JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Finally got the Recluse!
8/16/2019 9:28:09 AM
I just started the quest last night, haven't played PvP in about a year. Got a couple of questions, do I lose progress if I lose a match ? Does IB help progress faster ? Cheers for replies guys.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You lose points for losses. Gain points for wins. The amounts vary for each rank. You also gain bonus points for playing 3 matches THAT YOU FINISH. Try. It’s worth the shot for a top tier weapon. Good luck

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]You lose points for losses. Gain points for wins. The amounts vary for each rank. You also gain bonus points for playing 3 matches THAT YOU FINISH. Try. It’s worth the shot for a top tier weapon. Good luck[/quote] Thanks for that man, very rusty in PvP so the lose mechanic is gonna be rough 😉

Posting in language:

• Edited by recon three: 8/16/2019 6:01:42 PM
    You can do it . Just play smart. If you get frustrated take a break. Plenty of time left in season... look at fireteams for help/ consistency of having a team. I did it solo. Had its moments lol https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/b5qjm4/its_never_been_easier_to_get_fabled_please_give/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app Good luck

Posting in language:

• [quote]You can do it . Just play smart. If you get frustrated take a break. Plenty of time left in season... look at fireteams for help/ consistency of having a team. I did it solo. Had its moments lol[/quote] I can imagine 😄 it'll be cool to mix things up again, my blood pressure was getting kinda low anyway 🤣

Posting in language:

• Sent you a great link on the math of it.

Posting in language:

• There is no point, the season most likely will end before you reach the required glory level. It's very annoying that they reset valor and glory when season ends, makes you abandon quests when there's not much time left.

Posting in language:

• [quote]There is no point, the season most likely will end before you reach the required glory level. It's very annoying that they reset valor and glory when season ends, makes you abandon quests when there's not much time left.[/quote] My own fault man, just couldn't get back into PvP so I left it for a year. Getting bored with pve so hoping it mixes things up a bit 👍

Posting in language:

• [quote]I just started the quest last night, haven't played PvP in about a year. Got a couple of questions, do I lose progress if I lose a match ? Does IB help progress faster ? Cheers for replies guys.[/quote] Yes, Bungie has brought back the Caner from Halo 3 that is the De-Ranking System. Wish Bungie would abolish it. “But then what’s the point of Comp.” umm to have fun and to just play for the hell of it. Also if Bungie kept the points loss but allowed us to not de-rank, I’d be happy with that middle ground.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]I just started the quest last night, haven't played PvP in about a year. Got a couple of questions, do I lose progress if I lose a match ? Does IB help progress faster ? Cheers for replies guys.[/quote] Yes, Bungie has brought back the Caner from Halo 3 that is the De-Ranking System. Wish Bungie would abolish it. “But then what’s the point of Comp.” umm to have fun and to just play for the hell of it. Also if Bungie kept the points loss but allowed us to not de-rank, I’d be happy with that middle ground.[/quote] Cheers man 👍

Posting in language:

• You lose progress if the match is lost, but every week reset as long as you played 3 games and won those or something you'll get a weekly bonus. I think it's 160 every week and after you reached heroic it's only like 120, I could be wrong.

Posting in language:

• [quote]You lose progress if the match is lost, but every week reset as long as you played 3 games and won those or something you'll get a weekly bonus. I think it's 160 every week and after you reached heroic it's only like 120, I could be wrong.[/quote] Thanks for that man, good info 👍

Posting in language:

• [quote]You lose progress if the match is lost, but every week reset as long as you played 3 games and won those or something you'll get a weekly bonus. I think it's 160 every week and after you reached heroic it's only like 120, I could be wrong.[/quote] But Comp is so cancerous that many may lose more then win and those bonuses are easily lost. So the slow grind works against you. Cause losing one match, you lose the majority of your bonus XP

Posting in language:

• Well this is what I heard so it may be entirely wrong. You may actually have to just play 3 matches and hope that it gives you the bonus.

Posting in language:

• IB only helps for the "wins" portion of the triumph. 80 pts for a win, -60 for a loss.....(not including win streaks)

Posting in language:

• [quote]IB only helps for the "wins" portion of the triumph. 80 pts for a win, -60 for a loss.....(not including win streaks)[/quote] 👍

Posting in language:

• Iron Banner doesnt matter at all when trying to get recluse. Also yes you lose progress if you lose a game.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Iron Banner doesnt matter at all when trying to get recluse. Also yes you lose progress if you lose a game.[/quote] 👍

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon