JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Director's Cut: Part II
8/16/2019 4:54:51 AM
Luke Smith is trying to spin these changes as, "We listened and this is what you wanted." Not it's not. I don't see much here that was asked for. It's just more experimentation. The elitism seems to be increased. Some level is only attainable from certain activities. I am sure that those activities will be PvP based. Smith has stated that he loves Gambit. One can read into that that the Gambit concept will be more so integrated into general play. I opted out of Solstice immediately I saw that PvP was required in at least two armor pieces. If any one wants to play PvP, that's fine. Please do play it. But if I want to [i]not[/i] play PvP, the same courtesy is [u]not[/u] extended. Instead, I'm told that I can opt out of PvP, but there is a penalty! It's actually surprising how many of my Clan playing friends don't play, and will not play, PvP. Instead, what they do is hand over their account to PvP players in the Clan, to fill in. What a concept! "Don't like part of Destiny? No worries, just get someone else to do it for you."
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You're forgetting that the "Throw your money at the screen" guy is in charge now.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• All of this stuff is designed around what Luke Smith wants... period. It's his game. He doesn't really care what everyone else wants, imo.

Posting in language:

• I believe this may be way more true than not. Unfortunate.

Posting in language:

• Honestly doing some pvp content is not really the issue even if you don't like pvp. Sure destiny pvp sucks, but the issue is requirements that ruin everyone else's time in pvp. Screwing over teammates because you have to focus on some lame thing in an exotic quest, pinnacle, bounty or whatever. I'm noy good in pvp but still manage to get stuff done. I just hate being really bad because I am ignoring the objective to get something else done totally unrelated to the task.

Posting in language:

• That's an interesting take. My little objection is being "required" to play PvP for something that is unavailable in PvE. Likewise, I object to others being "required" to play PvE, when all they want to do is play PvP. (Smith has absolutely no conception of either of these.) Thinking about it, there have been several notes like yours, that "required" PvP actually ruins the PvP for those who want to play it. I would certainly ruin it if I played it "as required." Could we put it thus: "Players in PvP there for bounties etc. only, ruin the game for players trying to enjoy the PvP game." This is NOT the same as saying poor PvP players ruin the game. Poor players are just poor players. If a player [i]wants[/i] to play PvP, then being bad at it isn't a problem. (Again, Smith has no conception of this. He is blind to all the problems that combined PvP and PvE inevitably create.)

Posting in language:

• Your complaint is that you want equal rewards for playing less of the game?

Posting in language:

• Don't be silly. Saying that equal rewards be available for either PvP or PvE, is not saying "less". Ten hours of PvE or ten hours of PvP for the same reward is equal, is it not?

Posting in language:

• [quote]Ten hours of PvE or ten hours of PvP for the same reward is equal, is it not?[/quote]If it was, you wouldn't be complaining about having to play pvp.

Posting in language:

• No, your're right, I wouldn't. But it isn't, is it?

Posting in language:

• Yup, if Shadowkeep sucks, Smith will turn round and blame the players. Priceless 🙄

Posting in language:

• I guess it's just always a big "BUT" in every "thing community parying and we added". Like... "Community asked about transmog system, so here you are. On new armor you could apply ornaments, BUT only ornaments you bought from Eververse" "Community ask deeper system, where all control of build in player's hands. Here you go, Armor 2.0, absolute freedom to create your own armor build, BUT here is unlogical arc/solar/void RNG stats on armor and mods" So Bungie do something we ask, but always limited this with something noone wanted.

Posting in language:

• You're right there. Any change due to community ask that was implemented, was done so with caveats. I may be incorrect in saying that [i]no[/i] changes were made due to community comments, but they sure as hell were never implemented as per the comments.

Posting in language:

• "The elitism seems to be increased" There is no challenge in the game - thats a face Stop acting like everything is about you There are parts for casuals There are parts for PvP players There are parts for good players

Posting in language:

• Well, not knowing you, I can hardly act like everything is about you, can I? Judging by the 19 likes, I have acted like everything is about others too.

Posting in language:

• PVPers are generally good players period.

Posting in language:

• Found the elitist. "Casuals aren't good players." "The only good players are sweaty neckbeard tryhards that play 24/7."

Posting in language:

• Since most people define casual Destiny players as player who don't participate is more difficult endgame events , yes - you can't be a casual and good at the game

Posting in language:

• Casual players are players that don't play 24/7. It has nothing to with skill, Mr. Elitist.

Posting in language:

• then your definition of casual is way off lol check "casual" and tell me how its related to "non 24/7 player"

Posting in language:

• Holy crap you’re petty

Posting in language:

• Holy crap you're self centred.

Posting in language:

• This whole GD community is. "We want a grind!" *Bungie does what is asked "Why do I have to grind?" "We don't want max power to be so easily obtainable!" *Bungie does what is asked "Why are you making max power only obtainable through pinnacle activities?"

Posting in language:

• It's not even a discussion It's important that difficult content rewards players And it's important that there is difficult content available

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon