JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
9/13/2019 9:31:04 PM

network issues

Hi Bungie, Just recently (yesterday, I did not play Tues-Wed) I realized an odd issue. I have been running the game over wifi with little to no issues in lag or connectivity since I got the PC version of the game in December. However, yesterday and today it seems like my connection starts to tank whenever i load into anywhere. It appears fine in orbit, and the game ran just fine in all areas last week. I want to note that I can still stream videos and other games just fine while still playing destiny, and a wired connection seems to be working fine as well. This seems like a Destiny issue speaking to my router. I've gone through all the steps suggested on the troubleshooting guide for wifi. I have a belkin DC1600 router. There have not been any major updates to my computer recently and I have not messed with firewalls at all. In the meantime I've managed to get a wired connection working for now, but it's pretty inconvenient. My apologies if this is posted elsewhere, I have not been able to find a situation like mine. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! Rem
English
#Help #Networking

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• A wired connection will always be the better option vs wifi. Wifi can work, but often, switching to wired can solve many issues. That said, It’s possible your service provider is experiencing problems. It’s unlikely you’ll get an acknowledgement from them of this, but on the plus side, they’ll usually fix it before they would get a tech out. Call them if issues persist, and stay wired if you can. Good luck.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

18 Replies
    • To Jn and Sweet, Streaming has never been an issue while playing in the past, and the lag is occurring whether or not I am streaming. Additionally, everything else is working fine, speed tests put me at 80-120mbps wired or on wifi (usually ~100mbps). So it seems weird that with similar connection speeds being wired seems like it's fine but wifi doesn't. Belkin support has no idea, everything is working on their end. I do not get error codes. Just a ton of rubber banding. Thanks for the help

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Stay hard wired, stop streaming stuff while playing (you are eating up some of your internet streaming). Do you get error codes?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon