JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by EXDragonSlayerEX: 8/25/2019 7:42:13 PM

Would LOVE Weapons 2.0

Give us an option to upgrade more than a few aspects of our guns..! Just like with armor 2.0; Give us 10 Masterwork points. If I wanna put 5 on Range & 5 on Stability, I should be able to do that. Or if I wanna go all in on 10 for Range, I should be given that choice. Provide an additional [u]Mod Slot[/u] & make old perks into new mods, like [u]dynamic sway reduction[/u], or something like [u]air assault[/u], To go combo with the [u]Icarus grip[/u] mod. Overall, I hope that the dev team will work on something like this to further our customization..! :-)

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by upchief: 9/4/2019 9:19:37 AM
    Like that one time in the D1 Weapons 2.0 update where they finally added high-caliber rounds to auto-rifles because a .50cal Beowulf makes more sense when you're fighting a -blam!-ing horde of space aliens? Yeah. a 2.0 would be nice if they let me finally shoot out at an effective range of 550 meters and fire semi-auto at 800rpm like an M16 is designed to do. Gotta sweep us big-brain Marines under the rug, though, otherwise Banshee-44 might get flashbacks of 'Nam again.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I wish they would update old weapons. Seriously I've been loving the Widows Bite but it has such shit perks and no ability to masterwork :((

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Whoa Whoa Whoa! Settle down there. Content is hard, man. They have to introduce Armor 2.0 , collect feedback, nerf Armor 2.0 and then they can begin work on Weapons 2.0 which will drop 3 months before D3 where the whole system will be scrapped and rebooted in a way no one wanted.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • I hope as well they update all the weapons to 2.0

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Git Gud

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Already bs we have to regrind out all our old armor, now you want to do the same for weapons? (Again) Nah bro. I'm good. If the update didn't make our old gear obsolete then that would be okay.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Not on the guns dude, the armor for appearances sake but the guns should stay random

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I think you should be able to buy common white weapons with no perks then level them up with exp and unlock perk nodes which you can then go to banshee and choose the perk you want to fill that node and upgrade the weapon. Once you unlock and pick your masterwork, you could then unlock a unique perk node and place perks like increase rate of fire, partial mag fill on kill, health bump on kill, burst fire.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • its a good idea but when does bungie ever put the communities ideas in the game lol

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • You might as well just light the servers on fire now.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I’d rather have rewards 14.0 at this point.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • I think I said this already, but....skip the foreplay go right for the hole-in-one😏. Aaaaaaalllll weapons drop or can be obtained in collections with nothing but stats on them. Mods and perks can be slotted into one of four slots. Kill X amount of enemies to Masterwork, masterworked weapons stat can be rerolled using cores. Boom. ... Armor 3.0 should work the same

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • It would technically be 3.0 😂

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Guns I'm fine with. It's how they create chase in the game. Ghost and sparrows on the other hand... would greatly benefit the 2.0 treatment, especially if they are to stay as Eververse items.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • ...and Weapon Glow

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                              • Make only barrel/magazine random rolls, and the rest is up to mods. Like a mix between grind/modding so there is still a "god roll" to pursue, but doesn't require you to farm for 1000 times the same weapon.

Posting in language:

• Personally, I’d luv to see a mod system introduced to weapons. That said, I think we’re gonna have to see what happens with the Y3 gear mod system first. Although, I think the foundation for a proper system already exist in D2. Generic gunsmith perk mods for all guns, foundry specific perk mods for their respective guns, and a number of more powerful perk mods earned from various activities. My biggest concern would be Bungo’s disposition to over-index the opinions of a certain segment of the population which would lock powerful perks behind content that 90% (or more) of the population don’t run. Thus relegating a large majority of the community to lesser power, rather than specifically giving that minority more power in the content they’re running. In the end, only time will tell and maybe, just may, Bungo might surprise us and not bungle it.

Posting in language:

• I’ve always really wanted this too but I think too much freedom in our weapon slots could cause real balance and variety issues. Plus if any weapon frame could have any mod then you’d only ever go for one particular 150 rpm handcannon (for example) frame as that there would always be one that has objectively the best base stats. I like now how different weapons within the same archetype are made useful by having different perk pools/combinations as well as being a kinetic or energy weapon. Maybe having you be able to change the masterwork or improve one stat of your choosing or swapping just one perk, if you use the weapon enough could be a good way of giving us more control.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • [quote]Give us an option to upgrade more than a few aspects of our guns..! Just like with armor 2.0; Give us 10 Masterwork points. If I wanna put 5 on Range & 5 on Stability, I should be able to do that. Or if I wanna go all in on 10 for Range, I should be given that choice. Provide an additional [u]Mod Slot[/u] & make old perks into new mods, like u]dynamic sway reduction[/u], or something like [u]air assault[/u], To go combo with the [u]Icarus grip[/u] mod. Overall, I have that the dev team will work on something like this to further our customization..! :-)[/quote] I love to re roll my lunas....

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                  • Nah, im not regrinding armor/perks AND weapons/perks. Im pretty much not even going to bother with 2.0 anyway, just going to keep the armor i have and not worry about it, this games not worth nor big enough for the current grind, deff isnt for shit looking armor/perks regrind.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • While a weapon 2.0 may be a good idea, trying to make every thing current in the game obsolete is not a good thing. 2 years of armor sets will become obsolete once Shadowkeep launches, but if we're throwing weapon 2.0 in there too, then that's 2 years of weapons as well.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • Excuse me? hell no. Am not gonna regrind my recluse and mountain top and the rest of pvp pinncle weapons hell no It was painful enough to get it and i aint touching comp again so i disagree there. Unless if they'll turn all of our current weapons into 2.0 auto then maybe.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                        • Bump

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                                          ;
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon