except 2 was purchasable with bright dust. The only big microtransactions was ornaments and vehicles for the most part and good portion was able to be obtainable with bright dust. Its crazy how people figure they know everything about a dlc or season that isn't even out yet but to each there own. Until they clarify I disagree with the ops original post.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon