JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: not able to deactivate cross save
8/22/2019 7:11:21 AM
I don't understand what you were trying to achieve??? you can't mix and match characters across platforms.... the idea is that you choose one "active" account (xbox, playstation or PC) and you get to use the progress made on that account across all platforms. You can't select a Hunter from xbox, warlock from PC and a Titan from Playstation... It say's before you do it that you won't be able to change for 90 days... there is a warning message right before confirm! All of you moaning at Bungie, when the problem is not Bungie but your inability to follow simple instructions!
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• No it said you can deactivate anytime but you would have to wait 90 days after to reactivate it I think you need to read it first before you write something on someone else's post and streamers even said the same thing about it too I had the wrong account as my main for all platforms

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• impossible for me to read again as i managed to get it to work as intended without the need to deactivate... Only reason you would ever need to deactivate is if you can't follow the simple instructions to set it up correctly to begin with!

Posting in language:

• you calling everybody that having that problem stupid then

Posting in language:

• Maybe... i don't know. But it's a 3 step process... you login to each account, you select which one you want to be your main across all platforms, then you confirm... struggling to see the problem. There may well be an issue with deactivation... i wouldn't know because i followed the instructions.

Posting in language:

• We obviously followed instructions as well, since we did manage to enable it. What we are trying to get at is deactivating. If a Silver purchase recently makes us wait to deactivate, it should also make us unable to activate in the first place. They also never stated it in their info that if we did purchase, we would have to wait. I personally just wanted to check out my old characters as I originally played on PS4. Then I wanted to deactivate to be back to Battle.net account. But was stopped from doing so, I can see where you are coming from, but do not insult people if you don't know the reason to why they are having the issue. We were told we can deactivate whenever we want, so we should not have to wait to deactivate. The 90 days were if we wanted to enable it again.

Posting in language:

• You are correct... being insulting was wrong and I apologise for it. But you can check your old characters by other means. No need to use cross save. I would class “choosing your main account” as part of the instructions. I doubt they realise this was a problem, otherwise I’m sure it would have been communicated. And I’m pretty sure it will be fixed before long. Might be a life lesson in their for some though?

Posting in language:

• They have replied to other posts that you have to wait 90 days. Like actual mods / bungie accounts said it. Just wish they had communicated it clearly because they didn't at all. But, you are correct on we should have used the feature correctly.

Posting in language:

• Seems stupid to me... as they will lose players. Would have thought it would be in their interest to fix it.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon