JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/2/2019 2:34:46 AM

The Game CAN keep growing - Don't STEAL my money

Bungie claims the game can't keep growing, sure it can, it works for Warcraft, that game hasn't shrunk since it launched. Additionally, they're asking us to pay for each season, then after they are done with it (WE may, or may not, be by then) they'll remove the content. Content that I PAID for, and now can no longer play. Until Bungie changes this, I doubt I'll play Shadowkeep or anything else after it. As a dirty casual I refuse to pay money for something I'll barely get to play. I was really starting to like D2, and was starting to play it more as my main game. But as a professional with a wife and two kids, putting in a lot of hours isn't in the cards, I already have a job. Until I can play at my own pace, I won't be paying.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Its all just garbage, they're creating a time limit then charging for those who might not be able to complete everything within that time frame. If they're removing content, then replacing it with something else then logically we shouldn't have to pay. This doesn't happen in any other product. You don't buy movies, then give them back after 3 months. You don't buy anything then have to give it back in 3 months. That's called rental and isn't what was advertised. Then there's the minimum effort reskinned armour, but Eververse gets a whole new set. It's all becoming about monetisation. Look at The Witcher 3, that game is currently outselling Destiny 2 and it's expansions, yet is older, no live service and no microtransactions. It's almost like if you make a good game, you don't need to monetise everything.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

5 Replies
    • Yeah its painful for the guys deploying to be stuck with the price tag for the season pass when while we're gone we're gonna miss 2 or 3 seasons

Posting in language:

• Warcraft is a pc game. PCs have back-compatibility built in over years. Consoles don’t. Warcraft is a game based on dedicated servers. Destiny isn’t. Consoles weren’t built to do what Bungie is trying to do with this game. This game could grow to 200 GBs in size by this time next year, and demand more memory to run than PS4 and Xbox1 have.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • Edited by Jvp Wrench: 9/3/2019 1:09:26 AM
        [quote]Content that I PAID for, and now can no longer play.[/quote]Like the Blades of Crota events? Or the roaming packs of wolves events? Or the vanilla D1 vendor gear? Or TDB vendor gear? Or the HoW vendor gear? Or the Queen's wrath event? Or SRL? Or Festival of the lost? Or D1 year 1 trials? Or D1 trials after that? Or iron banner in D1? Or crimson days? Or the dawning? Or spooky trials? Or Solstice of heroes? Or 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, & soon-to-be 2019 moments of triumph? Or trials of the nine?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Have you ever made any software or have ever coded a video game on your pc in your life. Even small things such as a blindly ball that changes colors when it hits a wall takes up large amounts of space. Besides from space issues the content can get boring. Why would I want something I don’t find joy in anymore? Besides from those two reasons it’s apart of the license agreement. If I buy destiny 2 and they don’t want me to anymore; they are in full right to remove me. I seek for better content not more ep or blindwell. Live a little friend.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Bungie claims the game can't keep growing, sure it can, it works for Warcraft, that game hasn't shrunk since it launched. Additionally, they're asking us to pay for each season, then after they are done with it (WE may, or may not, be by then) they'll remove the content. Content that I PAID for, and now can no longer play. Until Bungie changes this, I doubt I'll play Shadowkeep or anything else after it. As a dirty casual I refuse to pay money for something I'll barely get to play. I was really starting to like D2, and was starting to play it more as my main game. But as a professional with a wife and two kids, putting in a lot of hours isn't in the cards, I already have a job. Until I can play at my own pace, I won't be paying.[/quote] The better example would be Warframe. Digital Extremes keeps on growing Warframe without having to remove content after a Season etc.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by Pocket: 9/2/2019 11:33:54 PM
            Doesn't Warcraft have a monthly subscription fee of $15? That would be $180 a year. I mean that's the worst comparison you could possibly make here.

Posting in language:

• A fresh install of WoW with all expansions sits at 70GB. Destiny 2 after Shadowkeep is rumored to be around 165GB. That is absolutely [b]huge[/b] for a console game. I get that you're upset, but it's not like ever owned the game anyway. You might have owned a physical disc, but the software is only licensed. Its no different for any video game that you may have on your console or PC.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
            • Warcraft isn't on console. This post is quite amusing because it seems like some people really can't grasp the fact that 165gb on console is ready pushing it. We have horrendous load times for menus and zone changes, yet nobody sees an issue with the game continuing to grow in size? People are acting as if Bungie is doing this just to be jerks. What sense does that make? What do they have to benefit from this decision? Yall are a trip.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Deadpylons: 9/2/2019 3:57:54 PM
              I like how no one else brought up game like WoW, wareframe,GTA5, final fantasy 14 (I think) and many more. Some of these games now a days have both physical and digital versions and have been adding more and more content that are bigger that what we get in D2 and they have also been released either before or a little after D1 with no sequels or additional disk to play excluding WoW of course. I mean I don’t understand the limitations of hardware so if someone could explain to me how that work thank you but going off what I see I just don’t understand why bungie would take things away other than to build a “I need to be a part of something before it goes away ” vibes to the game

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Agreed. Its the same problems a lot of modern games have. These companies are taking advantage of kids who don't know any better. When a lot of these kids get older and have to start working, that will (hopefully) change when they realize words like "hard work" and "effort" should not be associated with a [i]video game[/i]. This new system has Luke Smiths little hobbit fingerprints all over it. I've said it before on here, one of the pillars of Bungies design is leaving players out/behind, its been there since D1. Now with the new system, they can monetize those players as they pay to catch up. Scumgie knows no shame. The whole "the game can't grow forever" is just a smokescreen for this new pay-to-keep-up system they're doing.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
                • If timed events will be like recent Solstice - I couldn't care less. Yet if I'm going to lose Forges or Gambits or Crucible (yes, I'm shitty in Crucible, but I like it nonetheless) - I will be very disappointed. Despite all my love to gunplay in this game, single-player content doesn't have repeatability and replayability other modes have. MAybe someone in Seattle should either learn how compression works, or just ask their friends at Valve and get new Sauce engine. :) Or Unreal. Or anything that doesn't as taxing as this Tiger. You may you brace or hand drill if you need to make a single hole in a wood. Doing hundreds of holes in concrete panels? Invest in power tools. You'll thank me later. I love old tools, but that's efficiency. Or lack thereof.

Posting in language:

• In order for it to be a truly evolving world, activities will need to go away....because, we pushed back and eliminated the threat.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Whales can hold their breath for hours at a time, so why can't I? This just an [i][b]outrage[/b][/i] that I can not perform at the same level of a whale, even though we have entirely different body types.

Posting in language:

• have fun

Posting in language:

• But here is the deal... As of now, you can go back and play destiny 1 and all of its content added through time. Now, there were special times when they would change things in the world and that would come and go.. but you could get the content from that time, but just differently.... As soon as bungie unplugs the game... it is all gone. Your purchase is dead in the water. In its entirety.... same with destiny 2. I would not be shocked if this happens sometime soon and hidden behind the split from activision. Not sure how all that went down with destiny 1.. but if bungie fully owns it... who knows. You do not own any of it. According to the hardware you play on... that can be said about all games. Ie if the hardware needs a verification, unnoticed currently but there are some Xbox games that do... that means all they have to do is not verify the software and you no longer can access it. Even on a physical copy of a single player game with zero online features. This is THE very direction that all hardware and software companies want to go currently.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • If you barely play, then don't pay. You'll continue to receive free updates and content. That's what I'm considering to do as well.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • [quote]Bungie claims the game can't keep growing, sure it can, it works for Warcraft, that game hasn't shrunk since it launched. Additionally, they're asking us to pay for each season, then after they are done with it (WE may, or may not, be by then) they'll remove the content. Content that I PAID for, and now can no longer play. Until Bungie changes this, I doubt I'll play Shadowkeep or anything else after it. As a dirty casual I refuse to pay money for something I'll barely get to play. I was really starting to like D2, and was starting to play it more as my main game. But as a professional with a [u][b]wife and two kids[/b][/u], putting in a lot of hours isn't in the cards, I already have a job. Until I can play at my own pace, I won't be paying.[/quote] There's the issue, you gotta get rid of those so you can have more fun

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon