JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Tozeas: 9/12/2019 1:19:03 AM

Truth is stupid in gambit

Change my mind, pro tip; you can’t. Edit* need to clarify, not saying it needs nerfed, saying heavy and invaders is a problem.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The truth is out there. But so are lies.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• A post I made back in the days of D1: Meet Ted. Ted has just joined a match of Combined Arms on the moon. Ted just absolutely loves his sniper rifle and now he has a chance to use it in the Crucible and demonstrate his awesome skills. What fun! Ted is happy. Ted sets up on the back of the map, kneeling on the top of one of those downed silo things. Oh joy! Ted can see everything! But what Ted doesn't know is that Heavy Ammo dropped one minute before he joined and Guardians have already claimed their purple bricks. Ted lies in wait, scope up, silent, invisible.....oh there's a Guardian running past. CRACK! goes his sniper rifle and the poor Titan drops like a bag of rocks. Ted is super jazzed! Ted sees a Warlock but too late he spots Ted and ducks behind a rock. Ted knows that if the Warlock moves from behind that rock his days are numbered. Ted is patient. Suddenly Ted hears a whoosh and KA-BLAM! TED IS EVERYWHERE! OMG TED! SOMEONE CALL 911! GET A SHOVEL AND A BUCKET!What Ted did not know is that a Hunter spotted Ted on that ridge. The clever Hunter had Truth. And as we all know Truth will prevail. To this day Ted is not the same and he fears going back to the moon. "It will find me....it always does..." *sobs*Poor Ted.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • Edited by Fixxxer: 9/13/2019 9:56:45 PM
      Solution: Stay behind cover when you get invaded.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Personally I don’t think Truth is the problem, imo it’s the ammo economy. During an invasion or invading its usually a couple of easy kills with Truth, mainly because the opposition don’t have their super or the ammo drops haven’t blessed them so they can counter/trade. I’d sooner see a D1 Y2 crucible heavy ammo timer but give players maybe 20/25 seconds to take advantage of the crate once it’s pulled.

Posting in language:

• i report any invader who kills me with Truth

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I’m done playing gambit until invaders lose heavy

Posting in language:

• I think truth is fine. The issue is that it can fire 3 rockets without reloading, every other exotic/legendary rocket can only do 1. Something needs to change. heavy ammo in any gambit mode is ridiculous.

Posting in language:

• They need to nerf heavy ammo in gambit.

Posting in language:

• I don’t have the Truth yet. I don’t really invade, so I like to use my Prospector for boss DPS or maybe the Malfeasance for getting rid of blockers and the envoys.

Posting in language:

• Get rid of frequent invasions, and continual tracking (maybe only at first when you invade). This alone would make gambit MUCH more viable.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Truth is a bad strategy for opposing teams to waste their heavy slot on and has been helping me win alot of games lately going against these clowns. I have truth, but never use it, and instead stick with a machine gun. If someone invades, I simply pop out very quickly to spot them and bait their rockets *but go back to cover*. Having a sniper and being good with it is crutch here. I've taken out so many truth invaders this way, and guess what? When their primeval spawns, they have no heavy or machine guns to waste it because they are all fighting each other over the heavy drop for truth ammo to invade. In all seriousness though, the invade system is broken. Overshield + wall hacks + heavy ammo is as close to cheating as you can get in a pvp style mode. They need to rework the system to nerf those things and not the guns themselves. Sure an MG or truth or sniper work great, but the fact that invaders have the ability to see through walls is what really gives them the huge advantage. Imagine gambit with no wall hacks - they wouldn't be able to confidently stroll around with the sniper or truth out because they wouldn't know if someone was going to shotgun ape them from behind at any second.

Posting in language:

• Why should heavy invaders need to be nerfed? It's 1v4, if 4 of you cant kill 1 invader i'm sorry but you and your team is bad.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • So nerf truth for the sake of shit Gambit which will still be shit? Was shit after sleeper nerf. Was shit after queenbreaker nerf. Was shit after mg nerf. Will be shit after truth nerf. Aside from Gambit being shit, heavy economy and heavy ammo mods are the problem. No point in more nerfs for a game type most hate.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • I was called stupid for writing this^ [spoiler]...and I called them stupid afterwards;)[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Pro tip: nobody needs to change your mind, or wants to. If you haven't figured out how to counter a truth wielding invader then just hide. Truth won't hit you if you're behind cover....

Posting in language:

• It badly needs a buff to velocity and tracking. Adding full auto to it might barely make it playable.

Posting in language:

• The same idiots who whined about Sleeper Stimulant and Queensbreaker never learn their lesson. If you nerf Truth, nothing changes. There is always going to be the next gun that takes its place. It's called a loot based game. If you can't accept that, there's Call of Duty and Overwatch available for you.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • It's the latest asshattery.. it was Sleeper, then it was Q'Breaker, now it's Truth.. give it a few weeks & something from S'Keep will take it's place lol Leave hvy alone 😒

Posting in language:

• Its the reason why heavy ammo needs to be severly toned down in gambit.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • So me saying that gun coming back was going to be a problem with gambit was just me not knowing what I was talking about and I'm just a stupid punk who don't know anything. Hmmmm. Maybe y'all will eventually listen to that crazy old man holding up the sign saying the world is going to end soon.

Posting in language:

• i would agree ...however, i use it alot in my gambit matches due to the amount of potatoes i kept getting on my teams - players constantly ignoring blockers draining motes, ignoring invaders and kept dying while hoarding 15 motes instead of banking them .... i used to really enjoy gambit. i just PvE now ...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Edited by Erijian: 9/11/2019 11:27:55 PM
                      Truth is a dumb weapon in general that even the most potato of potatoes can use efficiently. Had that opinion on it in D1 and was disappointed Bungie brought back such a brain dead weapon.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Edited by HoboMegatron: 9/11/2019 1:27:59 PM
                        Gambit was designed around 2 primaries and people not having heavy ammo. That's why soo many things break gambit, especially invasions. Snipers, sleeper stimulant, thunderlord, queensbreakers bow, golden gun, etc. It's the pvp problem all over again of nerfing one thing just makes another rise. Nerfing truth in gambit won't fix gambit. Something else will just take truth's place. To fight primevals you need heavy, special and supers. If you invade with heavy, special, and supers against a team of randoms who only have primary ammo you'll dominate.If you invade against a coordinated team with all the tools you'll be instantly melted. Gambit isn't fun for solos, it isn't fun for invaders against good teams, it isn't fun for low skill teams. Gambit needs a fundamental reworking. Ideally it should be balanced around fun and both teams having the tools they need to accomplish the tasks.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
                        • Honestly the fact that even I could go off and invade and kill the entire enemy team twice with it says a lot. It is literally the first time I ever got a quad kill and I got it twice in a row with that weapon. I am a terrible invader, utterly awful, but I had to in order to get a triumph or something and so I did it with truth, and I can definitely say that truth is the only reason I got what I needed done in like 2 games.

Posting in language:

• I think the only fix to invaders crunching on heavy is to have an invasion penalty were you lose half your heavy ammo when invading. If your half decent you should need heavy any way, since you get an oversheild+damage reduction+damage buff.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • [quote]Change my mind, pro tip; you can’t. Edit* need to clarify, not saying it needs nerfed, saying heavy and invaders is a problem.[/quote] Yeah it’s like cheating. Same with eye mask and erentil in pvp. Slap on two scanvenger perks and never use a “primary” again.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon