JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Veralium: 9/11/2019 2:15:50 AM

Gambit prime collector weekly gave Outlawed helmet instead of Notorious helmet

Hello! I have been waiting until this week to finish my 2019 title and I needed to finish my Notorious Collector set, but when I finished the weekly, it gave me the Outlawed helmet, screwing me out of ever getting my title since the event ends this week (I had no idea that the bounty was required for the head and thought I just had bad RNG in reckoning). Is there any other way to get my helmet?
English
#Help #gameplay

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by lethalRx: 9/11/2019 9:53:01 PM
    A kind soul pointed me toward a Reddit post detailing how to get around this. I have successfully done it and achieved my MMXIX title. As long as you still have any weekly bounty to receive a powerful headpiece from Drifter, you should be able to get it. For example, if you have tier 1 sentry headpiece already, then you simply need to go into tier 2 reckoning and wager middling sentry motes and you WILL get a tier 2 sentry headpiece to drop eventually. I got it as soon as I got the other pieces in the set. Then you can complete the powerful bounty like normal for the tier 3 helmet. If you don't have tier 1 headpiece for any other roles, then you simply load up reckoning tier 1 and wager weak motes until you get the headpiece, then continue on to the next step. Bungie should really have made these steps clear and it seems like a lot of people on the forums downvote these suggestions. Good luck! P.S. It should be noted this only works because you already have the powerful synthesizer and you have already unlocked a tier 2 headpiece for one role.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Edited by CoryWood62: 9/11/2019 9:58:29 AM
      I just posted the exact same issue except I did have the bounty and completed it. I still only received the Outlawed Mask. Bungie! What's up?

Posting in language:

• Edited by lethalRx: 9/11/2019 1:37:52 AM
      I posted with this exact same problem and so far Bungie has not replied. Something should be done about this being a weekly because it is not explained in-game anywhere.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • The only way to get helmet upgrades is by doing the helmet bounties. Each time you do a set (collector, reaper, etc) helmet bounty you will get an upgrade for that set (1st is Illicit, 2nd is Outlawed, 3rd is Notorious). If you haven’t done a set helmet upgrade bounty at least 2 times before this week, then you won’t get a Notorious until at least next week.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon