JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by SydneySpartan: 8/15/2019 9:58:41 PM

Affinity system is a nightmare

Bungies terrible rng will destroy armour sets I can see people needing a certain type of element and not getting it. So players will be using guns and perks they don’t want all because of a terrible design choice

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• this game can be really frustrating, all these changes were looking real good & Bungie was starting to win people's trust once again, but they had to come out with some stupid sh!t like this Affinity BS, there always seems to be some small detail holding Destiny back, 5 years later & they're still to reinvent the wheel with this game🤦‍♂️

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• IF Bungle doesn’t do anything stupid (tall task) and change the Chalice/Menagerie, then that’ll be a great source for Armor 2.0. That said, they’ve already started to backpedal on this Affinity system and I’m betting it doesn’t make it past the second content release of Y3.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • A lot of the same, Bungie just keeps coming up with ways to waste our time, the grind will be much worse with Shadowkeep.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Limiting player choice is proof a developer is out of ideas. Seems they ran out sometime before D1.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • I will have to wait till I se it in action before I make a definitive decision.

Posting in language:

• Edited by PsychWard8: 8/16/2019 4:04:48 PM
          Oooohhhh noooo, what a tragedy! Now there's only a 1/3 chance to get the EXACT armor I want instead of a complete crap shoot. Whatever shall I do??? Side note: you can choose the elemental affinity in the Menagerie, so if you're desperate to get a certain build you just gotta run the Menagerie 5 times and you're done

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • i knew all these awesome changes sounded to good to be truth, then they announced affinities😖

Posting in language:

Carrot Canks
            Carrot Canks

Candice? - old

3 elements lol. You’re complaining about farming for 3, elements as apposed to hundreds of thousands of possibilities in the current system. I hate the people that say ‘you just want things handed to you’ but that IS legitimately what people who complain about this want lol

Posting in language:

• [quote]I can see people needing a certain type of element and not getting it.[/quote] Dude. Dude. Calm your hate boner for two seconds and actually think. There are THREE, count them, THREE elements. Your odds of getting any single element is 33% and change. Now compared that to the current odds of getting the EXACT roll of perks that someone wants on a piece of armor. <1% on any given drop? The armor 2.0 system will be light years better than what we have now, and anyone complaining is just looking for a reason to be angry.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
            • People need to calm their tits. We haven’t even played it yet and tried it! You know how much random armor I get DAILY that I just shard? That’s right, the same amount as you, aka, a Fallen Ketch load! Now, it seems, we can pick and choose one of each burn and tailor to our hearts content. We can mix/match and make quick loadouts exactly how we desire with just a few pieces of armor. I see this as a potential massive win, but let’s ALL just wait and see instead of being lemmings.

Posting in language:

• What’s going on? What did I miss?

Posting in language:

• Affinity? Sheesh is this warframe’s forums. I swear I was on destiny 2.

Posting in language:

• Well with the state Destiny is in right now with all the Bad Game Modes, Super Nerfing, & Weapon Nerfing, the new 2.0 Armor is like pouring perfume on a Pile of Dog S*** thinking it's going to change it from what it is.

Posting in language:

• Are you kidding me? With armor 2.0 you have a 1/3 chance of getting armor with the affinity you need. Compare that to today. How low is my chance of getting arms with enhanced hand cannon reloader AND shotgun scavenger? What about a chest with Special Ammo Finder AND unflinching sniper?? Some perks you can’t even GET on normal armor; you need to do endgame content to get them. With armor 2.0, affinity is the ONLY RNG (besides the new stats) that even matters.

Posting in language:

• you played ShadowKeep already?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • This seems like a major overreaction. Did you read the latest directors cut? General mods like small arms loader (that give the same level of bonus as hand cannon loader just on all “small arms” weapons) will be available on all armors regardless of affinity. Sure they’re slightly more expensive than just hand cannon loader, but they’ll still work. The only real reason (that we know of so far) to really worry about affinity is for truly specializing or “min-maxing” your build. There could be several other mods that completely contradict this statement, and I could be entirely wrong, but it’s just [b]too early[/b] to tell. Also your old armors will work, so you can still use them until you get that god roll armor, overall this change is handled really well imo, much better than just hardcapping all old armors at 750 or deprecating all old mods.

Posting in language:

• Your old gear will still be viable in everything. Chill

Posting in language:

• It's really not. You'll have 3 sets of armor you mess around with. Not a big deal

Posting in language:

• lmao all you need is a void set, an arc set, and a solar set and you're done. You haven't even played the update yet stop crying

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Oh god...with how much people complain now about not getting a specific weapon with static stats the Complain Train is going to 1000% when they have to get random stats, random elements, random mods, and trying to very the specific item on top of it...

Posting in language:

• Its just means your character won’t “look” as good.

Posting in language:

• ....ugh it’s not even out yet and you’re already complaining??

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Tell me your experience with this armor.

Posting in language:

• It's ok, you'd be crying about something else anyway 👍

Posting in language:

• For everyone saying your chances are 1/3, you are technically correct but please remember that this is the same game where in literally days of grinding powerful drops all you get are boots or a sidearm. Yes, the math suggests it could be in your favor, but Destiny RNG is a special kind of hell. Never forget that.

Posting in language:

23 Replies
                    • Need 5 for raid KWTD Must have 96 intellect Must have all arc armour Must have 64 resilience Must have 72 completions Must have fashion emblem

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon