JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/15/2019 4:59:52 PM
dmg04

Director's Cut: Part II

Director's Cut: Part II is now available: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48064 Director's Cut: Part I may also be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48058
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Edited by Ari Bray: 8/16/2019 10:34:03 AM
    ♡ Feedback part 1: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253175221?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1 Let's just jump into it. 1. No more Bright Engrams. Sure, I understand this. Recently, "loot boxes" have come under fire being labeled as gambling so straying away from "surprise mechanics" is understandable. [b]"Instead of buying a bunch of engrams and sharding them to generate Dust."[/b] Seems like this is the case. 2. Elemental Affinity Armor. Why is there a separation, and why do only specific elements have specific mods? I know this isn't as bad as it sounds but take for example.. a bad example. Look at MEA, during it's time of introducing new things to the MP, they increased the loot pool exponentially by 300% for no reason other than to give players something to grind for. For example, you have a certain weapon that has a unlock/upgrade system from 1-10. 1 is unlocking the weapon, but with each upgrade you can max it out at 10. What they did was introduce 3 more weapon types, Siphon, Bulwark, and Concussive. These weapon types were not unlocks for the weapon, but 3 totally seperate weapons, of the same weapon that each had an unlock/upgrade of 1-10. So about 54 weapons that could be ranked up to 10, that also had 3 additional seperate versions that could be ranked up to 10 as well. That's 216 weapons, times the upgrades.. That's 2160! This..was bad, and I can't really give some accurate feedback about this new Armor 2.0 system, with it not being released yet, but I do have to say they do share some similarties. I'll just leave it at that. 3. Retiring Mods. Well, at least we get to keep our old mods for our old armor this time. (I still currently have retired mods on my Y1 armor). I should probably stock up on some Y2 mods before Shadowkeep, since I'm using some Y1 armor that isn't going to get a 2.0 version. (Faction armor) [quote]"We’ve converted all current Destiny armor to use the stats, so cooldown durations will change as we migrate to the new system. You’ll be able to see the cooldown timers of your legacy armor when Shadowkeep’s patch goes live.[/quote] Does this mean cooldowns will become slower than they were previously to accommodate the Tier system? or does the Tier systems just mean overall increase capability to stats? Like I was experimenting with a Nightstalker with Sixth Coyote and 5 Paragon mods. I can max out the cooldown of my dodge (with exotic) to give my Hunter only 5 seconds of total visibility before going Invis again. Does this mean if I maxed out Discipline, the gap between how long I have to be visible will close? 4. [quote]"The number of powerful sources in Destiny 2 ballooned during the annual pass. [b]We’re curating down the sources in Shadowkeep. Our target is to get the number of powerful sources closer to Forsaken-launch levels.[/b] In Forsaken, as you over-leveled an activity (meaning your Power gets higher than the activity), the activity’s rewards would become less valuable (the inverse was also true for being under-leveled). In Shadowkeep, we’ve changed that. Instead, the system will advertise a consistent expected powerful reward, regardless of your Power relative to it."[/quote] "Forsaken-launch levels" Where the only way to level up was to do daily/weekly challenges and Dreaming City stuff, which you were underleveled for, and Prime Engrams. All it did was cause people to use an exploit of sorts to attain power beyond normal means, and for what? To leave everyone who didn't do it behind? It took a literal month for me to even get started on Forsaken endgame content, it was really disheartening and one of the reasons why I personally dislike Forsaken even though most people praise it as the "beloved Forsaken era". I really hope my Shadowkeep experience is not a repeat of Forsaken. 5. World Drops being equal to your base power is a small impactful improvement. 6. Pinnacle activities rewarding power above 950. Yes, this may be a great idea! Just combine it with a standard such as Menagerie v Heroic Menagerie! Have an easily accessible mode that everyone can play and matchmake in, then have a more difficult version, a Pinnacle version, that rewards pinnacle power and rewards. It's about time Raids had a Story mode. A week after it's release so World's First people can have their fun as well as everyone else. ♡

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon